• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I had no idea i was going to do this. We went up to Bass and Bucks in Wabash Friday. I was looking for a more concealable EDC, like a Bodyguard or a small single stack 9mm. While there, the guy behind the counter said "i don't know what your price range is, but this is one of my favorites." I saw the price tag and figured i'd better not get too interested. But it felt real good in my hand. Surprisingly, I was not getting the "look" from hubby. I knew it would be sweet to shoot, but it wasn't as concealable as i wanted. No worse than my Glock 26 though, which i then traded toward it to keep peace in the family! (kinda felt bad about the Glock, but guess i don't need it) The Springfield is a very sweet shooter, very mild recoil, and pretty darn accurate for me. I did have some problems with the slide not locking back after the last round fired. Hopefully that will work out on it's own, if not, I'll have to send it in. Hope not though. I think we're going to be great friends. :wwub:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Congrats. I think you did good. I've had a couple of Springfield 1911's of the 45acp variety and really enjoyed them. Have fun. :yesway:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I had a similar problem with a full-size Springfield. A Kimber mag would lock it back but not the stock ones. After I replaced the mag springs with some from Wolff it seemed to solve the issue...for me anyways.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Now you need to get yourself some Horned Lizard grips by Lazza...dress that sucker up!

http://davidsonknives.com/

And that little pistol is still one of the most accurate I've ever fired; at least my formerly-owned one was (in my hands)

-J-

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Now you need to get yourself some Horned Lizard grips by Lazza...dress that sucker up!

MonkeyGrips

And that little pistol is still one of the most accurate I've ever fired; at least my formerly-owned one was (in my hands)

-J-

Those are NICE! I kinda like the color of the Rosewood grips, but that texture on those Horned Lizards looks good too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Congrats on the new shooter!

For what it's worth, the slide failing to lock back on an empty magazine is not unusual for 9mm 1911-pattern pistols.

Here is my unsolicited opinion:

1. I don't think this is a problem. In fact, I'd rather have a gun that never locks open vs. one that has a tendency to lock open when rounds are still available.

2. The things you might do to fix this may induce other problems. If the gun functions well otherwise, I'd stay with it.

I had no idea i was going to do this. We went up to Bass and Bucks in Wabash Friday. I was looking for a more concealable EDC, like a Bodyguard or a small single stack 9mm. While there, the guy behind the counter said "i don't know what your price range is, but this is one of my favorites." I saw the price tag and figured i'd better not get too interested. But it felt real good in my hand. Surprisingly, I was not getting the "look" from hubby. I knew it would be sweet to shoot, but it wasn't as concealable as i wanted. No worse than my Glock 26 though, which i then traded toward it to keep peace in the family! (kinda felt bad about the Glock, but guess i don't need it) The Springfield is a very sweet shooter, very mild recoil, and pretty darn accurate for me. I did have some problems with the slide not locking back after the last round fired. Hopefully that will work out on it's own, if not, I'll have to send it in. Hope not though. I think we're going to be great friends. :wwub:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'll confess up front; I'm just a smidge OCD. Given what you paid for the EMP, it not only should lock open on that last round, it should play Yankee Doodle just let you know. Great pistol, though; way to go!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Ok. I'll be the bad guy and do what needs to be done...

:postpics:

There it is. So put em up.:D

For the record.. I have been drooling over one of those for some time.. it is on the wish list, and I will get it one day.... Probably by the end of the year.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Here's a review I posted last year of my wife's EMP.

For the record.. I have been drooling over one of those for some time.. it is on the wish list, and I will get it one day.... Probably by the end of the year.

Here you go: (Notice the frontstrap and triggerguard checkering from the SA Custom Shop)

EMP2001.jpg

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    A couple of pics:

picture.php

the 2nd pic is both of our new guns. My Springfield is the top one, and hubby's Kimber .45 is the other. They seem pretty similar. Ed was really hesitant to spend the money on the Kimber, but we traded in a couple of other guns. He loves the Kimber, we just got to shoot it last night.
    picture.php

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Went shooting last night. The Springfield slide locked back properly every time. We did shoot Remington 9mms last time, last night was Winchester. So that may be the answer, although we did give the gun another cleaning, too. It performed flawlessly, but I did not! I didn't hit near as well as i did last weekend. Could be just tired or not in the right frame of mind, after working all day. Husband was more worried about it than me. He kept watching me, and saying we need to adjust the sights. He didn't hit well with it either, but he did well with his .45. I don't want to go messing around with sights until i shoot some more. Very likely it's just me!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I knew this was coming- lol! pics are up! :draw:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    excellent choice....my wife really likes their feel too but we have just put off buying one....we both still really want it, but it's on our shopping list......she found an all steel Kahr that she LOVES and carries for now

Top Bottom