• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm sorry, what do I have to learn exactly? I feel like I really didn't have anything to do with this other than have him over for a nice get together.

I'm with mainjet. You played a part. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that, but that's the way I see it. You went along with coonfingering a gun, and it resulted in a ND. You passed up an opportunity to teach a known-new, known-questionable gun owner proper gun safety. By going along with it, you are effectively condoning that behavior. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the reload and demo part just happened so fast that you couldn't say, "STOP"... but still, up to that point, you had opportunities to prevent the whole thing.

/MondayMorningQuarterbacking

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I'm sorry, what do I have to learn exactly? I feel like I really didn't have anything to do with this other than have him over for a nice get together. I'm sorry for your loss but don't take it out on me (at least it feels like you are a bit). And as far as me doing my own repairs, no thanks, it's his mess. Not to mention, I'll be at work most the day, and my fiance will have to deal with it.

No, no, I am not taking it out on you. I am just thinking about how fortunate you are that no one was killed. Sounds like you have a hole running through your house and your family and friends were there.

Please don't think that I am taking my experience out on you.

What I was refering to you learning was in response to what seems like two lines of thinking on your part.

1) it seems like you feel 7 months was an decent amount of time with his gun so he should have been okay to handle it loaded and demonstrate it in your house. (clearly not, since you have a whole through your house)

2) you say that he -
    a. is not very smart
    b. has not carried it much
    c. Has only shot it a couple times.

This may seem like I am picking you apart but I really am not trying to. I simply say man, you were all VERY lucky.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm with mainjet. You played a part. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that, but that's the way I see it. You went along with coonfingering a gun, and it resulted in a ND. You passed up an opportunity to teach a known-new, known-questionable gun owner proper gun safety. By going along with it, you are effectively condoning that behavior. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the reload and demo part just happened so fast that you couldn't say, "STOP"... but still, up to that point, you had opportunities to prevent the whole thing.

Yes, and the OP not realizing that bothers me.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW I think one can learn without enrolling at Coonfinger University.

Hmmm, thinking of a slogan for good ol "CU"

How 'bout "CU... in court" or maybe "CU... in the morgue"

:)

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Since it's a 1911 and he's clueless about it's workings, I'd say the appropriate nickname would be:

Butterscotch

He'll have no clue and those are usually the best lesson teaching nicknames.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

Understood. Thanks for the post.

Top Bottom