• ...and so much more!
  • Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Same!

I'm headed to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area this weekend for vacation. I think I've done my homework on carrying down there, but I just wanted to make sure I'm clear. So I'm good to carry either CC or OC with IN LTCH right? (plan on CC except for when we go hiking) Places that have signs that are posted "no firearms" are a No Go, since signs there carry weight of the law right? No carry in places that serve alcohol such as bars/clubs? Anything else I need to know or that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!:ingo:

WOndering the same thing too. I will be in Gatlinburg in November.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    so if i have an indiana gun permit i can carry my wepon in kentucky?

You can carry but don't do as I almost did. I started to enter Ft. Knox to go to the armor museum when I recalled that Security Six in the car. I did some quick backtracking. I don't have exact information but I think that was (and is) illegal. Might not have turned out bad but could have.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Too bad I live in Lake County, ten minutes from Illinois, and I can't carry. Their laws are stupid when it comes to the carry and ownership issues. I like Mayor Daley, but I think he is wrong when it comes to the firearms issues.

I am with you brother and just moved here from IL to get away from the politics. I will try to stay in Indiana whenever possible and keep my money here.

Sinco0214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Be careful and when traveling to make sure you can carry in all of the states traveling through not just your final destination.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Be careful and when traveling to make sure you can carry in all of the states traveling through not just your final destination.
    Even if LTCH isn't honored in a state you are passing through, you can remove the magazine from the handgun, secure them in a case, and you are legal under federal law.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Even if LTCH isn't honored in a state you are passing through, you can remove the magazine from the handgun, secure them in a case, and you are legal under federal law.

Don't forget that round in the chamber, separate the ammo and put them in a trunk.

You are quoting Illinois transport laws. (except forgetting the chambered round)

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Frosty,

from the NRA website:

"However, HB 495 required some last minute changes to guarantee passage in the Ohio Senate. Therefore, in order to ensure its passage in this legislative session, the sections regarding expanding concealed carry reciprocity were amended out of the bill with a commitment to address it early next session.

The amended version of HB 495 would make the following changes:
    • Eliminate the renewed competency certification requirement for concealed carry license renewals. Currently, after the first renewal of your concealed handgun license, you must submit proof of renewed competency to show that you are range competent for all subsequent renewals. HB 495 would make it so that you can simply show your existing or expiring license or your original competency certificate as proof that you have had the necessary training for all renewals.
    • Change the definition of a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Currently, a firearm is considered loaded if a loaded magazine is present in the vehicle, even if the magazine is not inserted into the firearm. HB 495 would change this definition so that the magazine must be inserted into the firearm before it is considered loaded.
    • Define “Concealed Handgun License” in one section of the Ohio Revised Code and clarify that this definition applies to all references of a concealed handgun license throughout the state code. HB 495 would simplify state law and make it easier to read, understand, comply with and enforce. "
    linky: NRA-ILA | Ohio: Pro-Gun Reform Legislation Passes Both Chambers, Sent to Governor for his Signature

:)

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Yes !!

I have taken the test in INDIANA and I can drive my car ANYWHERE! 2d amendment should settle that, but we have let it slip by us. Demned Progressives! BTW, that auto ins. co, with the ditzy brunette is owned by a Number One, Soros-like CEO.. Choose accordingly.
    When will we get some open carry laws?

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Indiana Concealed Carry

Is there a way to get a permit that will cover more states. I heard there was a western state that has reciprocity with most of the other states. Has anyone heard of this. I wish there was a federal permit that would allow carry in all states. Seems like that would be a practical solution.

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    why dont washington take ours we take thiers

Indiana accepts any valid license regardless of where it's issued. This is because of our laws and has no bearing on where our license is accepted. Many states(likely including Washington) don't accept our license because we don't require training to qualify for a license.

Top Bottom