• ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    When is that going to happen/

They are already on the USPSA site..there are a few glitches that they are working through.

I'm helping them get the Practiscore up and running, so give'em some slack.

Once they do this a few times more, it's get's much quicker and easier to get them done.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    There was some glitches with the scoring, one with a time entered and one shooter that was never entered into a Kindle.

I was on the phone with Chris and he got it sorted out.

There was a mistake with the Classifier that Max and Chris needs to sort out with USPSA so that the new Classifier can be entered. Chris is supposed be taking care of that tomorrow.

There is a learning curve with it, Dave and I went through it at Silver Creek.

All that the guys at South Central needs is a another match to get comfortable with it and help from shooters, as well as shooters have patience while they transition over to the Practiscore system.

This is the future of scoring in USPSA and as anyone that has say in front of a computer for hours, trying to read horrible handwriting and entering score sheets will tell you that it's worth the time to get to understand and use Practiscore.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There was some glitches with the scoring, one with a time entered and one shooter that was never entered into a Kindle.

I was on the phone with Chris and he got it sorted out.

There was a mistake with the Classifier that Max and Chris needs to sort out with USPSA so that the new Classifier can be entered. Chris is supposed be taking care of that tomorrow.

There is a learning curve with it, Dave and I went through it at Silver Creek.

All that the guys at South Central needs is a another match to get comfortable with it and help from shooters, as well as shooters have patience while they transition over to the Practiscore system.

This is the future of scoring in USPSA and as anyone that has say in front of a computer for hours, trying to read horrible handwriting and entering score sheets will tell you that it's worth the time to get to understand and use Practiscore.

Palm scoring was going to be the future and it is dead and gone. Never happened. Perhaps this will be the future but that remains to be seen.

The job of sitting in front of the computer for hours has been pushed off on people to do in the heat, while fighting the bugs, and dealing with the glare of the sun, and trying to shoot the match. I pity the poor guy in our squad who had to enter all of this scoring, and without the comfort of air conditioning and a chair. I hope he at least shot for free.

Now instead of needing RO's on every squad to run it you need an RO, and you need at least one person who can run a kindle. We will see how many dedicated kindle people there are month after month. Anyone who can read and write can take a turn on the clip board, but the same cannot be said for the kindle. Plus there are more batteries and equipment that must run in order to make the match happen.

Plus my initial question was about where they were going to be uploaded to. Practiscore started by loading to a different website, and no one said at the shooters meeting that it would be uploaded to USPSA. Plus it was said at the shooters meeting that they would be there when we got home. They were not. It would have been nice to get an answer and not a sermon or cracks about me losing.

Entering score sheets is not as hard as it had been made out to be.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Answer my pm. You can call if you want 765-301-0075

1. There is only person that has the right to order me to do anything, and you ain't her.;) I had not answered your IM because I was helping the guy at SC finish the scoring and make sure it was right.

2. Is was just a joke, sorry if it offended you. If you cannot take a little joke, well that's on you, not me. Again, it was in jest. Hence the smiley. :D

3. As for the sermon, it was far from it. When we implemented this as Silver Creek we had the old, set the way crowd b#@&h, p%&s and moan over this. In fact, I saw it first hand at a match when we had a shooter actively try to sabotage the scoring with Practiscore, simply be he did not like it.

This is not that hard, if people are willing to do this. I find that people that are resistant to this, just want to shoot, want to do the very little work at a match and go home, or simply enjoy the art of complaining about everything.

This is an all volunteer sport. I have been in it since last Oct and I have tried to help Dave at Silver Creek make it better, to be more efficient in scoring and posting of the scores. I personally think that we are succeeding at it. All new things have a learning curve and there will be mistakes and mis-steps along the way. We had them at Silver Creek, but we have learned from them and are getting faster with each match. What we have learned, I'm passing on to Max and crew, so they will have a shorter learning curve than we did.

The guys that put on matches, do the set-up, tear down and enter scores are, as I'm sure you are aware, often the same small group if not at times, the same couple of guys. They work, have families and other commitments outside USPSA. If it takes hours to enter say 60 shooters, why not make that job easier for those guys and use something like Practiscore, so they have time for other things?

As for not saying where the scores are posted, that was an unintentional oversight, I'm sure. Of course if you have a USPSA number, you would receive a email once the scores were up loaded to the USPSA website.

All I'm trying to do is help make the scoring aspect of the matches go faster for the guys that bust their humps putting on the matches so people like you can shoot.

If I have made you grumpy or ruffled your feathers, that was not my intention. It really wasn't. This something that we all love to do, it's just a game, a sport. Nothing to get all that worked up over, really.

:)

Now, enough of the high-jacking of this thread.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    1. There is only person that has the right to order me to do anything, and you ain't her.;) I had not answered your IM because I was helping the guy at SC finish the scoring and make sure it was right.

2. Is was just a joke, sorry if it offended you. If you cannot take a little joke, well that's on you, not me. Again, it was in jest. Hence the smiley. :D

3. As for the sermon, it was far from it. When we implemented this as Silver Creek we had the old, set the way crowd b#@&h, p%&s and moan over this. In fact, I saw it first hand at a match when we had a shooter actively try to sabotage the scoring with Practiscore, simply be he did not like it.

This is not that hard, if people are willing to do this. I find that people that are resistant to this, just want to shoot, want to do the very little work at a match and go home, or simply enjoy the art of complaining about everything.

This is an all volunteer sport. I have been in it since last Oct and I have tried to help Dave at Silver Creek make it better, to be more efficient in scoring and posting of the scores. I personally think that we are succeeding at it. All new things have a learning curve and there will be mistakes and mis-steps along the way. We had them at Silver Creek, but we have learned from them and are getting faster with each match. What we have learned, I'm passing on to Max and crew, so they will have a shorter learning curve than we did.

