• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just for the fun side of things, note the description of uses for the "Russian Springfield Military Rifle" ( or MOSIN) under the Krag.. Obviously the American Legion back then were a tough bunch of Hombres that did not tolerate fools in the organization..

Improper disposal of a flag used to carry a heavy price indeed!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Just when you thought you had enough Krag variations to worry about ... How about a 22 Krag trainer..???

To Sweet for words..

attachment.php

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=176655

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm pretty sure it's been cut down (at least that's what the Gunbroker description said). It does appear to have an original front sight though. The original rear sight was removed and it appears to have been longer than it would have been for a carbine (I think). If it was an original carbine then I got a lot better deal than I thought. Those darn things are pricey!

I had a sporter in here that had a for real carbine upper hand guard on it...One of my regulars bought it and sold the hand guard for half what he paid for the rifle...It was weird but it was NOT a carbine and that really WAS a carbine upper hand guard....

As Mike's Bannerman Catalog shows they was lots of funky things going on in the milsurp world back in the 1920's......

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Me???

No way!! If it ain't blue steel and walnut, I just don't get aroused...

LOL...No doggydaddy....I know you swing for the walnut and steel....

Doggydaddy just had a six month period of confusion....Mike and I were worried because he started saying "tactical" a lot and I saw him trying to duct tape a flashlight onto Carcano I had here in the shop....Mike held his arms and I put a cloth covered in cosmoline under his nose and he snapped out of it but it was touch and go for awhile...

If I get a Glock and know I can count on you all to do the same for me...:)

"Snap out of it Rick...Quick Mike, bring that Smith N frame with the stag grips....STAT!!!!!!"

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Somewhat interesting story. (brought to mind by the firing squad use). When my Father was a young man in Richfield Idaho, during deer season he and his brothers would borrow Krags from the local VFW to hunt. (with ammo) The way I understand the story my Great Uncle Jess would kill all the deer and the boys would tag them. Apparently, Uncle Jess was a deer killing machine.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Makes you wish you could go back and order some more doesn't it? :oldwise:

With the depression going on and the crops poor pap said we couldn't afford it....Once them danged revenue men busted our still I knew things from Bannerman would only be a dream for me...Like pap said, "Whut tha hale's wrong with ur grandpappy's flintlock?? Huh??? ya tryin' ta git abuv yore raisin' boy???"

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do not know which was worst, the fact he did it... Or how proud he was of his Frankenstein creation after he did it????? :(

I hated cramming that cosmoline rag up his snout but between the skin tight t shirt, full arm tattoos, and the Youtube star tactical face twitch going on I knew desperate times call for desperate measures......

I mean who gets full arm tattoos of the Village People????

And no doggydaddy that cowboy may have had Custer's mustache but he was NOT Custer.....And BBI wears a fedora, not a CHIPS helmet....:)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    With the depression going on and the crops poor pap said we couldn't afford it....Once them danged revenue men busted our still I knew things from Bannerman would only be a dream for me...Like pap said, "Whut tha hale's wrong with ur grandpappy's flintlock?? Huh??? ya tryin' ta git abuv yore raisin' boy???"
    ;) I got nothin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw him trying to duct tape a flashlight onto Carcano I had here in the shop....

/QUOTE]

I do not know which was worst, the fact he did it... Or how proud he was of his Frankenstein creation after he did it????? :(

I hated cramming that cosmoline rag up his snout but between the skin tight t shirt, full arm tattoos, and the Youtube star tactical face twitch going on I knew desperate times call for desperate measures......

I mean who gets full arm tattoos of the Village People????

And no doggydaddy that cowboy may have had Custer's mustache but he was NOT Custer.....And BBI wears a fedora, not a CHIPS helmet....:)

Hey, I don't have to take this abuse! Okay, maybe I do... but I don't have to like it! :): But all seriousness aside, you can make fun of my 6 month AR affair, but NEVER associate me with anything even remotely connected to disco. That's hitting below the belt man! And you know how I'm built. Almost any t shirt is gonna be tight. :(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Somewhat interesting story. (brought to mind by the firing squad use). When my Father was a young man in Richfield Idaho, during deer season he and his brothers would borrow Krags from the local VFW to hunt. (with ammo) The way I understand the story my Great Uncle Jess would kill all the deer and the boys would tag them. Apparently, Uncle Jess was a deer killing machine.

Apparently Krags are still popular out west among the elk hunting crowd from what I've read. (Presumably sporterized though)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey, I don't have to take this abuse! Okay, maybe I do... but I don't have to like it! :): But all seriousness aside, you can make fun of my 6 month AR affair, but NEVER associate me with anything even remotely connected to disco. That's hitting below the belt man!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (I had this album....I was 12...My brother was going through my old albums about 10 years ago and found it....He still rags me about it......)

[video=youtube;IgPgavmY99U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPgavmY99U[/video]

If Kut can admit to drinking Zima I can admit to this....:)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (I had this album....I was 12...My brother was going through my old albums about 10 years ago and found it....He still rags me about it......)

[video=youtube;IgPgavmY99U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPgavmY99U[/video]

If Kut can admit to drinking Zima I can admit to this....:)

Believe it or not, I wore my hair like yours is now back then. When I had hair. :): I also wore baggies and platform soles.

Top Bottom