• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My first thought was "great another quality rimfire ".......my second thought was "wow, takes Remington 700 triggers ", my 3rd thought was "its a turd, a polished turd" to quote Springfield website on performance "

ACCURACY GUARANTEE​

Springfield Armory stands behind all Model 2020 Rimfire rifles and promises rock solid performance with a three-shot accuracy guarantee. Every configuration is guaranteed to shoot 1” or less at 50 yards with quality match-grade factory ammunition, in the hands of a skilled shooter."

Your guaranteeing me a rifle that "in the hands of a skilled shooter " will be lucky to hit a beer can......unacceptable......
    Beer lives matter!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    To the OP thanks for the link. I will have to look in to these.
    I picked up a finger groove 10/22 a while back. I get it; but don’t fully understand the hype.

A good shooting FG is a nice rig. Unfortunately not all shoot well.

For a decent looking and shooting .22rf I think the CZ bolt action stuff is proly the safest bet, if not wanting to take the leap into that other stuff.

Saw a Weatherby/Anschutz used. Already sold. $1500. Ouch.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My first thought was "great another quality rimfire ".......my second thought was "wow, takes Remington 700 triggers ", my 3rd thought was "its a turd, a polished turd" to quote Springfield website on performance "

ACCURACY GUARANTEE​

Springfield Armory stands behind all Model 2020 Rimfire rifles and promises rock solid performance with a three-shot accuracy guarantee. Every configuration is guaranteed to shoot 1” or less at 50 yards with quality match-grade factory ammunition, in the hands of a skilled shooter."

Your guaranteeing me a rifle that "in the hands of a skilled shooter " will be lucky to hit a beer can......unacceptable......
    I looked at them for a brief minute or two. Seen the same accuracy why not 1" at 100yds. My factory 10/22 will shoot less than 0.7" 10 shot groups at 50yds with Eley force.

I'm not paying 350-380 for their cheaper rifle made in Turkey. I'll go with Ruger or Savage first.

My next 22lr bolt action is going to be the Ruger american rimfire 18" barrel, or Savage FV-SR maybe both.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I looked at them for a brief minute or two. Seen the same accuracy why not 1" at 100yds. My factory 10/22 will shoot less than 0.7" 10 shot groups at 50yds with Eley force.

I'm not paying 350-380 for their cheaper rifle made in Turkey. I'll go with Ruger or Savage first.

My next 22lr bolt action is going to be the Ruger american rimfire 18" barrel, or Savage FV-SR maybe both.
    Savage is (generally) a solid bet, I have a very low opinion of Ruger

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yes, that accuracy guarantee is a joke. However, the one .22Plinkster videoed shot better than that. Still, no reason to spend close to $1,000 on this Springfield when you can get a Bergara for that.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have the Savage MKII TR w a 6-18X Leupold Freedom on it.
    Haven't put 100 rounds through it yet.
    Its ugly and the Boyds stock isn't the best.
    But w Fiocchi HV it did sub .5 at 50 yards for 5 shots after about 25 or so rounds down the tube..

As mentioned before in another thread, I don't need a .22rf.....and am kicking myself for buying this one. Id have been better off w a higher quality sporter. The Springfield takes flush 10 shot mags, thats good. However, the accuracy guarantee......aint good enough for me to plop 800 or more for a pretty one.

I'll take a CZ 457 in wood, or dump a lot more and get an Anschutz of some sort.

Maybe Springfield will lean on their maker and accuracy will be better.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I have the Savage MKII TR w a 6-18X Leupold Freedom on it.
    Haven't put 100 rounds through it yet.
    Its ugly and the Boyds stock isn't the best.
    But w Fiocchi HV it did sub .5 at 50 yards for 5 shots after about 25 or so rounds down the tube..

As mentioned before in another thread, I don't need a .22rf.....and am kicking myself for buying this one. Id have been better off w a higher quality sporter. The Springfield takes flush 10 shot mags, thats good. However, the accuracy guarantee......aint good enough for me to plop 800 or more for a pretty one.

I'll take a CZ 457 in wood, or dump a lot more and get an Anschutz of some sort.

Maybe Springfield will lean on their maker and accuracy will be better.
    Anschutz! Or shootz again till you hit the target

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Looking at the Weatherby model.
    Shoulda bought one when they were first introduced (and cheaper) LOL

But a CZ would be good enough.
    Really like my 457 in .22 mag
    The wood is bland though.

I get it, folks wanting a nicer looking .22rf, something to pass down.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I finally got out yesterday with the 2020 RF. I put a Vortex Crossfire II 6x18-44 on it that was a refurbished one from AA Optics, if you haven't used AA before I recommend them, really fast shipping too. I added a Harris BR bipod and picked up some Eley Target ammo to try it out. So far i'm very happy with it, I got it sighted in at 25M very quickly and then played around a bit. This was my last group of the day but was pretty representative of how it was shooting, even with the left side flyer it measured .341. This group was with 6 shots so it was very consistent performance. This was just using my bipod and shoulder for stability which wasn't that good, i'll take my rest next time and try to get that even tighter.

1ykXcu8l.jpg

1IysTCHm.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I finally got out yesterday with the 2020 RF. I put a Vortex Crossfire II 6x18-44 on it that was a refurbished one from AA Optics, if you haven't used AA before I recommend them, really fast shipping too. I added a Harris BR bipod and picked up some Eley Target ammo to try it out. So far i'm very happy with it, I got it sighted in at 25M very quickly and then played around a bit. This was my last group of the day but was pretty representative of how it was shooting, even with the left side flyer it measured .341. This group was with 6 shots so it was very consistent performance. This was just using my bipod and shoulder for stability which wasn't that good, i'll take my rest next time and try to get that even tighter.

1ykXcu8l.jpg

1IysTCHm.jpg
    Looks like this Turkish made rife is a decent shooter.

Top Bottom