The guys that put on matches, do the set-up, tear down and enter scores are, as I'm sure you are aware, often the same small group if not at times, the same couple of guys. They work, have families and other commitments outside USPSA. If it takes hours to enter say 60 shooters, why not make that job easier for those guys and use something like Practiscore, so they have time for other things?

As for not saying where the scores are posted, that was an unintentional oversight, I'm sure. Of course if you have a USPSA number, you would receive a email once the scores were up loaded to the USPSA website.

All I'm trying to do is help make the scoring aspect of the matches go faster for the guys that bust their humps putting on the matches so people like you can shoot.

If I have made you grumpy or ruffled your feathers, that was not my intention. It really wasn't. This something that we all love to do, it's just a game, a sport. Nothing to get all that worked up over, really.

:)

Now, enough of the high-jacking of this thread.

If I don't know you, and I don't and you don't have your name visible on this site, you should refrain from joking about losing at the top of post. The people above me on the score sheet can call me a loser because they have earned it. Obviously it was not you, or you would have answered the PM.

When you make statements about the hardworking people who make it possible for people like me to shoot it shows your ignorance on the topic. I feel pretty confident that I have done my share and them some to the shooters in this state. I have been shooting and helping put on matches since 2003. I know a thing or two about putting on matches and what is involved in the process.

When you stand at a shooters meeting and make a promise you need to deliver on it. Under promise and over deliver would be a better approach.

When I hear a 30 year shooter say before the match that he will quit shooting rather than learn to work a kindle it gives me pause.

I wonder if the light turn out on a great day weather wise for a good match was related to the new scoring.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I apologize for slowing the scoring down.My scoresheet wasn't entered into practiscore because it was in my rangebag.I was given the impression that my scores wouldn't be up loaded and I was ok with that.
    I had a great time with a great squad in really good weather,a guy can't ask for much more than that.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Sorry for all the confusion Guys and Gals. We where extremely short handed this month on the setup and there was everything to do for the match as usual with a lot less people to help. SCGC officers decided to go this route with the scoring. Entering the scores on the Kindle is a piece of cake, when everyone does it on the squad for a few shooters no one has to do it all for the whole squad. Human nature does not like change but please bare with SCGC thru this change. Thanks to all who help with a difficult weekend at SCGC. Max

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I apologize for slowing the scoring down.My scoresheet wasn't entered into practiscore because it was in my rangebag.I was given the impression that my scores wouldn't be up loaded and I was ok with that.
    I had a great time with a great squad in really good weather,a guy can't ask for much more than that.
    Just can't take you anywhere...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Unfortunately, I couldn't make it, but personally I'm more likely to go to a club using Practiscore. Same day scores is an improvement. As clubs figure it out, near real time scores are possible, and will become the norm.

Some folks are making a bigger deal of "learning" to use it than it really is. Instead of writing the time, you type it. Instead of writing 2 in the alpha box, you tap it twice. You don't even have to tally up the hits like you would on paper, it does it for you. It checks to make sure you didn't miss any and lets you know BEFORE it turns into a reshoot, or worse, before it turns into a f'ed up score when the stats guy gets it hours after the match and there only 30 hits tallied on a 32 round course. The app is ridiculously easy to use, and serves as a real time QC measure.

If the luddites are skeered of the kindle, they can help paste. It's no different than paper, in which every squad has only 2, maybe 3 people willing to run the paper clipboard. Same thing, just a different excuse. "I'm not good at math" (I try that one myself every match, doesn't work :):) vs. "tapping a screen is too hard to figure out"

It's 2013. There's no reason that we need to be putting hours of extra work on volunteers to enter data a second time. Tablets are cheap enough that we don't need all these intermediate, non value adding steps of writing it on paper, tallying, then typing the same data into a computer.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    OLD FART

I'm almost positive you was against automobiles computers texting and cell phones too! :):

You know all the stuff that makes your life easier

You are correct, minus the automobile.
    I don't feel that cell phones have made MY life easier. Complicated, hectic and filled with useless trivia, maybe, but not easier.
    Computers have their place,email was nice,but no one uses it anymore.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'll just throw this out there. The first time I was handed the clipboard last year, I was scared to make mistakes with the scoring. I didn't understand the scoring system, so being in charge of the clipboard was frightening.

Paper or digital, both ways can be intimidating.

Education and experience can ease the concerns of those leary to change.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I mentioned earlier, it isn't that bad if they are working. In Wisconsin, they didn't responds well to cool temperatures. We spent more time in between shooters trying to get the scores correct. Maybe it is just because Wisconsin sucks, but I could foresee it being an issue here in October, November, March and early April. Granted, it does get you the scores quicker and it really isn't that hard to do. I hadn't touched one since April and I was able to enter a few shooters while our resident Kindle guy was shooting. Then I had an incident and just RO'd the rest of the day...:facepalm::facepalm:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I mentioned earlier, it isn't that bad if they are working. In Wisconsin, they didn't responds well to cool temperatures. We spent more time in between shooters trying to get the scores correct. Maybe it is just because Wisconsin sucks, but I could foresee it being an issue here in October, November, March and early April. Granted, it does get you the scores quicker and it really isn't that hard to do. I hadn't touched one since April and I was able to enter a few shooters while our resident Kindle guy was shooting. Then I had an incident and just RO'd the rest of the day...:facepalm::facepalm:

If we have an issue with the weather we can still do the paper score sheet take them to the club house after the match and have several people upload a squad and still not put a big burden on 1 person to enter all the scores. Our officers think this is the way to go and it will work will help from the shooters.

Top Bottom