• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Has LE started supplying every officer with a machine gun? Has LE tried to say a machine gun is a safety device?

The answer is no.

Do you know why LE has started to call cans " Safety Devices"
    So the departments are required under Federal law to supply employees with all critical safety equipment. Just like safety glasses and ear plugs.

Alexandria has 11 full-time officers, they have 4 M16A1's. So with three officers on each 8 hour shift they have a surplus of machine guns. But for day shift the extra are for the asst Chief or the Chief. Whomever is on duty..
    I believe the capitol expenditure was 400 Dollars delivered for them. Money well spent compared to the cost of 4 quality AR's.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I don't know if there are specific studies on rifle vs pistol and hearing loss. However gunfire is cumulative and over a 20 year + career it can add up to hearing loss.

Without thinking too hard, there have been a few OIS in the last 6 months or so around here. All have been pistols.

Again without thinking too hard, I've got a couple of friends that have been in OIS, some rifles some pistols. Some say they didn't even hear the gun go off. Most have permanent hearing loss. If given the opportunity I'm pretty sure all would have preferred a can or some ear pro.

What are the chances a guy will be shot? Pretty low, but they still make them wear body armor.

I have family that works in LE myself.. None of them or my friends that work in LE have ever mentioned having a can for there AR is f they do even carry one in their cruiser.

Please post the data, of all these officers that have hearing loss thats attributed to Shooting while on the job.. I'm betting 99.99% of the time it's from lack of use or improper hearing protection while on the range..
    15 ifso prevalent it should be easy to post..
    Post data that starts with hearing tests done at preemployment and done at regular intervals like most corporations with employees that work around loud noises.
    And prove that this equipment is truly needed and not just "wants"
    All I have read here is folks opinions. Post some facts to bolster your side.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Do you know why LE has started to call cans " Safety Devices"
    So the departments are required under Federal law to supply employees with all critical safety equipment. Just like safety glasses and ear plugs.

The more police departments refer to them as safety devices and disprove the myth that suppressors make guns Hollywood quiet, the harder it will be to justify keeping them as an nfa item. The truth is, they are safety devices. They protect against hearing damage and loss.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The more police departments refer to them as safety devices and disprove the myth that suppressors make guns Hollywood quiet, the harder it will be to justify keeping them as an nfa item. The truth is, they are safety devices. They protect against hearing damage and loss.

So*** Still no data over the last 25 to 40 years that back up the facts long term hearing damage of why LEO need cans for their Dept or privately owned AR to use while working?
    It's sounds more like a want than a need...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok, I'll say it then. I WANT a can on my 10.5" AR for work. I want it for the same reason I have one on the rifle I keep handy for home use. Happy now?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want as many LEGAL people as possible to have suppressors. Police, civilians, little old ladies. It only helps our cause to get them off the NFA registry.
    Why would anyone be against police with suppressors?
    I mean honestly even if you are paranoid about police (even if some concerns may be waranted) if they want to kill you it's not like they have to be quiet lol. They are the police. Even in the bin laden raid when the locals came out they were on a bull horn telling peolle to stay back because it was a police operation LOL.
    MOST cops are not our enemies. They are our friends and keep ****ers like antifa out of our nwighborhoods

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He's not against police having suppressors. He's against the taxpayers footing the bill for them.
    Well let's have a vote. I'll give them my tax money. Better use for it than a sports team!

Edited to add; That's a whole other issue that irks me. They (politicians) complain about violence and murder rates yet they blow money on stupid **** like the 10 point coalition that's basicly the union for gangsters and they blow money on sports teams, all instead of hiring and training the cops we need or giving them BASIC equipment even. Not even meaning suppressors . Its irresponsible, no its shameful

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's what I think is funny. He's whining about wasting tax payer money, but ignores the fact that it was approved by the council. Anyone care to guess who elected the members of the council?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Here's what I think is funny. He's whining about wasting tax payer money, but ignores the fact that it was approved by the council. Anyone care to guess who elected the members of the council?

So none jeudicious use of taxpayers money is whining? That's funny and sad at the same time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom