• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    1 error I agree, history of errors in a similar fashion, not a accident. Add in the push to drive membership purchase then deny refunding the membership (only offering to cancel future charges), bait and switch. Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's right or okay. Bought for 12 cents, it's been awhile but seen advertised below 24 cents per round happens daily. Losing out on the deal isn't what angers me, it's the dishonest practice. 2,000 rounds of 9mm isn't going to make or break my shooting career but finding honest dealers does. You have had good experiences with them, I have not.
    You claim they had a series of accidents in the past, then why did you order in the first place? If I know a company was questionable and was advertising ammo for 1/2 the price of everyone else…..I just might not order from them.

FYI, I have not ordered from them in over 5 years so I cannot question their practices.

Regardless, I do not plan on ordering from them anyway. Local is always best unless you can find deals with free shipping (and you can).

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    You claim they had a series of accidents in the past, then why did you order in the first place? If I know a company was questionable and was advertising ammo for 1/2 the price of everyone else…..I just might not order from them.

FYI, I have not ordered from them in over 5 years so I cannot question their practices.

Regardless, I do not plan on ordering from them anyway. Local is always best unless you can find deals with free shipping (and you can).
    I didn't know they're shady practices until I fell for it and since time travel isn't possible I have to learn from this. If you haven't ordered from them in 5 years why defend them? I'm genuinely interested and not being sarcastic?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I didn't know they're shady practices until I fell for it and since time travel isn't possible I have to learn from this. If you haven't ordered from them in 5 years why defend them? I'm genuinely interested and not being sarcastic?
    I’m not defending them. I just think sometimes mistakes are made, obvious mistakes. When people do not get the benefit of an obvious mistake, the results should be obvious; which is not benefiting from the mistake. BTW, I did not use them very much years ago. They were pretty slow; but never scammed me.

If one can truly provide proof/evidence that this is truly a thought out planned scam, then I think customers should go after them legally.

As for the membership, the additional discount between the posted price and member price was only $6.49 (or close). I’m not sure if the membership is required or additional benefits are given (like free shipping) but if not, then why get the membership anyway?

BTW, if you order allot of ammo, I like Targetsports USA. They give free shipping for any order case order (1000) without a membership. If you want free shipping all the time, they do have a membership price, I THINK it’s $95. Gives a small discount and free shipping on any size ammo order. It pays for itself if you order small orders frequently. I have never had a problem with them; they are a site supporter here. (NO - I AM NOT Affiliated with them, just love their availability and free shipping on my small orders).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    . I’m not sure if the membership is required or additional benefits are given (like free shipping) but if not, then why get the membership anyway?
    Free shipping over $49. 5% discount on all orders. Lots of coupon codes for double discount, $20 off $100, etc., but those usually don't include ammo. The 5% is on everything

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    They are certainly very shady. They got me this year with their bait, switch and cancel tactics. They love fleecing their customers. You’d think if it was in stock, added to your cart and paid up in full for you’d be fine, but that’s where you’d be wrong with these people and their ********.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Update. To be fair, my account was refunded for the cost of the purchase. Also, you can click the "Do Not Sell My Info" link at the bottom of the page to somewhat "protect" your data. This was self guided and no communication or direction from Sportsman's Guide.
    I wait with baited breath for your thread about the second worst thing that ever happened to you, that is unless it tops this one.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom