Please reply by conversation.

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    I can't bash these liars enough. They posted a crazy deal on 9mm (CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. 1000 rounds for $129.99). I ordered 2 from them, they confirmed the order, charges my account, then two days later send a brief email that says it was a error and they were cancelling the order. Oopsie we posted a fake deal to drive business to our website and sell crap memberships but never planned on honoring the deal. No coupon offered for the bait and switch and honestly I'm stuck watching my bank account to make sure they actually refund the money. Plus, as it was pointed out on Reddit, they now have all my info to sell. Never again. Sportsman's Guide has a history of this type of stuff, per other users on Reddit, even AE Ammo jumped in the comments and said it wasn't going to happen and guess what they were right. I know this is a longer rant but if some other company jumped on Reddit and offered a coupon to the actual customers swindled (screenshot of order), they'd probably make lifelong customers and drive a buttload of business to their site. Heck 10% off would probably be enough, throw in free shipping and BAM lifelong customers and interwebs good karma.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Never had an issue with SG. Many orders thru the years.

Also if the deal seems to good to be true it is. I get their emails and never seen that deal, but if i had i probably would of corresponded with them before even thinking about ordering, knowing something wasn't right.

I'm guessing an error in their marketing and should've been the price per 500 not 1k rounds

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Well the users of Reddit seem to think there's a pattern of them doing this. AE Ammo jumped in the comments to note how they've done this before. To me it's a bait and switch, especially when it continues to happen. I get your experience has been good but mine not so good. I understand you can make a mistake but that's not my problem, they should have honored the deal and took the loss. They could have even emailed everyone and said it was a mistake and that they were going to honor it for 1 case, heck I would have even been happy with a discount code, like Norma did last year. But we got nothing, some weren't even emailed, they went to Reddit and saw the comments and had to go check their order status.

No intended harshness to you but, IMO, this looks shady.

Attach is the "deal" that was posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927-204427.png
      Screenshot_20230927-204427.png
      211.5 KB · Views: 43

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Adding the print ad "mistake". Check out the bottom line. Crazy how they let a "mistake" slip through in a printed ad and online. Especially when the 500 rounds is a different price.
    Screenshot_20230927-211916~2.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe it was another INGOer that got taken for a ride like that, and even signed up with their paid membership for additional discounts on the order, and then was told that there would be no refund on the membership because they could use it for discounts later on other orders.

I dont recall the outcome.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Adding the print ad "mistake". Check out the bottom line. Crazy how they let a "mistake" slip through in a printed ad and online. Especially when the 500 rounds is a different price.
    View attachment 301980
    Don't disagree they should of at least honored the sale but I still would of inquired about it, before ordering, knowing that deal was waaaaay to good to be true.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ive used them a number of times over the last 30 years with no issues. Whatever someone says on Reddit has no meaning to me at all. OP how long ago did this happen and are they refusing to refund your order?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Someone else printed an obviously wrong price several years ago and caused panties to twist up. I forget who now, but it was reported here on the INGO.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I will say they have gotten worse. I used to really love their catalogs back in the 90s. When it swas the "fun to read" catalog. They always had really funny and descriptive writings about the products. Beilive that was when a guy named Gary something owned it. I still like their catalogs but they do set a price and change it quickly.

