• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Guys I don't normally interject my opinions, especially when it comes to the matter of rules. I would like to think that SCGC has developed the reputation of hosting competitive, fun, family friendly matches and an environment that welcomes new shooters. That requires everyone to do their part. After seeing this thread please let Max, Gordon and I discuss the issue later this month and we will address any problems going forward. Thank you for your feedback.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Guys I don't normally interject my opinions, especially when it comes to the matter of rules. I would like to think that SCGC has developed the reputation of hosting competitive, fun, family friendly matches and an environment that welcomes new shooters. That requires everyone to do their part. After seeing this thread please let Max, Gordon and I discuss the issue later this month and we will address any problems going forward. Thank you for your feedback.

:yesway:

Sorry, my intention was not to derail this thread or dictate. I just wanted to make sure that shooters understand that these great matches we have here in Indiana only happen by the great volunteers we have and that it takes everyone to step up and help on match day.

I feel that we are truly lucky to have great clubs and matches here, especially after I talk to others in states that do not have the club network that we have.

Just to be crystal clear-I don't want to DQ anyone. At all. Ask anyone that shoots with me, I would rather use it as a teaching moment than a dq. But just because you don't want to help reset a stage should mean you can get away with sitting while others work. It's not a huge percentage that does it, in fact it's very, very small, but when you are on a squad with 10 shooters and one or more does not help, it gets noticed.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok...I sent Troy McManus at the USPSA National Range Officers Institute or NROI an email about it-

Troy wrote back-

So the unsportsman like rule can be used to DQ a shooter that refuses to paste or reset a stage, after being told to. He or she, get's one chance then he or she can be DQ'ed.

I'm surprised he said that, but maybe I should not be.

On the other hand, you've just virtually guaranteed I'm not coming to any more matches at South Central, including Bob's memorial match.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I'm surprised he said that, but maybe I should not be.

On the other hand, you've just virtually guaranteed I'm not coming to any more matches at South Central, including Bob's memorial match.

Wait a minute a new shooter refuses to help reset the stage and gets gets called out on it by other shooters that do help reset the stage.
    Someone asks the NROI and gets a respond(that you don't like apparently) and this is South Central's fault?
    Just curious what would you have done?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I always mention at the new shooters meeting that this is a volunteer sport and everyone is expected to at least paste targets and tear down after the match.
    We had 6 new shooters at this match and only 2 attended the new shooter meeting?
    We also had 1 person attend the meeting who was there to watch his first match and figure out what he needed and what the basic rules were.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wait a minute a new shooter refuses to help reset the stage and gets gets called out on it by other shooters that do help reset the stage.
    Someone asks the NROI and gets a respond(that you don't like apparently) and this is South Central's fault?

I didn't say it was South Central's fault, but there is at least one RO who intends to DQ people for not pasting. No one is going to miss me.

I've been playing this game a long time, probably close to as long as you have. Getting people to help has always been an issue, but my opinion is that asking and encouraging is as far as it should go. When people express the intent of actually disqualifying people for not helping as much as they think they should, it's too far. In my opinion, that is at least as much of a dick move as it is for an able-bodied person choosing not to help paste.

From a practical application, who will decided how much is "enough"? That's not a decision that should be in the hands of an RO.

Not interested in debating this with you or anyone else. I'm only responding to you because I respect you and you asked an honest question. Now you know where I stand for what it's worth. Again, no one is going to miss me.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

Exactly. And Paul you do a great job with the new shooters meeting.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Exactly. And Paul you do a great job with the new shooters meeting.

NO ONE and I say again NO ONE willed be D Q ed at South Central for not pasting targets. End of this TREAD I hope.

Joe you and Bob where GREAT friends and I don't want this tread to change that. You are always welcome at SCGC.

Max

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    NO ONE and I say again NO ONE willed be D Q ed at South Central for not pasting targets. End of this TREAD I hope.

Max! Thank you for that. It is much appreciated.

Joe you and Bob where GREAT friends and I don't want this tread to change that. You are always welcome at SCGC.

Max

You are absolutely correct and I apologize to all for losing sight of that truth. I'll be there on the 30th!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    This was posted in the other SC thread even though i wasn't reading it at the time of writing this

What I learned this weekend at another match, in another state: we do better at most club matches than some place do at level two matches

1. Me "is this plate a 180 from here, is it a forbidden action
    RO: : The intent of the stage is to not shoot it there
    Me: is it a 180
    RO: No
    Me: is it a forbidden action
    RO: No
    Me: only issue I see is it isn't 26 feet but it isn't written as a forbidden action
    RO: hey (CRO)
    RO: can he shoot this from here.
    CRO: No
    Me: why not
    CRO: not the intent of the stage and it will slow you down. The first squad had a lot of great local shooters and they didnt
    Me: so what if shoot it here
    CRO: I'll DQ you
    Me: what rule?
    CRO: it's not a good idea and no one will.
    Me: yes, they will. Get the range master to call it a forbidden action for safety violation otherwise it will be an issue
    CRO...no one will do it
    ME..yes they will

I had to tell the RM who did agree with me that since it wasn't written that it could be shot as is since there wasn't a charge line. He made it a forbidden action for safety reasons

It would have save high capacity people a few seconds to take from that spot. Round count it wasn't wise for low.capacity

That's only the 1st issue

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    No one is going to miss me.

I've been playing this game a long time, probably close to as long as you have. Getting people to help has always been an issue, but my opinion is that asking and encouraging is as far as it should go. When people express the intent of actually disqualifying people for not helping as much as they think they should, it's too far. In my opinion, that is at least as much of a dick move as it is for an able-bodied person choosing not to help paste.

From a practical application, who will decided how much is "enough"? That's not a decision that should be in the hands of an RO.

Not interested in debating this with you or anyone else. I'm only responding to you because I respect you and you asked an honest question. Now you know where I stand for what it's worth. Again, no one is going to miss me.

I already miss ya Joe, seeing you always reminds me of my "tactical" beginnings and the fact that we've been doing this in some form or another for 20 + years !!!!!

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Looks like that 100% score on Pucker Factor is going to put a G in front of my M in Limited Division. That will make the 70 year old Super Senior a GM in Open and Limited. Must be the new DVC Limited gun.:rockwoot:

JMitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2015
    Greenwood
    Last time I ran into the problem was at the 2015 Indiana 400. The guy said something like "I have been building stages in the hot sun for the last 6 days so you can kiss my ass".

:)

Max - if a 20 oz yeti with 3 pasters on it shows up in the lost and found please holler.

I have the Yeti. 812 345-3645

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I already miss ya Joe, seeing you always reminds me of my "tactical" beginnings and the fact that we've been doing this in some form or another for 20 + years !!!!!

Indeed! And of course I will never disappoint you by failing to mention it EVERY TIME I SEE YOU. HAH!

Looks like that 100% score on Pucker Factor is going to put a G in front of my M in Limited Division. That will make the 70 year old Super Senior a GM in Open and Limited. Must be the new DVC Limited gun.:rockwoot:

Yeah! Must be the gun. I need one like it . . . might get me to B class! HAH!

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Congrats Max!:rockwoot:

Maybe one day I will at least get an A. I suck at classifiers, and field courses too. LOL

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Never say never right? Congrats!!!!

Top Bottom