• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, just a small thought here....
    We're all in this together for our gun rights.
    This in-fighting and abandoning a business over a bad PR problem (this is what it seems to be) is just a smack in our face. Self induced at that.
    We'd better band together and figure this all out.
    The solidarity needed to solidify our rights is a must. The fighting between ourselves only helps those looking to strip us of our God given Constitutional Rights.
    It's time Springfield Armory and other manufacturers use their leverage via jobs, taxes, that the Govt representatives tout come election time.
    Put the pressure on the representatives in any way possible.
    IF Springfield and other manufacturers wish to show their true feelings then maybe they should follow Magpul and others in standing up to the pukes wanting all the power.

Well said Harry.
    Illinois being in such deep financial troubles could not stand to loose much more tax revenue.
    I have been thinking of those employed at SA. This is hurtful but I believe we as a purchasing group needed to send the suits a strong message. Stop ****ing around. Just stop it.
    Rock island is just a blip on the radar. Yes they employee people but what do they actually make. I have had a series of issues with them to the point they were crossed off the list before this ever came down.

Yes, we need to stand united. Make our numbers known.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have to agree with others, someone at Springfield took a look at their bottom line and said "oh sh*t", then the apology follows.
    It's unfortunate for the employees of Springfield, ultimately they will be the ones that pay the price for the "sins of the father".
    The owners and executives are "insulated" if things really start to fall apart.

It seems to be the way with corporate America to always screw the working man, when there are usually plenty of people in mid level management that are usually useless.
    Didn't mean to somewhat thread jack, it will take years for Springfield to recover from this, if I have learned nothing else in my 51 years on the planet, gun owners rarely forget when they have been screwed over.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have to agree with others, someone at Springfield took a look at their bottom line and said "oh sh*t", then the apology follows.
    It's unfortunate for the employees of Springfield, ultimately they will be the ones that pay the price for the "sins of the father".
    The owners and executives are "insulated" if things really start to fall apart.

It seems to be the way with corporate America to always screw the working man, when there are usually plenty of people in mid level management that are usually useless.
    Didn't mean to somewhat thread jack, it will take years for Springfield to recover from this, if I have learned nothing else in my 51 years on the planet, gun owners rarely forget when they have been screwed over.

I'm not so sure about this.
    There's not a lot of loyalty in this world.
    LGS get hosed by online purchases and then the online buyer seems to think the LGS should kiss his/her ------ (Fill in the blank as deemed appropriate) to help 'em out with an online problem. The loyalty always lies within the mighty buck. Springfield initially forgot about where that buck comes from. They've apparently been reminded.
    In the long run and scheme of things... This MIGHT just turn out to be a good thing and a lesson for other manufacturers to stand their ground.
    IF NOT..... then **** them.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm not so sure about this.
    There's not a lot of loyalty in this world.
    LGS get hosed by online purchases and then the online buyer seems to think the LGS should kiss his/her ------ (Fill in the blank as deemed appropriate) to help 'em out with an online problem. The loyalty always lies within the mighty buck. Springfield initially forgot about where that buck comes from. They've apparently been reminded.
    In the long run and scheme of things... This MIGHT just turn out to be a good thing and a lesson for other manufacturers to stand their ground.
    IF NOT..... then **** them.

Good point, lets hope that I am wrong. I would hate to see hard working men and women lose their jobs over this bad decision.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Boys and Girls.... I don't expect much from a gun company in Illinois, NY, California, New Jersey, Mass, etc.
    They chose long ago to set up shop in these places.
    Ugly is as ugly does.
    They can always move out of Illinois to really let people know what their feelings really are.
    I'm sure Illinois doesn't care though as long as people keep punching the party line tickets. Most don't give a .... who they vote for as long as it's a "D" or "R" they support up and down the board. "My mama and daddy voted for .............." so that's why I vote for the .......... party.

I don't know if this is relevant, or not .....

Several years ago, there was an AR-15 Mfg., in Il.,

The politicians, were talking gun control, and the mfg.,

went to Springfield, and told them to shut up, about

gun control, or they would move their business,

and take their jobs, and tax money with them .....

So they shut up ..... for a while anyway .....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't know if this is relevant, or not .....

