• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So far it seems to be 9 votes for the Ronin and 7 for the 97BD. This isn't helping much lol.

You've never had a 1911. A 1911 is the most iconic handgun ever made.

Everyone must own one at least once in their lifetime. (And a beretta 92 as well, to be honest)

If you could convince the boss to let you get an RIA 1911 and the CZ, that'd also be a good route!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I really like CZ pistols, but I'm not a fan of decker models. If I could find the 97 B in the picture for the same price as a Springfield 1911, I would take it, but if my choice was a BD I would go with the 1911.

I'm assuming you meant "decocker" - and I agree. My complaint is that the BD models have a more complex and fidgety trigger.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Personally I would pick the 97, my 75 is probably my favorite autoloader. If you don't have a DA/SA shoot one first to feel it out, some people hate it. Go with the 1911 if you want that crisp trigger. Tough call

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You've never had a 1911. A 1911 is the most iconic handgun ever made.

Everyone must own one at least once in their lifetime. (And a beretta 92 as well, to be honest)

If you could convince the boss to let you get an RIA 1911 and the CZ, that'd also be a good route!

Bingo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm assuming you meant "decocker" - and I agree. My complaint is that the BD models have a more complex and fidgety trigger.

Some of the "Fidgity" can be overcome with some parts/patience and knowledge.

CZ's are a bit rough out of the box. With time/rounds etc they tend to smooth out. With more time and rounds they get smoother.
    But even the smoothest stock as built can be improved upon. I have experienced it several times. And I have kept the best of the best ones I have owned.
    2 well turned out SP-01 Shadows (his and hers) and a 97 CopperHead.

But my real love is in the 1911 and its many variations. I can not seem to own enough of them......Go figure.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Getting in late in the game, but I will cast another vote for the Ronin. Picked one up from Rural King right before things got crazy and it looks good and shoots great. Can't go wrong with a 1911.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am a true 1911 fan you can do anything to them. I can’t but others do I just let Allen do mine.
    But I always fall down the rabbit hole that is what keeping me from the 97 b, I really want one but I would have to have someone like the wizard perform there magic on it.
    After buying 2 DW pointman this year I am going to have to wait for gun money to catch up to me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Guys in my search for the 45acp Ronin i ran across sold out/not in stock Ronin 10mm 1911's. I think if I find a Ronin in 10mm I'll definitely be going that direction.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Guys in my search for the 45acp Ronin i ran across sold out/not in stock Ronin 10mm 1911's. I think if I find a Ronin in 10mm I'll definitely be going that direction.
    Now the Ronin in 10mm is a big draw! That would be pretty sweet!

debruynda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2020
    Fishers
    I have two CZ 97's that have been customized by the GOAT, David Milam at Cajun Gunworks. For the price, they can't be beat. I also own custom 1911's, but the CZ's are the ones I usually go with.

Pop361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Dune Acres
    One vote for CZ here. I had a less than wonderful experience with a Springfield 1911 (LW Operator, full size). Lot of issues feeding reliably. Eventually all I could trust it to (mostly) cycle reliability was 230gr ball which doesn’t work for me. I would like to load up some HPs at times.
    Sold it and got a Dan Wesson several years later that has rejuvenated my love of 1911s so I know they can run like tops from the right manufacturer.
    I actually also currently have a 97bd. I absolutely LOVE- very soft recoil impulse, the stock trigger is not bad at all (not much stack, crisp break, pretty short reset). It can be run very quickly. I’ve never shot a cajunized one but if they’re that much better than stock I may have to.

I’ve probably put around 1000 rounds through the CZ of all manner of 45 not one single hiccup of any kind.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My question is where is the Ronin at in stock for that price? I will buy it tonight. Been looking and can't seem to find one in stock
    Can't find one for $750 I'll wait until it calms down and buy one. It won't make the Biden, Beto ban list. I may just buy the CZ 97BD or B if its available, then next year with the ban hammer in full swing get the Ronin 10mm.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    I’ve shot a friends 97 and it is a sweet gun. It is a tad bulky if you intend to carry it. I think I’d go for the 1911 just for the versatility and ease of getting mags and holsters. My friend ended up selling the 97 because it was such a pain to find holsters and magazines in stock.

Top Bottom