• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    He found someone to love it seems...

My buddy has a cabin/camp near Uniontown on the Muscatatuck River....He was checking his deer stand this past weekend and noticed scratch marks about 7 feet up on a nearby tree....He asked one of his neighbors about it and his neighbor laughed and said "Check this out" and showed my buddy his trail cam pics....Adult bear and two cubs.....

They're here...I bet will have some in Perry County within the next ten years....

Let's hope!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    He found someone to love it seems...

My buddy has a cabin/camp near Uniontown on the Muscatatuck River....He was checking his deer stand this past weekend and noticed scratch marks about 7 feet up on a nearby tree....He asked one of his neighbors about it and his neighbor laughed and said "Check this out" and showed my buddy his trail cam pics....Two adult bears.....

They're here...I bet will have some in Perry County within the next ten years....
    Not too far up river from my hunting area. River is about 2 miles due west of my stand, Uniontown maybe 7 miles north. I've seen no such bear sign though.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Any word if DNR has gone into denial-mode on the bears like the cougers?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Rumor has it that during the civil war Kentucky boys used to throw sticks of dynamite across a narrow stretch of the river at those dang Hoosier Yankees. And they didn't stop it until the Hoosiers started lighting the fuses and throwing them back.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Awesome.
    Loved reading the book "bears of blue river" as a kid.

I loved that book! I think of it every time I drive by the Flat Rock/Edinburgh exit on 65. I need to find a copy for my grandson. I especially liked the part about the "Fire Bear"... that was probably a bear that had bedded down in some rotten wood infested with "foxfire" bacteria or something that had a natural luminescence.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rumor has it that during the civil war Kentucky boys used to throw sticks of dynamite across a narrow stretch of the river at those dang Hoosier Yankees. And they didn't stop it until the Hoosiers started lighting the fuses and throwing them back.

:): That reminds me of the story of a couple of Kentuckians that wanted to cross the river. They saw a couple of Hoosiers on the other side and asked if they could help. The Hoosier boys hollered back, "We'll shine our flashlights across the river and you can walk across on the beams!" The Kentucky boys hollered back, "We're not stupid! You'll wait until we're half way across and turn the lights off!"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I loved that book! I think of it every time I drive by the Flat Rock/Edinburgh exit on 65. I need to find a copy for my grandson. I especially liked the part about the "Fire Bear"... that was probably a bear that had bedded down in some rotten wood infested with "foxfire" bacteria or something that had a natural luminescence.

Just ordered a used copy from Amazon. Grandson's birthday isn't until August but I think he'll like it. Thanks for reminding me of this TT! :)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    :): That reminds me of the story of a couple of Kentuckians that wanted to cross the river. They saw a couple of Hoosiers on the other side and asked if they could help. The Hoosier boys hollered back, "We'll shine our flashlights across the river and you can walk across on the beams!" The Kentucky boys hollered back, "We're not stupid! You'll wait until we're half way across and turn the lights off!"

Then there's the one where a Hoosier was on one side of the river fishing and a Kentuckian on the other. Every so often the Hoosier would jump up and run over behind some bushes. Kentuckian hollers over, "Hey Hoosier, why ya keep going over behind those bushes?" Hoosier yells back, " got a case of diarrhea." Kentuckian yells over again, "Hang on, I'll come over and help you drink it!"

Yeah, that's a bad one, but it was funny to my 14 year old self.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Then there's the one where a Hoosier was on one side of the river fishing and a Kentuckian on the other. Every so often the Hoosier would jump up and run over behind some bushes. Kentuckian hollers over, "Hey Hoosier, why ya keep going over behind those bushes?" Hoosier yells back, " got a case of diarrhea." Kentuckian yells over again, "Hang on, I'll come over and help you drink it!"

Yeah, that's a bad one, but it was funny to my 14 year old self.

:facepalm: :):

Top Bottom