• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    How bad can the Kindle be??

If we have an issue with the weather we can still do the paper score sheet take them to the club house after the match and have several people upload a squad and still not put a big burden on 1 person to enter all the scores. Our officers think this is the way to go and it will work will help from the shooters.

I really can[t believe that I am seeing so much bad press about Kindle scoring. I had the opportunity this weekend at South Central to follow a squad and do the backup scoring on a Kindle. Had never held one before and could not believe how easy it was to enter the data. For god's sake, I'm a super senior with most of my nerve endings shot and still found it really easy to do. It amazes me to read the negative comments from our members. Come on guys, get with the program. The future is going to happen with or without you. How good is it to get your scores the same day. Shut up and go with the future.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I think overall it could be a good thing. I would definitely use paper back up for awhile and definitely consider paper on cool days. Do the batteries have 'memory'? Will they discharge if over charged? Will they die faster in cold weather? Is there a contingency if one or more fail? I also remember twice the Kindles locked up in the cold weather. I don't remember how it was fixed.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Do all you that have kids remember the movie Over the Hedge?
    Does Chris S. Remind you of Hammy the squirrel when they give him caffeine?

34he2c7.jpg

Last edited:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Do all you that have kids remember the movie Over the Hedge?
    Does Chris S. Remind you of Hammy the squirrel when they give him caffeine?

34he2c7.jpg
    I can see an Indiana GM in Limited in the making. Chris came and took my class, I showed him what he was doing right and then we worked on what he was doing WRONG!!! He went to the Indiana Sectional match and got DQed, came to our match and won every stage in Limited and Over all. I got him to slow down###$$$!!%%%&&&&$$$$ a LITTLE and call his shots.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can see an Indiana GM in Limited in the making. Chris came and took my class, I showed him what he was doing right and then we worked on what he was doing WRONG!!! He went to the Indiana Sectional match and got DQed, came to our match and won every stage in Limited and Over all. I got him to slow down###$$$!!%%%&&&&$$$$ a LITTLE and call his shots.

Thanks, thanks alot.......:dunno:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I could have used that not DQ advice Sunday

The M&P 9 felt good. I was picking up the sights. Then disaster struck. Don't try to jump a mag that you kicked when reloading. Bad things happen and Jake turns even pastier

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I could have used that not DQ advice Sunday

The M&P 9 felt good. I was picking up the sights. Then disaster struck. Don't try to jump a mag that you kicked when reloading. Bad things happen and Jake turns even pastier

If my parrot was sitting on my shoulder the f#&@ ucker would have had to duck......

The m&p wasn't feeling to good to me

Russellhjoy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Gotta hand it to Max, his class definitely improved my game by helping me play to my strengths and attack my weakness such as simplifying my planning and finding my most accurate shooting speed. Unfortunately the last stage of the indiana match I foolishly came around the corner a little too wide and broke the 180, Im paranoid about running with a holstered loaded gun so I drew too early (I think you can consider that irony). Sorry to those who were in my squad but at least I got some cool pictures for you. Still one of my favorite matches yet despite being DQ'd. Looking forward to next years match and to represent the 317 at nationals.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gotta hand it to Max, his class definitely improved my game by helping me play to my strengths and attack my weakness such as simplifying my planning and finding my most accurate shooting speed. Unfortunately the last stage of the indiana match I foolishly came around the corner a little too wide and broke the 180, Im paranoid about running with a holstered loaded gun so I drew too early (I think you can consider that irony). Sorry to those who were in my squad but at least I got some cool pictures for you. Still one of my favorite matches yet despite being DQ'd. Looking forward to next years match and to represent the 317 at nationals.
    Good luck at nationals.......after it you should check out shooting open, max wants the competition

Top Bottom