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Ive used them a number of times over the last 30 years with no issues. Whatever someone says on Reddit has no meaning to me at all. OP how long ago did this happen and are they refusing to refund your order?
    Ordered Monday morning, cancellation email Wednesday afternoon, account not refunded yet. Email stated 24-48 hours. But still monitoring my account to make sure it gets paid back and no micro transactions from outside the US start appearing.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can't bash these liars enough. They posted a crazy deal on 9mm (CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr. 1000 rounds for $129.99). I ordered 2 from them, they confirmed the order, charges my account, then two days later send a brief email that says it was a error and they were cancelling the order. Oopsie we posted a fake deal to drive business to our website and sell crap memberships but never planned on honoring the deal. No coupon offered for the bait and switch and honestly I'm stuck watching my bank account to make sure they actually refund the money. Plus, as it was pointed out on Reddit, they now have all my info to sell. Never again. Sportsman's Guide has a history of this type of stuff, per other users on Reddit, even AE Ammo jumped in the comments and said it wasn't going to happen and guess what they were right. I know this is a longer rant but if some other company jumped on Reddit and offered a coupon to the actual customers swindled (screenshot of order), they'd probably make lifelong customers and drive a buttload of business to their site. Heck 10% off would probably be enough, throw in free shipping and BAM lifelong customers and interwebs good karma.
    I've been ordering from Sportsman's Guide for years. Got guns, ammo, milsurp, and never had an issue except for a couple of things I returned because I didn't like them. I would probably chalk this up to an error on somebody's part. I don't think SG would deliberately set themself up for the huge hassles and bad blood this created.

And seriously. Did you really think you were going to get 1,000 rounds for less than the price of 500? You know it had to be a misprint.

Last edited:

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    I've been ordering from Sportsman's Guide for years. Got guns, ammo, milsurp, and never had an issue except for a couple of things I returned because I didn't like them. I would probably chalk this up to an error on somebody's part. I don't think SG would deliberately set themself up for the huge hassles and bad blood this created.
    I wish I had your faith in them but to run thousands of print ads and post it in multiple places on Reddit without ever looking at it sounds unlikely. I could partially believe a typo, like the 500 round price matching the "deal" but it didn't. And then to not offer anything to all the people who got scammed, I truly believe this was intentional. I'm glad some fellow INGO members haven't been scammed by them yet but for me it's one and done.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    12 cents per round? Please, we all know something is not right. We jump on it thinking we can get away with a mistake and when it’s caught, we complain. 12 cents for a 9mm round was years ago.

I would believe they would even win in court. Obvious error; on their part or their advertisers part.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Sportsmans Guide has been shady for a while. I do understand they made an error. But their decision not to offer anything to those who detrimentally relied on that ad is terrible. Honestly, they just honor the ad they placed, even if they lose money on it. But at a bare minimum, they should offer something substantial as an apology. Hopefully getting beaten up on reddit and gun forums will hurt their bottom line; we certainly know they care about nothing else. (Of course, this is true of all businesses.)

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Some kind of gesture is always nice but certainly not expected. Any business that makes an obvious error is not bound by the error. We see it quite often. You see add retractions all the time.

IF this was an error that was close to reality, I’d say go after them and see what can happen. This was an obvious mistake and to get angry with an obvious mistake is, IMO, a little over board.

When was the last time you bought 9mm for 12 cents per round?
    When was the last time you saw 9mm advertised for less than 24 cents per round?

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Some kind of gesture is always nice but certainly not expected. Any business that makes an obvious error is not bound by the error. We see it quite often. You see add retractions all the time.

IF this was an error that was close to reality, I’d say go after them and see what can happen. This was an obvious mistake and to get angry with an obvious mistake is, IMO, a little over board.

When was the last time you bought 9mm for 12 cents per round?
    When was the last time you saw 9mm advertised for less than 24 cents per round?
    1 error I agree, history of errors in a similar fashion, not a accident. Add in the push to drive membership purchase then deny refunding the membership (only offering to cancel future charges), bait and switch. Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's right or okay. Bought for 12 cents, it's been awhile but seen advertised below 24 cents per round happens daily. Losing out on the deal isn't what angers me, it's the dishonest practice. 2,000 rounds of 9mm isn't going to make or break my shooting career but finding honest dealers does. You have had good experiences with them, I have not.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I've bought from them a time or two in the past, but never signed up for their membership... it's not like their member price was "always the lowest" or even frequently enough to make sense for me. :dunno:

I'll echo the "obvious error" mantra here.

If you signed up for the membership specifically to get this deal (i.e. with the order), I'd insist on a refund of that also... and if they don't refund it, dispute it with your CC.

IMO, the "make it right" for SG would be to refund all of your money and "give" you 3 months of membership free to "give them another try".

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom