• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I've had my 9mm 4.5 about 18 months. I've run about 1000-1200 faultless rounds through it. Unfortunately, I've had a huge problem with it the past six weeks, and it's going to cause me to get rid of it pretty soon. Each time I go out to the range, I notice that it's not the 5.25. Want.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I've had my 9mm 4.5 about 18 months. I've run about 1000-1200 faultless rounds through it. Unfortunately, I've had a huge problem with it the past six weeks, and it's going to cause me to get rid of it pretty soon. Each time I go out to the range, I notice that it's not the 5.25. Want.

Sad part is they cost almost as much as 2 of the ones you have from what I have read. :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Quick question on conversion barrels. So can I get a 9mm conversion for the xdm 40 3.8 compact? Would that then allow me to shoot in both 9mm and 40? Would I use different clips (i.e., does a 9mm clip fit in the xdm 40)? Are these pretty reliable?

I've been looking at what i need for the M&P 40 pro to be able to switch it to a 9mm if i want to. So far all it seems like ill just need the conversion barrel StormLake | Build Your Barrel
    and some new 9mm mags

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    One of my brothers has the XDM 9mm and it's a very good shooting gun. They hold 19 rounds, come with a match grade barrel, and a case full of gear. I do like the new 5.25 competition model more myself though. :yesway:

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I handled the xDm 3.8 40 yesterday and love the way it feels. Any thoughts? I think it will be good for CC. I like the longer barrel.

Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    I just bought my xDm 9 compact a wk ago (my 1st handgun). However, I haven't been able to get to a range yet. I'm dying to get some rounds thru it. Can't wait!!!!

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have an xdm40 and my wife has an xdm9 and we both love them. The tear down and cleaning could not be easier and neither of us have had a single issue with them.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have an xdm40 and my wife has an xdm9 and we both love them. The tear down and cleaning could not be easier and neither of us have had a single issue with them.

I'm going tomorrow to order my XDm 40 3.8. Springfield is offering 3 mags and a holder for new purchases in September and October.

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Sorry if I repeat info, but I'm not going to read all the above posts, lol.

For an EDC, the match barrel is really not needed. I'd spend my money for trijicon sites and/or grip texturing.

I EDC an XD9 sc. Don't buy a larger caliber, cost and recoil isn't worth it. Own 9mm or a .45 in a 1911 model, the rest is a waste imo.

If you are ever at Atterbury and would like to try out my sc before purchasing, pm me.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    One of my brothers has the XDM 9mm and it's a very good shooting gun. They hold 19 rounds, come with a match grade barrel, and a case full of gear. I do like the new 5.25 competition model more myself though. :yesway:

With that mag capacity, it seems like it takes forever to shoot the thing.:D

That's good problem to have, but at the range I shoot at, you have to use 2-3 sec intervals between shots. NO rapid fire.:ar15:

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    I'm going tomorrow to order my XDm 40 3.8. Springfield is offering 3 mags and a holder for new purchases in September and October.

I found this out too, I'm very excited. It's a heck of a deal!
    EDIT: The promo runs from September 01-November 30. Freebies include 3 gun specific mags, and an extra mag holster. Receipt of purchase, plus a rebate form must be filled out and returned to Springfield (in case anyone else was interested, I posted link with more details).

Springfield Armory Gear Up Promo Site

I have ordered the XDm 4.5 in 9mm. Should have the package in by Monday! Obviously I will post pics!!!

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I liked the XDM 40 enough that I picked up a XDM 9 for my wife. They are a bit big so it's more of a range/comp gun vs a carry piece. Open carry would be fine but the included holster wouldn't give me much confidence.

I haven't had any issues with either of my XDMs. I haven't done the conversion barrel on my 40 so no review of that.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Love my xdm-9. I looked at Glock, S&W, and the xdm. Actually, I had all three on the counter and closed my eyes and picked each up and blindly aimed and opened my eyes. The xdm felt and pointed more naturally. I haven't regretted it. I love its accuracy, reliability, and ease of cleaning. I did send it to SA to have a trigger job done on it, which I commented on in another post. This gun rocks. I don't see myself ever selling it.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Love my xdm-9. I looked at Glock, S&W, and the xdm. Actually, I had all three on the counter and closed my eyes and picked each up and blindly aimed and opened my eyes. The xdm felt and pointed more naturally. I haven't regretted it. I love its accuracy, reliability, and ease of cleaning. I did send it to SA to have a trigger job done on it, which I commented on in another post. This gun rocks. I don't see myself ever selling it.

What kind of trigger job did you have done? How much did it cost?

Hoosierdude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Speedway, Indy
    My first buy for carry was the xdm-9. There really isn't much that I don't like about this gun. It's reliable, accurate and I love the feel. One thing I did buy was the Pearce grip extension for the 13 rd mag. My hands are a little big for the compact gun and this extension allows my my fingers to move a little more freely and have a stronger grip.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    If you go to SA's website you can select custom shop and there's a pdf that lists the various options and what they cost. I actually called and talked to one of the gunsmiths and told him I wanted the creep out, shorten the pull, and reduce the trigger pull weight. I think it was about $140. I looked at other places that do custom trigger work on SA xdm's, but felt more comfortable with "in house" work because, like the gun, the work is guaranteed for life.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    If you go to SA's website you can select custom shop and there's a pdf that lists the various options and what they cost. I actually called and talked to one of the gunsmiths and told him I wanted the creep out, shorten the pull, and reduce the trigger pull weight. I think it was about $140. I looked at other places that do custom trigger work on SA xdm's, but felt more comfortable with "in house" work because, like the gun, the work is guaranteed for life.

Thanks for the information.

Monty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Shelbyville
    My wife and I both have the XDm 9mm, She CC and I do both OC & CC depending on where my job takes me during the day. Shot +500 rds at range through both, only had malfuction with ejection of Tulammno round only, Got a 50ct box for us both to try from Walmart, Clerk said lots of people use Tulammno for Range practise due to price. Never again, back to Federals & Winchesters..I switch the backplate on hers to the small and put the largest one on mine. Easy to do and it did make a difference for us both.

Top Bottom