• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    "Proof of Citizenship" requirement is either a Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization or a US passport. :xmad: ....and Affiliated Club Membership card must have an expiration date. :xmad:

Don't ask how I know. Although Northern Ohio and the Lake Erie area are a nice drive though. And Camp Perry was nice to visit. Take a drool towel.

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    Is this meant to be purple? Shouldn't it end with I'll take it off your hands for $700.
    Yes, a 6mil Garand is very desirable and unusual regardless if it's a N/M or not.
    I highly suggest you send in a request to the CMP, I think it's $75. Well worth the money to find out if they sold it and what grade it is, paperwork could easily triple the value.

What I meant to say was the NM barrrel does not increase the value over any other 6 mil garand.
    Its $25 not $75 for CMP to do a serial search to see if they sold it.
    CMP paperwork triple the value??? How many you want to buy, I'll sell you mine
    CMP just sold a bunch of 6 mils, I beleive the price was $1250 shipped

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    What I meant to say was the NM barrrel does not increase the value over any other 6 mil garand.
    Its $25 not $75 for CMP to do a serial search to see if they sold it.
    CMP paperwork triple the value??? How many you want to buy, I'll sell you mine
    CMP just sold a bunch of 6 mils, I beleive the price was $1250 shipped

There are several grades of rifles sold by the CMP over the years, not to mention the DCM. So yeah, documentation is everything, a collector grade rifle can easily bring triple a rack grade. Not trying to be a smart butt, do I really have to explain this.

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    DCM never had a grading system, it started with CMP. I understand how the grading system works. The OP's rifle cant be a collector or correct grade as the only NM part is the barrel

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    If you're looking for ammo for your rifle, check out SGAmmo ... 30-06 Springfield Cartridge | SGAmmo.com

The Prvi Partizan and Sellier & Belliot ammo are both better quality than the HXP surplus currently available from the CMP, and cheaper too!

If the Danish surplus (AMA head stamp) comes back into stock, buy all you can. That stuff is simply awesome in an M1.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    DCM never had a grading system, it started with CMP. I understand how the grading system works. The OP's rifle cant be a collector or correct grade as the only NM part is the barrel

A DCM rifle could grade as a National Match. yes they did have a grading system. As for the history of and what grade the OP's rifle really is, I have no idea and I'm 100% sure you don't either. Here's a thought, why not send the serial number to CMP and find out.

Last edited:

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    DCM didnt have a grading system, you got what they sent you and often took up to a year. Some would get a rifle that was like new the next guy a very worn rifle, both paid the same price
    From your posts I dont think you have a grasp on the grades and what they mean

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    DCM didnt have a grading system, you got what they sent you and often took up to a year. Some would get a rifle that was like new the next guy a very worn rifle, both paid the same price
    From your posts I dont think you have a grasp on the grades and what they mean

Every Authentic N/M is a DCM rifle

Last edited:

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    OK guys its very simple. If the only part on the rifle that is NM is the barrel it is no longer a NM rifle, if it ever was. You can wish and hope all day but facts are facts
    The bolt drawing number means nothing
    For a 6 mil NM the stock may or may not be bedded, gas cylinder stamped NM rear sight stamped NM , front sight stamped NM

Last edited:

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I know I'm new at this but all those NM markings are on the type 2 . mine , if I'm reading the facts correctly , is a type 1 . all this as per the american rifleman . -Barrel: Marked “T” (targeted); “P” (proofed); “SA F6535448” (drawing number); Month and year of barrel production; Heat lot code, “m” (magnetic particle testing) and Defense Acceptance Stamp . corresponds with the S/N also

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    OK guys its very simple. If the only part on the rifle that is NM is the barrel it is no longer a NM rifle, if it ever was. You can wish and hope all day but facts are facts
    The bolt drawing number means nothing
    For a 6 mil NM the stock may or may not be bedded, gas cylinder stamped NM rear sight stamped NM , front sight stamped NM

No....Cause it's the serial number that makes it a N/M. These rifles where chose, not built, that's why you must have documentation.

I can buy all the N/M parts on EBay, so your saying I can turn all my rifles into N/M?

I've got this great big thick book sitting next to me, says The M1 Garand Rifle. Buy Bruce N Canfield on it. Think I'll trust it over you.

Last edited:

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    To the OP:
    Type I NM garand will have the serial number written in the stock channel. Remove the stock and check there, if serial is present its another clue to being a NM

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A DCM rifle would grade as a National Match.

Actually, NO. What makes you think that? DCM rifles ran the gammit from shooter to collector grade, and all of them were the same price. Some people actually got national match rifles, and some even got M1C's, but most got "rack" ir "field" grade by todays CMP standards.

Top Bottom