• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I just read about the betrayal as well. If I were Springfield Armory or Rock River, I would move to a more gun friendly state........Like Magpul and Daniel Defense did.
    Also as a consumer, to me it is like all the auto makers that took the Govt. "bail-out", all of them except for Ford. GM realized their mistake and paid it back quickly, but it was too late for them as well. I will not buy any American vehicle from now on unless it is a Ford.
    It irritates me to no end, when a company jumps in bed with a Govt. that routinely screws it's voter base. I did learn from INGO to "vote with my wallet", and let's hope that it is effective to businesses and manufactures. That they will take notice if enough people quit supporting them.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just read about the betrayal as well. If I were Springfield Armory or Rock River, I would move to a more gun friendly state........Like Magpul and Daniel Defense did.
    Also as a consumer, to me it is like all the auto makers that took the Govt. "bail-out", all of them except for Ford. GM realized their mistake and paid it back quickly, but it was too late for them as well. I will not buy any American vehicle from now on unless it is a Ford.
    It irritates me to no end, when a company jumps in bed with a Govt. that routinely screws it's voter base. I did learn from INGO to "vote with my wallet", and let's hope that it is effective to businesses and manufactures. That they will take notice if enough people quit supporting them.

I tried a Ford after that and did not like it. Went back to a GMC.

I was not, nor will I ever likely be, in the market for anything made by Springfield Armory or Rock River. If I were, however, they would be off my list.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Was a fan of SA till I read how they and rock sold put not surprise just disappointed why stay there in Illinois? Put that's what they want to do it's there business. But to screw others for there gain is low, so no more Springfield for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are so many used SA/Rock offerings floating around out there. To buy one of them in no way benefits the company that made them. They have long since moved on with the profit made.
    I will continue to use the SA offerings as platforms for my builds as they are solid. Buying them used is to my advantage.

Not going to buy new anymore for obvious reasons but I will not set myself back if there is an alternative avenue.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Likewise, the new EMP 4 9mm Carry Contour is off my list now. Too bad, as I've been a Springer fan for many moons, they make a good product. I wish they would have joined forces with RR to fight this legislation instead... maybe threatened to move across the river into Iowa, or better yet, here to Indiana.

I still hold the IL voters in contempt for creating this kind of political atmosphere to begin with, but dangit, Springer didn't have to play into it. Really bad timing ahead of the NRA convention too. What a different tune we'd all be whistling if both companies had stood firm for the 2A.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

One of the reasons I went with Form in 2014 when I purchased a new car. Been a complete POS and a lemon and Ford won't do anything about it. Should have went with a Honda

Back to the gun companies though. It's not the first time a gun company screwed over the American people.

Been looking at a CZ Rami BD for a new carry gun then the XDE comes along and looks semi promising.....then this happens.....guess I'll start getting ready for a CZ

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Likewise, the new EMP 4 9mm Carry Contour is off my list now. Too bad, as I've been a Springer fan for many moons, they make a good product. I wish they would have joined forces with RR to fight this legislation instead... maybe threatened to move across the river into Iowa, or better yet, here to Indiana.

I still hold the IL voters in contempt for creating this kind of political atmosphere to begin with, but dangit, Springer didn't have to play into it. Really bad timing ahead of the NRA convention too. What a different tune we'd all be whistling if both companies had stood firm for the 2A.
    There are a lot of people in Illinois that do not vote that way, but they have to contend with Chicago. They deserve our pity and more so our support.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    There are a lot of people in Illinois that do not vote that way, but they have to contend with Chicago. They deserve our pity and more so our support.
    My wife's uncle, who has the family farm in Genoa, is pretty straight-up that Chicago screws it up for the rest of the state, and wishes Cook County was its own city-state. The rural areas are hard pressed to ever be able to outvote densely populated Chicago. I have work friends in MI who feel very much the same way about Detroit, that it should have a wall built around it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, some live thing popped up in my feed. It is like shark feeding frenzy.

It should be. These people think they are above all of this. Hold them accountable.

I have put so many folks in SA's that people were sure I was on commission with them. Hell I never even got a Ham at Christmas. I did it because I believed in the product.
    Those days are done.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sad days for a company that so many of us love and enjoy products from, sad indeed. I quit using RRA parts years ago because they don't blend with mil spec pieces but blah for them too.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I did it because I believed in the product.
    Those days are done.
    I still believe they make a great product, they just made a really bad judgement on this one. I can't imagine they aren't fully aware of the backlash and bad press they're getting right now. Let's see what they do to right their ship. I'm as disappointed as anyone else in this thread, but I don't want them to go under... I want to see them learn from this, and fully recommit themselves to their fans and the 2A.

Top Bottom