Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If it turns out to be 10-12 weeks and we get nothing to compensate for the time I'm going to be pissed. That's completely unacceptable from an otherwise reputable company.
    I hear ya. It also seems to me that they didn't fully have their collective water fowl in a row before even implementing the recall.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    If it turns out to be 10-12 weeks and we get nothing to compensate for the time I'm going to be pissed. That's completely unacceptable from an otherwise reputable company.

Agree. I sent in my .45 and kept the 9mm for later. Now I'm thinking about just dumping them both when the 45 gets back. If this is the level of service we can expect from Springfield then I want no part of it. These are my first, and last Springfields. There's several things about the XD line that I don't really care for but the XDS is a niche gun for me. It fits the bill when I want something very light and small with good ballistics. I love the way the 45 shoots and mainly bought the 9mm for cheaper practice and if the wife wanted it for lighter recoil. For a 45 nothing else really compares, in 9mm it loses that claim.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I understand people's frustration and I can see how many want to stop dealing with Springfield. I have never been involoved with a recall this huge, but I imagine it is not a simple thing. Anyway, I will be happy when my XDs returns, until then I was forced, unfortunately, to purchase a new EDC. My wife said she totally understood.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Yeah, its a big undertaking for SA and I understand that. I'm still done with them. ".....issues the recall before having a guaranteed solution for your safety blah.blah.blah" If that was the case then they should have said plainly in the recall they didn't know how to fix it yet. When you called or emailed they shouldn't have made it sound like no big deal. My first response from them they were talking two weeks, then it went up to a month, now its been a month and they are still "in the testing phase". Unacceptable. Must be some very poor leadership in that company. I will never buy another and will probably sell off the ones I have.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My latest email to Springfield:

I've just read your new FAQ updated on 9/27/2013 and have some concerns.

First. There is no mention of an updated time line. Are we to understand that you intend to keep our firearms without any idea of how long?

Second. The way the FAQ reads you knew up front before the recall was issued that you didn't have a solution or parts to fix our weapons. We were led to believe that you did when this all first started. How could you issue a 30 day time frame when you had no idea what you were going to do to fix the problem? This was an outright lie to your customers and we were betrayed by you. Explain why this was done.

Third. You give the excuse that you were overwhelmed with the amount of firearms you received for this process. Your company should know how many of these were sold. What did you expect when you told people they were dangerous and to stop using them immediately and return them? To issue this type of warning and not be prepared for it is irresponsible.

Fourth. More of a comment that a question. This is a voluntary recall correct? Then stop calling it an "upgrade". You are not upgrading any of our pistols, you are repairing a defect that was found. An upgrade is replacing a standard part with a premium part such as night sights or match grade barrel.

Your company should have been straight with us from the beginning and not lied to us. You can spin it any way you want but that is what you did. When a company or person knows one thing is true and tells others something else that's called a lie. Many of us use your weapons to protect ourselves and our families. How are we to trust you as a company after this?

I bought my XDS .45 after a recommendation from a friend who owns an XD compact. After putting several hundred flawless rounds through it I bought a second one in 9mm. The 9mm is unfired and will not be going back to you until my .45 is returned and I am satisfied with the results & you have your process under control. I will not let you hold both of my guns hostage until you decide to release them.

As far as my future with Springfield Arms, I doubt I will ever purchase another of your products. The XDS was my first Springfield product and this entire process was handled horribly. I'm unsure if I will be keeping either of my XDS guns when I do manage to get them back. I've watched the value of these drop since the whole fiasco started. I guess it all depends on what I can sell them for. If I'm going to have to take a huge hit in value then I'll keep them as range guns. I will no longer be using them to protect my family with. If I do keep them they will not be passed on to family members. You've already proven you aren't reliable to service them now when they are new, God knows how you'll do it many years into the future.

I've been shooting for 30 years and have been involved with a couple of firearm recalls in the past. No recall of any product I've owned, firearm or not, has ever been this much of a pooch screw. I fully expect to receive the canned email response that others have gotten, if I receive a reply at all. The last email I sent took re-sending it four times before it was answered. I hope you do better this time.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I guess i was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt
    Bc I hadn't really checked on the website
    regularly I was just planning on a month or so
    but it's sounding like this may be getting worse.
    I'll take an xdm 3.8 9mm as a replacement:dunno:

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    May go get a Glock 30s to be my EDC, then may SA will send a refund or credit for the XDS then get a Range Officer.

Last edited:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Quite frankly I'm starting to think that some people screwed with their guns and caused it then changed it back and said it was faulty.

Top Bottom