• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Has anyone had a chance to pick one of these up yet? How do they shoot? Do they feel like a 10/22 with a wide stock? Thanks!
    After a quick look see at SA website the photos don’t look like they have any similarities to my very old 10/22. That’s not to say the trigger or shooting capabilities might not be similar. But to my eyes they don’t look like they are comparable. Sorry I haven’t shot or handled the SA.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    After a quick look see at SA website the photos don’t look like they have any similarities to my very old 10/22. That’s not to say the trigger or shooting capabilities might not be similar. But to my eyes they don’t look like they are comparable. Sorry I haven’t shot or handled the SA.
    Thanks.The 10 round rotary mags are interchangeable between the two rifles which leads me to believe they would be shaped similarly on the bottom part of the stock. I'm going to try and get my hands on one this week.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is the high end model. There are several options that can be had starting out at just under $400
    Yeah, I just scrolled through the offerings and clicked a random link.
    Turned up a AA grade stock.
    Still, $800+ is a lot of money for a rimfires.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Thanks.The 10 round rotary mags are interchangeable between the two rifles which leads me to believe they would be shaped similarly on the bottom part of the stock. I'm going to try and get my hands on one this week.
    Well color me surprised. I only looked at the bolt and assumed it was a conventional mag. or a tube. Didn’t look further, didn’t realize they were rotary mag. Guess I’ll have to investigate a little further. Thanks.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Was kinda interested until I saw the price tag. Their basic model is made in Turkey, and you can get a Turkish made Winchester Xpert for a hundred less (the Xpert takes 10/22 mags as well).

I really want to like the recent bolt action offerings from SA, but it just seems like a lot of money for what it's producing.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    My first thought was "great another quality rimfire ".......my second thought was "wow, takes Remington 700 triggers ", my 3rd thought was "its a turd, a polished turd" to quote Springfield website on performance "

ACCURACY GUARANTEE​

Springfield Armory stands behind all Model 2020 Rimfire rifles and promises rock solid performance with a three-shot accuracy guarantee. Every configuration is guaranteed to shoot 1” or less at 50 yards with quality match-grade factory ammunition, in the hands of a skilled shooter."

Your guaranteeing me a rifle that "in the hands of a skilled shooter " will be lucky to hit a beer can......unacceptable......

Top Bottom