• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Pretty obvious that was a mistake. I would have ordered it too hoping the error didn't get noticed before it shipped, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go that way either.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    SOP for SG.

Another of their signature moves is to move your order to backorder status, relist the item(s) you purchased at a higher price, and then cancel your backorder. This happened a lot during covid and the biden Russian ammo ban. I had some Makarov ammo on backorder for 2+ years, only for it to get canceled.

They also like to claim you didn't click one of their absurd "confirm your backorder" emails, even after you've been burned by this claim on previous backorders, so you take timestamped photos of your "thanks for confirming!" messages after clicking the buttons. Even still, SG cancels your backorder. Ask me how I know.

The company used to be great when milsurp was seemingly endless. Today, with their different overlord leadership, I don't waste my time with SG. Too scummy for me.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Anyone who saw that would have known it was an error. You knew you were just trying to take advantage of a typo so you got what you deserved. I can’t be mad at SG even if it was intentional. Reminds me of that quote from Al Pacino in “Righteous Kill” about the infield fly rule.

pewpewINpewpew

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Fishers
    Watched the new Kentucky Ballistics YouTube video, "The Quietest 50 BMG Ever???", and he mentions a new table sponsorship. Guess who? Sportsman's Guide. After he goes about destroying quite a few tables the camera cuts to his phone with Sportsman's Guide calling. He obviously doesn't answer and they text him saying they changed their mind and weren't going to honor their sponsorship. Surprise, surprise, they can't even keep their word in a silly YouTube video.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom