Napghanistan

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm a nerd of sorts, just growing up with the original trilogy and watching Eps I-III come out while I was a teenager. We grow up dreaming of other worlds and the possibilities of going there in our imaginations, being a Jedi or flying an X-Wing or having a best friend that looks like a sasquatch. With all the theories and political conjecture for the current times in which the movies were created, most importantly, in my mind, is that we enjoy the movies for what they are meant to do, allow our imaginations to grow and be a part of the popular culture for the times in which we live, and to bring back those memories from our childhood.

I enjoy learning about the stories and characters, both and canon and EU, but all I know is, that when those X-wings came ripping across the water and came to the rescue, my 7 year old son (who ADORES everything Star Wars) reached over and grabbed my arm and hugged it so tight with such a huge smile on his face that I almost teared up. (The Force is strong with us.) That's what Star Wars is all about.

What!!! What!! Your doing it wrong dad. ;) We have to root for the guys in black with the cool red lightsabers!

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Sort of but I really am tired that in 99% of the movies/books the good guys always win.
    Why does good always have to win?

Who says they win? We keep managing to build Death Stars, we always seem to find some creepy old Sith to mentor a young impressionable force user. They do manage to push us back, but we always come back stronger, we just need to start learning from our mistakes, like would somebody please guard that one undefeated position that can destroy the whole space station? Geez.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    *** Spoiler Alert! ***

uH3kfZP.jpg

Why are you mixing one of my favorite Guardian's of the Galaxy characters with Star Wars?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Right, so no matter how many times the Jedi kill the sith they will always be back. Even if they kill them then kill themselves, there would be force sensitive beings born in the future. The never-ending struggle between good and evil.

Same thing w/ democrats and liberals always pushing for more gun control. Every generation comes w/ new ignorance and the fight will continue.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So, the Jedi academy should teach the darkside to as many people they can. Spread out the darkside as much as they can.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube;xESiohGGP7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xESiohGGP7g[/video]

Nice ep5 *IS* the best of all the sw films at this point.
    Ep8 MAY be able to beat it but we will see.
    For sure ep9 will not.
    why? Very simple the sw trilogy followes the hero path story. The middle movie is the middle of the story when the hero is at his/her lowest darkest hour. Ep5 got this correclty. We will have to wait and see if ep8 can do this. Might be hard if we done fall in love with the characyers.
    So, the Jedi academy should teach the darkside to as many people they can. Spread out the darkside as much as they can.

No the jedi do not teach about the darkside and that is one of their problems. They avoid teaching it and thus lose jedi to learning about it even if they do not use it, ie darkside. Thus fallen jedi.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Kylo Vs Finn and Rey - You're missing the damn point! - Imgur

For everyone complaining about Rey and Finn beating Kylo

I re-watched the movie on the 31st in 3D and did notice this the 2nd time around.
    BTW I did not care for it in 3D but then again I don't think I care for 3D it makes me nauseous.
    When they start the last fight he is padding/hitting his side and grunting. As the fight continues he is sweating a LOT. All indications that he is in some major pain from that wound.

I missed that the 1st time around, his facial expressions and the grunting.
    I don't have an issue with Rey's lightsaber ability. I don't recall which book it was but it was when Luke was in a coma and Ben solo (3rd child of han/liea) was still a toddler that he protected luke with a lightsaber against some alien/monsters that were trying to kill luke. The book goes on to explain that THE FORCE was using toddler ben as a vessel to protect his uncle. So the same can be said of Rey. Actually it was the SAME lightsaber that Rey and Ben Solo (3rd child of han) both used that did this. Yes the expanded universe books are no more but in essence THAT lightsaber is connected to THE FORCE then most know.

It called to Rey in the basement and when Kylo tried to use the force to grab it from the snow it went to Rey instead.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    We watched the movie tonight for the second time. We all enjoyed it a lot more, because we were past the "what's going to happen" and able to focus on the characters and more specific actions.

Yes, as just mentioned above, I missed the fact the first time that Kylo was fighting with a serious wound.

Our first viewing was at Flix, a very comfortable and enjoyable place to watch the movie.

Tonight we went to the Imax at the state museum: the theater system was definitely far better even if the seats were more crammed. I'd probably still choose somewhere like Flix for a relaxing night out, but the IMAX experience was better than I last remembered and will be going there for those movies that fully benefit from the big screen.

K1LLB0XS373N

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Morgan County
    I loved it. I though they borrowed ALOT from A New Hope but is that really a bad thing? IMO no. They had to do something drastic and as much as I don't like Han dying it shook things up. Here's to the rest of the series!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Han and Leia had a contract out on them for the slaughter of innocent Ewoks after Endor.

484426_v1.gif

The more you know.

Actually, unless the rebels evacuated all the Ewoks, they all probably died from the debris of the second Death Star entering the atmosphere of Endor. lol

Top Bottom