• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I had a squib on the very first reloads that I put together at my buddy's house. He explained to me that you must stay focused while reloading. He doesn't have music, TV or interruptions. He had me put ten rounds together and then talked to me while I loaded them (not the best teacher). One of the ten was a squib. It was in a tupperware gun so I broke the gun down and took the barrel to the counter at the range I was shooting at.

They knocked the bullet out and I asked them if I owed them anything for their services. They replied that it was no charge. I didn't pay for their services to extract the bullet, they did it out of generosity. Having said that, if they damaged my barrel I would have been upset especially if they tried to hide the damage. If they came clean I would have worked with them to make both parties happy. Just like me the OP has to take some responsibility for what happened, all the burden shouldn't be on the shop since the issue started with our own mistake.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Be very careful who you hand your gun over to. (as you now know) Any shop that cannot remove a squib (Seriously? "we can't get it out") and couldn't even bother to place it in a padded vise to work on it has no business "repairing" guns". Only a true "Bubba" would clamp a revolver into a vise BY THE RECOIL SHIELD and then proceed to beat on it. I worked on guns for many years and NEVER left a mark on any of them. It's not that hard to pay attention to what you are doing. My policy was ALWAYS if I screw up your gun - I will aplologize personally AND pay for a new replacement - and you can bet that will make you be VERY careful and pay attention to what you are doing.

BULLSEYE.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Probably the smart thing to do for Indyvet is to buy the guy a new pistol to replace the damaged one, take the "injured" pistol and put it in the rental case and let anyone else that has a problem with a pistol in the range take it elsewhere to get repaired. No good deed goes unpunished and the poorly executed attempts at good deeds seem to be rehashed forever on the WWW.

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructorCertified Glock armorer
    +1 Well said

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had a squib on the very first reloads that I put together at my buddy's house. He explained to me that you must stay focused while reloading. He doesn't have music, TV or interruptions. He had me put ten rounds together and then talked to me while I loaded them (not the best teacher). One of the ten was a squib. It was in a tupperware gun so I broke the gun down and took the barrel to the counter at the range I was shooting at.

They knocked the bullet out and I asked them if I owed them anything for their services. They replied that it was no charge. I didn't pay for their services to extract the bullet, they did it out of generosity. Having said that, if they damaged my barrel I would have been upset especially if they tried to hide the damage. If they came clean I would have worked with them to make both parties happy. Just like me the OP has to take some responsibility for what happened, all the burden shouldn't be on the shop since the issue started with our own mistake.

+1

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in that shop early a few days ago. If the fella that did not care to greet me when I walked in is any example of the "Staff" I will not grace the doorway again let alone hand him a firearm.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I was in that shop early a few days ago. If the fella that did not care to greet me when I walked in is any example of the "Staff" I will not grace the doorway again let alone hand him a firearm.

But he already knew from the interwebs that you are a bully, and he was too fearful of you. Purple implied. :)

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Update:
    Indyvet did as he said. He was very professional and upstanding. Not only was this handled quickly and professionally, but he earned me back as a customer. Although my initial experience was negative, he is a man of his word, and to me that trumps a lot.
    Brian, thank you.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Update:
    Indyvet did as he said. He was very professional and upstanding. Not only was this handled quickly and professionally, but he earned me back as a customer. Although my initial experience was negative, he is a man of his word, and to me that trumps a lot.
    Brian, thank you.

This is great news for you. I'm impressed with ITP as well. Now if they somehow get TT to become a customer I will drive the three hours south to buy from them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom