• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i have read some info about spikes' poor business practices and how the owner tom? has called out PSA on several occasions. also in 2008 spikes supposeadly jacked prices way up just for the election? this thread is from ar15 dot com but shows PSA being very proffesional when called out and provides proof for they're claims regarding 300 AAC and 6.8 SPC proof rounds. does anyone have any more info? i was contemplating buying one of they're uppers but am now thinking otherwise. there have also been bad AAR's for spikes products in carbine courses?

PSA 16" 6.8 SPCII, 1/11, Mid-length, Lighter profile, MP Upper - Page 1 - AR15.COM

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've found Spike's Tactical products to be of great quality. They're incredibly backlogged and their wait times are ****, but the products are good.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    From my own reading, I have found there is a huge amount of hatred toward Spikes Tactical on M4carbine.net. And there was a thread there that pretty much said that anyone who uses a Spikes Lower doesn't know anything about AR's.

There's also hatred towards PSA on M4carbine.net.

On AR15.com, I have also found hatred towards anything not Colt, BCM, DD, Noveske and LMT.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions on sites like that. Heck, I have also found some dislike to Larue Tactical products, especially towards the Larue owner, on getoffthex.com

Lots of people have opinions. Just have to be extra careful on whose opinion you believe...

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I like Spikes Tactical parts. Their enhanced lpk's are saweet! That said, their wait time really sucks.

I have used PSA parts on builds and recommend people to them. For the money, hands down it's PSA.
    Only a couple minor complaints about PSA. One is that you CANNOT get anyone on the phone if you are trying to call CS. My other complaint is off topic for this thread.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The good news is if you don't like their businnes practices you can by the same parts somewhere else. After talking to someone there I'm convinced they don't make anything of their own. All they do is put that gay spider on there.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The good news is if you don't like their businnes practices you can by the same parts somewhere else. After talking to someone there I'm convinced they don't make anything of their own. All they do is put that gay spider on there.

I like that gay spider...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Have you really "seen" it though?

As in on my rifle or on the molle spider patch they sent with the rifle?

Guess haterz gonna hate

I'd buy spikes anything again. Rifle = NO problems whatsoever.
    Compensator = NO problems whatsoever.

I've yet to hear a single person (that owns something from Spikes) say anything negative about their product.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have a Spikes upper with Spikes BCG, 1:7 twist carbine length. It's excellent. I'm heading down to central Fla this April. I'll have to swing by and see their shop and give you a report.

Last edited:

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I cannot say enough positive about Spike's. I gladly waited my turn in their backlog, and I certainly wasn't disappointed when my rifle arrived. When I called them to check on the status they were very nice and professional. Three of my friends have now purchased Spike's, and I've heard nothing but positives from them.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got a Spikes carbine upper and buffer on a Stag lower, and it is 100% gtg. It is very accurate and eats Wolf, Tula, and Bear for breakfast, when I want to shoot on the cheap.

I've also got a great PSA rifle. I don't know what the fuss is. They both get along real well, right next to each other in the safe! :-)

Top Bottom