• ...and so much more!
  • Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    you understand why right?

1. some SJW crap about her being a woman who can move on without her man, who is now dead.
    2. Pandering to Asian markets

Those are what come immediately to mind. Beyond that I haven't followed news about the movies much.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    you understand why right?

Because it's Disney and so far she's an overweight female Asian but they will end up making her a Lesbian, Tranny, Hermaphrodite or all of them for the next movie.
    That's all part of Disney's agenda. Trust me, I was with them for "The Change" years.

Walt has been rolling in his grave for years now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2a0SZpj.gif

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    u know that they said lando was "a lover of nonhumans" not sure what the term they used but basicly that he was tri. likes meb, cemales and droids

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I enjoyed this article and thought it made a lot of sense:

https://www.thewrap.com/solo-is-fai...ision-for-the-star-wars-franchise-commentary/

I haven't seen Solo yet, but I know my wife will drag me to see it sooner or later. I'm hoping for later. I would personally rather see it on Netflix or rent it from Redbox as I'm guessing I won't like it much.

I'm an old Star Wars fan and read a lot of the books that were written afterwards. While they weren't all great, there were some stellar series and I liked the overall direction and mythology. Disney tossing all of that cannon out the window was the first of what seems to be many mistakes. Too bad as I was looking forward to some great movies, but it doesn't look like that wish will come true.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Missed opportunity:

Have Solo get in a drunken fist fight with Boba Fett when he goes to meet Jabba. It would set up their background perfectly.

Oh wait, this is the new StarWars, we don’t do continuity here.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Saw this over the weekend. At the risk of being contrarian (which would surprise all of INGO, I'm sure), ;) I really liked Solo.

I mean, it isn't Rogue One, which was an exceptional war movie IMHO. This was a light caper movie. It wasn't intended to have grand themes of good and evil (although there were some of those), it was more a character study. For that, I liked it.

Glover is a great actor/entertainer, but I was actually underwhelmed a bit. I mean, the media had built him up so much, I had HIGH expectations. I wasn't disappointed, really, just not as impressed as I expected to be. I was entertained, though.

Had no idea they were going to CGI a young, attractive Maya Rudolph into the marauder role. I liked how "rebellion" was being referenced. I'll now have to watch the "first" 3 (story-chronology) to piece together that stuff again. I really hadn't paid that much attention to it the few times I've watched those. At that level, it has piqued my interest in those movies, which is no small feat.

Since I'm not up on the comics stuff, the presence of Darth Maul was initially cool, then WTF. Had to resort to some searching for that to make continuity sense. Kinda like that plot device. Same with the reference to Tattoine. That kinda turns into the place where Han puts down roots.

I'd actually like to see a sequel to this. Done properly, it could serve as a lighter line of movies, like what Marvel has achieved in the MCU.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    well all indications points to this being a flop. GOOD!
    most fans are skipping ep9 as well so that would be flop #2, even better.

disney is grumbling that it may have to step in and help kk with the star wars stuff. might be a little too late but we will see. guess disney is noticing the grumblings and with the 2020 date of starwars land opening they dont want any negative stuff hurting their new park.

Top Bottom