• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Page 4 of the H&T Guide shows Aug not Oct.
    Not going to the Guide and clicking on the fuzzy rat picture linky thing..........pulls this up

Small Game | Indiana Hunting & Trapping Guide | eRegulations.com

Hah! That contradicts what is in the online version of guide and the separate .pdf! 2014-15 Hunting/Trapping Season Dates

I think you are correct, though. Squirrel season always starts in August!! I wonder if anyone at DNR knows they have some issues on their web site . . .

Nightsniper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Hah! That contradicts what is in the online version of guide and the separate .pdf! 2014-15 Hunting/Trapping Season Dates

I think you are correct, though. Squirrel season always starts in August!! I wonder if anyone at DNR knows they have some issues on their web site . . .
    You are looking at the Trapping dates at the top of page , look down the page for Small Game Hunting. Oct 15 for trapping Fox Red and Grey and Aug 15 Squirrel both Grey and Fox

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are looking at the Trapping dates at the top of page , look down the page for Small Game Hunting. Oct 15 for trapping Fox Red and Grey and Aug 15 Squirrel both Grey and Fox

Actually, I'm not. The trapping dates are below the hunting dates and it says Oct. 15, 2014 - Jan. 31, 2015. The top row on the .pdf says HUNTING DATES: Oct. 15, 2014 - Feb. 28, 2015.

You are correct, however, that lower in the page has the (probably) correct hunting season: Aug. 15, 2014 - Jan. 31, 2015.

Somebody goofed!

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Aug 15th has been the start date for as long as I can remember.
    I have only been out twice and shot 3 but did see several more. It is just so thick and it was pretty warm when I went out. Did get some chiggars tho.
    Air rifles are my weapon of choice for squirrels nowdays. These two fell to my .25 AirForce Condor SS and the one my grand daughter is holding was shot with my Evanix Rainstorm in .22. She is six and wanted to go so I took her out Sunday morning . We saw two and I shot one, then she was ready to go home.LOL We were only in the woods about an hour but it was a great morning hunting since I was able to take her along. I think she is hooked now
    0822140909_zpssf296req.jpg

0907140832a_zpsqlx10tca.jpg

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Aug 15th has been the start date for as long as I can remember.
    I have only been out twice and shot 3 but did see several more. It is just so thick and it was pretty warm when I went out. Did get some chiggars tho.
    Air rifles are my weapon of choice for squirrels nowdays. These two fell to my .25 AirForce Condor SS and the one my grand daughter is holding was shot with my Evanix Rainstorm in .22. She is six and wanted to go so I took her out Sunday morning . We saw two and I shot one, then she was ready to go home.LOL We were only in the woods about an hour but it was a great morning hunting since I was able to take her along. I think she is hooked now
    0822140909_zpssf296req.jpg

0907140832a_zpsqlx10tca.jpg

Thats awesome! I cant wait to take my kids hunting. Is it 14 to legally hunt in Indiana?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I agree!! Thanks for sharing that photo, randy68. It made my day.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My grandaughter is my sidekick and loves to do anything I do. She's still too young to hunt but she loves shooting her BB guns and bows. She also likes watching me clean squirrels and deer and isn't squeemish about it.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Some of my best childhood memories are of hunting with my Grandfather and Father. They are great memories to look back on. My dad had me walking around without a bolt in my gun to show that I could properly handle a gun before allowing me to carry it loaded. Recall it all like yesterday.

I am sure your granddaughter will look back with fond memories.

I just moved to Indiana from Michigan a couple years ago. Have never hunted in the state. I would love to take the kids hunting. In Michigna there was a lot of state land open to hunting. It seems like the available state land for hunting is more limited in Indiana. Are there some good hunting areas close to Indianapolis?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Top Bottom