Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Here's a thought... people with the attitude of the poster you were replying to should have some kind of "DNR" designation on their public record, maybe attached to their phone numbers. ("DNR" in this case meaning "Do Not Respond", as opposed to Do Not Resuscitate). Since they don't want the services of LEO, if they ever do call 911 for any reason, they can be ignored, thus freeing up the 911 lines for people that actually DO appreciate the services that LEO provide.

Caller: "Someone just broke into my house and they're still here!"
    911 dispatch: "I'm sorry sir (or ma'am), but you are on our Do Not Respond list. Have a nice evening."

That would just prove their point.

People who don't like the cops, for whatever reason, should be treated with the utmost professionalism when cops respond to their call.

That's how you make them change their mind.

You don't like cops? Well guess what they are still willing to risk their lives responding to a call at your house in the middle of the night.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That would just prove their point.

People who don't like the cops, for whatever reason, should be treated with the utmost professionalism when cops respond to their call.

That's how you make them change their mind.

You don't like cops? Well guess what they are still willing to risk their lives responding to a call at your house in the middle of the night.

Oh, I would make it voluntary to get on the "DNR" list, just like Do Not Resuscitate orders. It's been my observation that the only people that have negative opinions of the police are ones that have done something illegal to begin with, which caused the cops to get involved. Then they behave like *******s and are surprised when the cops do their jobs.

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    First time this jerk hears a noise in the house in the middle of
    the night.....that will be the time when they will become
    "comfortable" with the law.........

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Here's a thought... people with the attitude of the poster you were replying to should have some kind of "DNR" designation on their public record, maybe attached to their phone numbers. ("DNR" in this case meaning "Do Not Respond", as opposed to Do Not Resuscitate). Since they don't want the services of LEO, if they ever do call 911 for any reason, they can be ignored, thus freeing up the 911 lines for people that actually DO appreciate the services that LEO provide.

Caller: "Someone just broke into my house and they're still here!"
    911 dispatch: "I'm sorry sir (or ma'am), but you are on our Do Not Respond list. Have a nice evening."

No.

Our job is, for the most part, to help people that need it the best we can. Their opinion of us is irrelevant and I don't help anyone any less regardless of what that opinion is.

As far as those saying they would refuse to leave or would have a few choice words for the employee and customer while going, that doesn't solve anything either. Simply leaving and being as polite as can be to both of them would make a lot bigger impression than acting like a jackass. If this job was easy, everyone would be doing it.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    No.

Our job is, for the most part, to help people that need it the best we can. Their opinion of us is irrelevant and I don't help anyone any less regardless of what that opinion is.

As far as those saying they would refuse to leave or would have a few choice words for the employee and customer while going, that doesn't solve anything either. Simply leaving and being as polite as can be to both of them would make a lot bigger impression than acting like a jackass. If this job was easy, everyone would be doing it.

It must be easy, because everyone is always telling me how to do it! Even people with absolutely no knowledge or experience.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It must be easy, because everyone is always telling me how to do it! Even people with absolutely no knowledge or experience.

Well there are a lot of cop shows on TV.
    People can see how easy it is.
    Look at those CSI shows.
    Cop shows up, finds a random fingerprint, scans it, immediatly gets the suspect's picture oh his ipad with his current address.
    Easy! :yesway:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yes.

The Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse » Ask A Cop.

About 500 more examples, and dozens more every day in the news.

Stop worshipping a street gang.

So many of those are just so grossly misrepresented, that I have to doubt the validity of all of them.

It's like all the people out there saying that they're being oppressed. They claim everything is oppressive, so if they're ever actually oppressed, everyone has already quit listening to them.

There is a lot more to those stories you posted. Tamir Rice?? Really? The kid that was pointing a realistic toy gun at people, then pointed it at police? You consider that police misconduct? Daniel Shaver? The guy that was told repeatedly to stop reaching for his waistband, and warned that if he did it again, he would be shot? I don't have the time to break down all 500 of these, but as I said, there are quite a few that I know are severely distorted. If there are any cases here where the police genuinely acted inappropriately, then those stories are buried among the hundreds of stories where they did nothing wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No.

Oh I know. My comment was (mostly) tongue in cheek. I just find that people that are "uncomfortable" around police have had interactions (mostly deserved) with police in which the outcome wasn't what they'd hoped for - in other words, they got caught breaking the law.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    All the talk of police oppression reminded me of this:

[video=youtube;l8ukak8P2vY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY[/video]

All these poor, "uncomfortable" souls being "repressed," just like Arthur "repressed" poor Dennis the peasant.

I'm glad I'm retired; when we were removing protesters from the I-69 construction sites, they screamed like they were being hurt. That was before the troopers even touched them. It's their reflexive move: "I feel unsafe."

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    All the talk of police oppression reminded me of this:

[video=youtube;l8ukak8P2vY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY[/video]

All these poor, "uncomfortable" souls being "repressed," just like Arthur "repressed" poor Dennis the peasant.

I'm glad I'm retired; when we were removing protesters from the I-69 construction sites, they screamed like they were being hurt. That was before the troopers even touched them. It's their reflexive move: "I feel unsafe."

Beat me to it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh I know. My comment was (mostly) tongue in cheek. I just find that people that are "uncomfortable" around police have had interactions (mostly deserved) with police in which the outcome wasn't what they'd hoped for - in other words, they got caught breaking the law.

I have had these interactions and most were well deserved.
    No chip on my shoulders.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WdMxHuW.gif

Yeah I know right......:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have had these interactions and most were well deserved.
    No chip on my shoulders.

Same here. "Yep, you got me. Mea culpa."

The last time I got pulled over, I was actually wearing a clown suit in full makeup (minus the nose, that I was saving for when I got to the Halloween party I was going to). I was exiting onto 10th st eastbound off of 465 on the westside. Needed to get in the far left lane to turn at the first light. Apparently, I cut a cop off (I'm sure I did) as I was trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic to make my turn at the light. Unfortunately, my driver side mirror on the truck I was driving was messed up, and would blow in toward the truck as soon as I got up to interstate speed, and I was trying to readjust it as I was merging over, so I really didn't see him.

He walked up to my window and took one look at me and just said, "Before, or after?" I said, "Before. On the way." We both had a good chuckle and he just cautioned me to be more careful, and to get my mirror fixed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom