• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I find it funny that he doesn't live in Spokane and contributes exactly dick to SPD.

That's a funny response, contributes exactly dick....
    So do you honestly believe that Spokane PD has never received Federal Money or applied and recieved Federal Grant Money? I'm sure like ke most large Departments that have a few employees that have Grant paperwork in there job description..
    I pay Federal Taxes, therefore I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That's a funny response, contributes exactly dick....
    So do you honestly believe that Spokane PD has never received Federal Money or applied and recieved Federal Grant Money? I'm sure like ke most large Departments that have a few employees that have Grant paperwork in there job description..
    I pay Federal Taxes, therefore I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Please provide the exact amount you personally contributed to the purchase.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Please provide the exact amount you personally contributed to the purchase.

It could be 1,000,000,000th of a cent, Its a moot point. The money is taxpayer money, Thats been established.

I think is funny that none of those folks posting here for cans from the taxpayer manna tree, no data has been posted that supports your alls side of the discussion.
    Post up data that proves they actually are needed.
    No ones posted dick other than straw men and opinions.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It could be 1,000,000,000th of a cent, Its a moot point. The money is taxpayer money, Thats been established.

I think is funny that none of those folks posting here for cans from the taxpayer manna tree, no data has been posted that supports your alls side of the discussion.
    Post up data that proves they actually are needed.
    No ones posted dick other than straw men and opinions.

I'm sure there are a multitude of things my tax money pays for that I don't agree with and don't want to support. But getting all butthurt about it just isn't worth the effort.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    There is a Frank N Stein over at Subguns.com (BCR) and I was wondering if it was one and the same.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a problem with buying necessary equipment, if it's necessary.
    I just don't believe that buying cans for street officers is a prudent expenditure with taxpayers money. The odds that an officer will ever fire his handgun are very low much less to fire a rifle inside of a building or anywhere close while on duty.
    One would think if it's a noise problem it would seem that handgun cans would be more necessary than a rifle can.. I mean because handguns are fired much more often than a rifle.
    What is the data for officers that have fired a rifle while on duty?
    What is the data for officers that have hearing issues at retirement or before?
    Is a baseline hearing test done to officers when they are employed and at regular intervals to see if and when they have hearing problems and when it started happening?

It's easy to say someone needs this, but when the taxpayer is paying it needs to be justified.

I didn't think that it had been that long since I had been on here, but this thread has taken off.

If you were to want a study done or testing like that, then wouldn't those audiologist bills add up at the cost of the taxpayer as well.

If you want to look into government mis-spending, then you have a lot more to find than a $400 piece of equipment that MAY be replaced every 10 years. You have your right to an opinion, but this is far from a big spending concern.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I didn't think that it had been that long since I had been on here, but this thread has taken off.

If you were to want a study done or testing like that, then wouldn't those audiologist bills add up at the cost of the taxpayer as well.

Many industries for decades have done baseline hearing tests with new employees along with getting a physical and repeated hearing tests every so many years to see if in fact the employees have had measurable hearing loss for the period of employment. Its nothing new.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope SPD gets a suppressor for every weapon they have. I hope they all have a dozen or so to choose from on any given day. I feel for any officer who suits up in that liberal cesspool and attempts to enforce the law for the population of that city. I hope the purchase of additional weapons and suppressors makes a few thousand liberal heads explode out there.

As for stats.... I read someone mentioning how unlikely it is that an officer will fire their handgun or their rifle on duty. I'd like to see some stats on that. I'd like to see how someone might go about attempting to gather accurate statistics seeing how a town Marshall in Slapyermomma Idaho is gonna count the same as an officer in Indianapolis, are they doing the same job? Not quite. Wanna guess how many officers in Indianapolis have fired their weapons on duty? I have a clue and it's a few more than a few. Three of us sat down and within 5 minutes came up with 75 names a few years back.

An officer's chances in Indy are far from minimal. I've been in a house with an AR15 being fired, I'm all for LE having suppressors on their rifles and that experience strengthened that opinion significantly.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    As for stats.... I read someone mentioning how unlikely it is that an officer will fire their handgun or their rifle on duty. I'd like to see some stats on that. I'd like to see how someone might go about attempting to gather accurate statistics seeing how a town Marshall in Slapyermomma Idaho is gonna count the same as an officer in Indianapolis, are they doing the same job? Not quite. Wanna guess how many officers in Indianapolis have fired their weapons on duty? I have a clue and it's a few more than a few. Three of us sat down and within 5 minutes came up with 75 names a few years back.

Lets say those numbers of 75 names are true, now out of how many hundreds of thousands of calls were these shots fired? How many were done on the street and how many were done by swat?
    One would think that the FBI and or The State Dept would have basic stats on LE discharging firearms. .

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lets say those numbers of 75 names are true, now out of how many hundreds of thousands of calls were these shots fired? How many were done on the street and how many were done by swat?
    One would think that the FBI and or The State Dept would have basic stats on LE discharging firearms. .

Well, one would think better of questioning someone's integrity who obviously knows a smidge more than you do about this **** but apparently we're both wrong in what one would think.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Many industries for decades have done baseline hearing tests with new employees along with getting a physical and repeated hearing tests every so many years to see if in fact the employees have had measurable hearing loss for the period of employment. Its nothing new.

You keep asking us so...

Please provide actual stats and links with information showing that police gunfire doesn't cause enough hearing damage to warrant effective & practical protection for the officers.

There are much better examples of unnecessary government spending to champion than this one. This is a low cost option for protecting both those that protect us and the general public.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom