• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thanks to the South Central crew for a great and fun match.
    Fun squad as always.
    Perfectttttttttttttt weather.

superluckycat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Madison
    Fun match, as usual great squad-The Misfits.

One thing I would like to say-

Today a shooter, when confronted about not helping paste and reset the stage, told that person that he did not have to paste.

Well that is BS. This is an all volunteer sport, from the set up crew, to the RO's, to the squad mates resetting and pasting, to the scorers and the tear down crew.

If you are unwilling to get off your butt and paste, then you need to find another sport.

It's time to start issuing these shooters that think that they are above helping reset a stage for the next shooter procedurals and if needed, to be DQ'ed from the match.

Pasting is for the little people.

No, they don't have to paste.....

They don't have to shoot either.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Fun match, as usual great squad-The Misfits.

One thing I would like to say-

Today a shooter, when confronted about not helping paste and reset the stage, told that person that he did not have to paste.

Well that is BS. This is an all volunteer sport, from the set up crew, to the RO's, to the squad mates resetting and pasting, to the scorers and the tear down crew.

If you are unwilling to get off your butt and paste, then you need to find another sport.

It's time to start issuing these shooters that think that they are above helping reset a stage for the next shooter procedurals and if needed, to be DQ'ed from the match.

This is a team sport, and if someone refuses to help they should be DQ'd after 1 warning. Refusing to help is completely disrespectful and rude to the people who make this sport happen:twocents:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Last time I ran into the problem was at the 2015 Indiana 400. The guy said something like "I have been building stages in the hot sun for the last 6 days so you can kiss my ass".

:)

Max - if a 20 oz yeti with 3 pasters on it shows up in the lost and found please holler.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a team sport, and if someone refuses to help they should be DQ'd after 1 warning. Refusing to help is completely disrespectful and rude to the people who make this sport happen:twocents:

There is no rule that supports or allows your recommendation of a DQ.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    There is no rule that supports or allows your recommendation of a DQ.

IMO it would fall under this -

Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a
    Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsports-
    manlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty,
    failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official,
    or
    any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master
    must be notified as soon as possible.

You can make a case that failing to help paste and reset a stage would fall under the reasonable directions of a Match Official.

Last edited:

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Was this a new shooter? Someone we are not familiar with? Was there any reasoning behind not helping? Just curious and I would like to make sure I am never on a squad with them if there were no justifiable reasons that he/she could/would not help reset.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    This was a squad with 6 new shooters and I was not aware of this or we would have put some of them on different squads. So I think they did not know what needed to be done. Having said that!!! You would think by the 2nd or 3 rd stage they would figure it out. Max

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    This was a squad with 6 new shooters and I was not aware of this or we would have put some of them on different squads. So I think they did not know what needed to be done. Having said that!!! You would think by the 2nd or 3 rd stage they would figure it out. Max

Yea, by the 2nd stage a new shooter should have understood what needs to be done while on a squad.

IMO it's also the job of the RO and fellow squad mates to get new shooters squared away.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Was this a new shooter? Someone we are not familiar with? Was there any reasoning behind not helping? Just curious and I would like to make sure I am never on a squad with them if there were no justifiable reasons that he/she could/would not help reset.

From what I understood it was a new shooter.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Ok...I sent Troy McManus at the USPSA National Range Officers Institute or NROI an email about it-

Hi Troy, I have a question for you. Yesterday at a local match we had a shooter that refused to help paste or reset the stage for the next competitor. When confronted as to why he was not helping, he said and I quote-“I don’t have to paste”.

We were discussing this yesterday and today with the general consensus being that he could either given a procedural for that stage or a match DQ. I was looking at the rules and IMO, his behavior could fall under Unsportsman like conduct.

Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a
    Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsports-
    manlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty,
    failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official,
    or
    any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master
    must be notified as soon as possible.

Again, in IMO, if a Match Official-an RO or Match Director-told him that he needed to help paste and reset the and he refused, he could be DQ’ed for failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official.

Is that the proper use or interpretation of that rule?

Troy wrote back-

[FONT=&amp]That's what I would do.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]If he refused to help paste when asked or directed to, and everybody else was doing it, then I'd DQ him very quickly.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Troy[/FONT]

So the unsportsman like rule can be used to DQ a shooter that refuses to paste or reset a stage, after being told to. He or she, get's one chance then he or she can be DQ'ed.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Ok...I sent Troy McManus at the USPSA National Range Officers Institute or NROI an email about it-

Troy wrote back-

So the unsportsman like rule can be used to DQ a shooter that refuses to paste or reset a stage, after being told to. He or she, get's one chance then he or she can be DQ'ed.

:rockwoot: good info Dan.

Max toss me some new shooters. I like teaching moments.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    :rockwoot: good info Dan.

Max toss me some new shooters. I like teaching moments.

Happy to help. I think that it's time to issue a warning at the shooters meeting.

All shooters if not on deck or loading mags after coming off the stage, need to paste and rest the stage. You don't, you will be DQ'ed.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Well, looks like I can add this new rule clarification on the rulebook discussion.

Normally, it's written on the WSB to help paste and reset the stage. So if that is not followed, it can be a classified as not following the rulebook/WSB.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom