• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    2.5 years of work to get "A real different product." I'm not sure how different it's going to be, but I'm hoping it will be good.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Springfield is supposed to be releasing a polymer 10mm in 2017 with a 10mm 1911 someday down the road. Could this teaser video be our first look at it?

Here is the video where Springfield discusses the 10mm:
    [video]https://youtu.be/bGUTrnfJOzM[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    142fzev.jpg

Freeze-frame screen shot from the teaser video.
    If it doesn't have a grip safety, I may take a look. Otherwise, they can keep it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Here it is. DA/SA single stack with a safety/decocker.

Springfield Armory | XD-E? Announcement

Besides the "hammer in the toolbox" and touting the hammer as redesigned annoying slogans.....I'm halfway excited for it

Sig P6s and P239s are kinda large single stack hammer guns and besides that there's no other hammer single stack guns on the market I can think of and I love the top position safety and the bottom position decock.

Been thinking about changing and getting a CZ RAMI BD for a carry gun but this thing interests me a bit "(can't believe I would actually be saying that when I say the teaser advertisement).

Just not a huge polymer person and the grip zone on the side is kinda ghey

Why couldn't FN have did this instead?

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Nice post, and not bad looking, especially if they come out with a bitone version. Kind of a crowded market with the Shield, G43, and Ruger LC9S. I wonder... will Springfield be phasing out the XD-S? Love that it's hammer-fired, and no grip safety!

I don't think the xds will go anywhere. I also like that they go rid of the grip safety but wish it was decocker only.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I went into this wishing for a look at the 10mm. I'm not disappointed because I really like the looks of the Xd-E. My first handgun was in 2009 and I purchased a XDm 9mm. As I practiced with my XDm, I came to view the large, blocky size of it as a negative. When Springfield came out with the XDs, I was excited to hold one. I came away from that experience hating the thin, XDm-like grip. So, to this day I don't own a compact because every one I have held I either didn't like how the grip felt, it wasn't sleek enough, or that it wasn't DA/SA. It looks like Springfield may have addressed my concerns with this new model so I am eager to check it out.

[video=youtube_share;SsMRHBXD5U0]http://youtu.be/SsMRHBXD5U0[/video]

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Not a bad looking pistol. I don't care one way or the other about the grip safety, but I'm glad they took the worthless extra lever off the trigger.

We'd be making real progress if they took "grip zone" off the grip zone. I have dozens of firearms, and have never forgotten where my hand goes, even when it's not labelled.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The grip zone is dumb. Ill use some sort of grip sleeve anyway.
    How does one order a brand new, new, gun?

Either go to your FFL and pay what he wants to charge you if he can get his hands on one, or go on gunbroker and get in a bidding war until you're paying more than MSRP, plus shipping, plus your transfer FFL fees.

Or be patient and wait for supply to catch up with demand and the price to come down.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Either go to your FFL and pay what he wants to charge you if he can get his hands on one, or go on gunbroker and get in a bidding war until you're paying more than MSRP, plus shipping, plus your transfer FFL fees.

Or be patient and wait for supply to catch up with demand and the price to come down.

Nah, one thing about Springfield, when they release a gun, they are ready to sell on store shelves. They rarely have supply issues. They are one of the best making sure there is stock. Should be no reason someone would have to pay more than list price.

Also, with the current market being down, gun manufacturers can't give them away. Reference the S&W Shields going for $225 after rebates.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Not a bad looking pistol. I don't care one way or the other about the grip safety, but I'm glad they took the worthless extra lever off the trigger.

We'd be making real progress if they took "grip zone" off the grip zone. I have dozens of firearms, and have never forgotten where my hand goes, even when it's not labelled.

What is the deal with that? The XD mod.2 has this as well. I think it's an embarrassing joke. Where's the trigger zone or maybe the "sight zone?"

Talk about "overmarketing."

Top Bottom