Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'd like to give it a try. I think that I would really enjoy a full-size with the same features.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    but, in all honesty, are there any other major players producing something similar? the single stack hammer fired DA/SA is few and far between, add light weight poly frame and the group shrinks even more. I dont think it's a bad idea.

That's the point. Is there really a need in general? What can it do that a smaller poly striker fired can't other than provide an external hammer?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Meh..

Was there actually a need for this?

Entering into a market already dominated by the G42/43, S&W Shield, and it's own XDs, with the only justification being that some people prefer external hammers and manual safeties. Hardly seems as revolutionary as they made it sound.

I think it's about as revolutionary as it's gonna get in the handgun market. Everything else has been done to death, but unless I am mistaken, I don't think there is another poly frame single stack hammer fired pistol on the market. Unless someone comes up with a way to cancel recoil and give us an 8 shot pocket .44 magnum, or we get directed energy weapons, I think variations on a theme is about all we can hope for from here on out.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    That's the point. Is there really a need in general? What can it do that a smaller poly striker fired can't other than provide an external hammer?

Just because something doesn't exist doesn't mean it's not wanted. was the G43 necessary? it didn't bring anything new to the table. the Shield and XDs already had the single stack striker fired market covered. I bet there are enough people interested in a hammer fired single stack that this will sell relatively well, at least in the beginning.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    How is no one excited about this? The trigger is probably excellent. Uses xds sites. Is one inch wide and has 9+1 capacity?
    Do we have a price point yet?
    On the side its clearly printed 3.3. Can i expect a 4.0 model soon?
    You all want something crazy innovative but whats that even mean? Do you want a tiny little led display on the grip that tells you how much ammo you have left/round count? The next step might be the digitilization of guns and i dont think we want that. I wont even own a car with on-star.
    I originally ragged on springfield but ill take it back now, this isnt just another ar-15 or 1911 or beretta apx.
    This amateur gun enthusiast gives two thumbs up!

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    How is no one excited about this? The trigger is probably excellent. Uses xds sites. Is one inch wide and has 9+1 capacity?
    Do we have a price point yet?
    On the side its clearly printed 3.3. Can i expect a 4.0 model soon?
    You all want something crazy innovative but whats that even mean? Do you want a tiny little led display on the grip that tells you how much ammo you have left/round count? The next step might be the digitilization of guns and i dont think we want that. I wont even own a car with on-star.
    I originally ragged on springfield but ill take it back now, this isnt just another ar-15 or 1911 or beretta apx.
    This amateur gun enthusiast gives two thumbs up!

i believe retail is $515, so $450 in shops

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm intrigued by it, maybe not so much for myself but my better half and my sister. If the slide really is 20+% easier to manipulate, both of them would enjoy it more. That may be a selling point all on it own for specific groups of people.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just because something doesn't exist doesn't mean it's not wanted. was the G43 necessary? it didn't bring anything new to the table. the Shield and XDs already had the single stack striker fired market covered. I bet there are enough people interested in a hammer fired single stack that this will sell relatively well, at least in the beginning.

I have a Shield and a G42, so I don't really need another short barrel single stack. But I might take a look if they release a 4.0 in .45 ACP. I do love that it has no grip safety. I am less than thrilled that Springfield thinks that I don't know where to grip the gun, hence the "Grip Zone" marking. At least they don't stamp "Bullet Zone" on the end of the slide.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Springfield and Rock Island Arms paid $50,000 each to fund an anti-gun bill in Illinois in exchange for being exempt from the licensing requirements of the bill.

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170313/illinois-committees-to-hear-anti-gun-bills-tomorrow

Their FB page is getting blown up with one star reviews and people are commenting about it on all the live videos they are doing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Springfield and Rock Island Arms paid $50,000 each to fund an anti-gun bill in Illinois in exchange for being exempt from the licensing requirements of the bill.

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170313/illinois-committees-to-hear-anti-gun-bills-tomorrow
    It is always disturbing when we get sold out by people that make their money off of us. But I am sure many will defend, ignore or even support their collaboration.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is always disturbing when we get sold out by people that make their money off of us. But I am sure many will defend, ignore or even support their collaboration.

[url]https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170313/illinois-committees-to-hear-anti-gun-bills-tomorrow

[/URL]

Right as usual, Expat. But we're still mad at CTD tough, right?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Their FB page is getting blown up with one star reviews and people are commenting about it on all the live videos they are doing.

I was very interested in it- even willing to be an early adopter. Then I read that they really stepped on their d$ick and stabbed their own dealers and owners in IL in the back. NFW now. I'm sorry, did they learn nothing from S&W and Bill Rugers stupidity.

For goodness sake. Get your head out you're being oxygen deprived. I wonder what the CEO is thinking now. :noway:

Wow- their FB page is burning up. CEO really showed his true colors.

:ingo:

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Right as usual, Expat. But we're still mad at CTD tough, right?

I have not bought anything from CTD since Sandy Hook. Plus I convince others not make purchases. I have forgiven Smith & Wesson, they are under new ownership. I have forgiven Ruger, that was in the past. I will one day forgive CTD.

Springfield is off my list for now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ugh....just read about their betrayal in Illinois. I don't have any Springfields in my safe, and it looks like that isn't going to change.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I was very interested in it- even willing to be an early adopter. Then I read that they really stepped on their d$ick and stabbed their own dealers and owners in IL in the back. NFW now. I'm sorry, did they learn nothing from S&W and Bill Rugers stupidity.

For goodness sake. Get your head out you're being oxygen deprived. I wonder what the CEO is thinking now. :noway:

Wow- their FB page is burning up. CEO really showed his true colors.

:ingo:

They have currently resorted to hiding there review page it looks like.

Top Bottom