• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    How can anyone watch this and think something positive took place?

Why do you hate America so much?

44f58c57.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What's the context? Was the driver having a bad day and stressed out? Was he running late to his mother's funeral and upset that he was being made even later?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For someone fearful of being shot down like Michael Brown, he is working very hard to cause a conflict.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For someone fearful of being shot down like Michael Brown, he is working very hard to cause a conflict.

The officer wasn't all that skillful at managing conflict. A few well place words from the start might have set the whole conversation on a different tone. Instead, essentially starting the conversation out with "YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORETAY!" only helped escalate things.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The officer wasn't all that skillful at managing conflict. A few well place words from the start might have set the whole conversation on a different tone. Instead, essentially starting the conversation out with "YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORETAY!" only helped escalate things.

Are you telling me that beginning an interaction with a complete stranger (who was totally minding his own business) by yelling "GET BACK IN THE CAR! THAT'S AN ORDER! GETBACKINTHECARGETBACKINTHECARGETBACKINTHECAR!" might not have been a great way to handle this?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Are you telling me that beginning an interaction with a complete stranger (who was totally minding his own business) by yelling "GET BACK IN THE CAR! THAT'S AN ORDER! GETBACKINTHECARGETBACKINTHECARGETBACKINTHECAR!" might not have been a great way to handle this?
    I'm pretty sure, judging by the driver's initial actions, there are no combination of syllables that would have changed the driver's mood and behavior. To Expat's point, I don't think he was afraid of getting shot, he was a foot or more taller than that cop and more than a match for him, physically. He wanted to prove a point (of some kind) and now he'll get to do it in front of a judge.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Of course not, jumping out of your car as soon as you are pulled over for a legitimate violation of the law and being an ass definitely was though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We really need a traffic school. The damage Boston T. Party's moronic advice about jumping out of the car has caused havoc in the gun culture.

How can anyone watch this and think something positive took place?

Something positive? Who said anything positive transpired?

The moron driver was arrested and faces a misdemeanor conviction and a potential negative impact to his parental rights.

That's like shooting yourself in the foot and hoping something good happens. He pulled the trigger, it is all negative but by his hand.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I will have to say this officer treated this guy with respect. He asked him very nicely to get back in the car. The guy right away refused to listen. Then the officer could have by law used all types of force. He did not and tried not to do anything in front of the guys son. I am positive the officer would have had a good interaction with this man. The man was not injured. The man has a responsibility to his son to act like a adult. If you notice the slamming of his hands on the car. That is an aggressive action, that should get a response from the police officer. It does not even though the officer has mace and a tazer. Anyway very well done by the officer.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Are seat belt laws a load of crap? Perhaps, but that's beside the point. The issue at hand is the man getting out of his car. Sorry, but that's a huge no-no. More than once when that's happened we've ended up with a cop shot to death. Cops tend to not want shot to death, so the policy is stay in your car and wait for the officer. If he had done that this probably would have ended with a warning.

Causing a commotion with the police will not undermine bad laws. They'll just make other bad laws stronger. Good on the cop for handling this without injuring the idiot.

I challenge those INGOers who side with the driver, next time you're stopped jump out of your car. Come back and report to us what happens.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What's the context? Was the driver having a bad day and stressed out? Was he running late to his mother's funeral and upset that he was being made even later?
    Maybe he'd seen an infant killed in a drive-by in his neighborhood.

Neither side was in the right. This is a perfect example of the idiocy of "give me respect first" argument.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Driver should have never exited the vehicle unless instructed to. The cop who pulled him over was very reserved in the amount of force he exerted against him. The state has approved of far more violence against citizens who posed less threat than this driver. If the driver wanted to, he put dropped that cop like a sack of potatoes.

The driver was in the wrong... unless there's something we couldn't see off camera. Was another officer throwing **** on the driver? Did the driver's wife run off with a cop, hence the anger against all police? I don't have enough information to make a judgement call.

Top Bottom