• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is that rule from the 1500 or a change to state code regarding carry at the fairgrounds for events other than the state fair?

state code banning guns is fair specific, not the grounds as I recall. Its a 1500 rule. And I cant say I'm that upset about it given the idiots Ive seen there. I just dont go. Or if I do its because I'm tagging along with friends who want to go.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Now I have two solid reasons to boycott the IN state fair:

1. Recently became a GFZ
    2. Crime infested fairground and surrounding area. My car got smash-n-grabbed in the infield a couple of years ago. Haven’t been back since.

Lots of fun to be had elsewhere without being disarmed and robbed.

If there was ever a place you need to be packing, it is 38th Street!

No signs that TPTB will move to fair out of hostile territory.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    state code banning guns is fair specific, not the grounds as I recall. Its a 1500 rule. And I cant say I'm that upset about it given the idiots Ive seen there. I just dont go. Or if I do its because I'm tagging along with friends who want to go.
    This was changed a few years ago.
    http://iac.iga.in.gov/iac/T00800/A00110.PDF?

Now in effect at all times for the entire property, and all visitors (even LE). No weapons. Period. Unless you can demonstrate you are buying/selling/trading at an event (the 1500 exemption). Weapon definition is very broad.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Now in effect at all times for the entire property, and all visitors (even LE). No weapons. Period. Unless you can demonstrate you are buying/selling/trading at an event (the 1500 exemption). Weapon definition is very broad.

Thanks for the update. Missed that one.

And given the 60% increase in parking, (from $5 to $8) I now REALLY have no reason to attend any events there.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

LE is exempt. Not trying to rub it in but all Fed, State, local LE are exempt.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am NOT suggesting breaking any laws or rules.

I work in the east side hood near brookside. I’ve heard open discussions between many youths just push their Glock or knives under dirt/mulch/ etc at one of the many spots around the fairgrounds chain link fence , then enter and retrieve. They don’t security scan you going out...

at some point they keep pushing legal law abiding people into criminal gray area, at some point the law abiding people begin thinking and acting as they have been prescribed. It’s human nature and fact.
    Thats why I dont care what their illagal law or rule is. The criminals will always have theirs. Look around at who works the fairgrounds. Its pretty obvious they dont even need to push their guns under rhe fences. They just walk right in because their thuggy friends let them

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I went to the fair last night. I ate an elephant ear, saw a giant pig, watched Boys II Men, and had a great time. I was not murdered even one time.

I worry some folks are going to die of a heart attack at 50, regretful of having avoided a lot of fun in life because they were scared to go anywhere.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The state fair has become overrun by the ghetto that surrounds it. I've been all over, i I usually never feel unsafe. I felt very unsafe even with tools. Not a good family environment. They need to do something.
    I think this was the last year I will ever take my family there. We will stick to the rural county fairs.
    Ive never seen so many thugs. If the state police arent already using their facial recognition software to hunt down criminals there, they should be. Probably get more arrests for wanted dangerous criminals in 2 weeks than for 6 months.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I went to the fair last night. I ate an elephant ear, saw a giant pig, watched Boys II Men, and had a great time. I was not murdered even one time.

I worry some folks are going to die of a heart attack at 50, regretful of having avoided a lot of fun in life because they were scared to go anywhere.
    Honestly man thats a lot easier for you to say that because you have a badge behind everything you do. I dont. Even with training, my actions and backup will never equal what you have access to and you have to admit that is very reassuring to you.
    Even if you call 911 you lwt them know you are a cop in need and a **** storm like no other is gonna come down on your foe and quicker than it would ever happen for me. And I get it, not saying its wrong.
    I know that feeling from the Army. Its an awesome feeling.

Just like me having to "concealed means concealed" in certain places. You don't have to worry about the same consequences as i do. Not all cops would be cool and just give a friendly and discreet heads up. Ive seen a buddy about get manhandled one time by state boys on the capital lawn. The ****ing LAWN. Ridiculous. Not the same world we live in my friend. I dont wish yours to be taken away, i just want the same freedom and sense of security and not having to worry about losing my right to carry possibly forever just for trying to protect myself or family from criminals by possibly breaking an unjust law or rule against carry, depending on what location we are talking about

Last edited:
    Top Bottom