Several years ago, there was an AR-15 Mfg., in Il.,

The politicians, were talking gun control, and the mfg.,

went to Springfield, and told them to shut up, about

gun control, or they would move their business,

and take their jobs, and tax money with them .....

So they shut up ..... for a while anyway .....

Armalite??

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Well said Harry.
    Illinois being in such deep financial troubles could not stand to loose much more tax revenue.
    I have been thinking of those employed at SA. This is hurtful but I believe we as a purchasing group needed to send the suits a strong message. Stop ****ing around. Just stop it.
    Rock island is just a blip on the radar. Yes they employee people but what do they actually make. I have had a series of issues with them to the point they were crossed off the list before this ever came down.

Yes, we need to stand united. Make our numbers known.

Not to nitpick, but it was Rock River that was part of the Illinois dustup, not Rock Island.

Armscor_Blog_May_WeAreRIA-1.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I looked at his body language and all i picked up was he was annoyed and angry that he had to apologize to the peasants and also that the boycot campaign was working because he sees his dream boat floating away. I'm sure he has genuine relationships that have been hurt over this and that talking about his childhood tears him up. Who doesn't it honestly? good or bad.
    I think his apology is fake. He can move out of illinois and I'll believe him. There's states like Indiana that would make it worth his effort. Illinois needs hit in the pocketbook as hard as possible but there's still people that are 2A supporters that are in denial and think they will win their rights back, uh no you won't sorry.

For those who already own rock river and Springfield guns, keep them. That money went to them a long time ago and by keeping them you aren't supporting them. For those looking to buy brand new, dont. Or do. Your choice who you support.

also instead of just a straight up apology video they went full on political ad propoganda video.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I looked at his body language and all i picked up was he was annoyed and angry that he had to apologize to the peasants and also that the boycot campaign was working because he sees his dream boat floating away. I'm sure he has genuine relationships that have been hurt over this and that talking about his childhood tears him up. Who doesn't it honestly? good or bad.
    I think his apology is fake. He can move out of illinois and I'll believe him. There's states like Indiana that would make it worth his effort. Illinois needs hit in the pocketbook as hard as possible but there's still people that are 2A supporters that are in denial and think they will win their rights back, uh no you won't sorry.

For those who already own rock river and Springfield guns, keep them. That money went to them a long time ago and by keeping them you aren't supporting them. For those looking to buy brand new, dont. Or do. Your choice who you support.

also instead of just a straight up apology video they went full on political ad propoganda video.

If you like the product buy used.
    Yes this effects those loyal employees but how else to make a statement.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Unless, I'm thoroughly mistaken, SA doesn't MANUFACTURE anything in America, anyhoo. So, aside from warehouse and shipping personnel, there aren't very many WORKING people at SA who are being hurt by this. Stick to your guns. Make an example of Dennis the Menace.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Unless, I'm thoroughly mistaken, SA doesn't MANUFACTURE anything in America, anyhoo. So, aside from warehouse and shipping personnel, there aren't very many WORKING people at SA who are being hurt by this. Stick to your guns. Make an example of Dennis the Menace.

I'm pretty sure their long guns and most of the their 1911s are made in the US.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Explain to me how hurting an American company that didn't do enough to help gun rights and supporting foreign companies from places that already have no gun rights, who themselves have done nothing for USA gun rights, is a solution to a problem? I cannot make that formula balance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Explain to me how hurting an American company that didn't do enough to help gun rights and supporting foreign companies from places that already have no gun rights, who themselves have done nothing for USA gun rights, is a solution to a problem? I cannot make that formula balance.
    That is always a question, is it better to buy a product from an "American" company that makes most of their products overseas, or buy from a "foreign" company that has its products made in the USA?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is always a question, is it better to buy a product from an "American" company that makes most of their products overseas, or buy from a "foreign" company that has its products made in the USA?

I bounce that question against which company would be of more help in the time of war. Part of why we won WWII is American companies produced more tools and supplies than the Germans could make bombs to destroy. That is why I am so upset when the politicians give military contracts to places like China and France. It something happens, the supplies, parts, equipment etc. will not be available.

In a bigger context, that is why I am so supportive of US manufacturing. Juke box and typewritter companies were able to retool and make firearms, and toy stamping plants were able to make canteens, while textile mills made backpacks. Tire plants simply changed the molds. You cannot retool machines that are not in the country.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom