• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Steaks shouldn't need any sauce but for pork and chicken, my newest favorite is Bronco Bob's smoked bacon chipotle sauce:yesway:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    No sauce necessary.

A bit of olive oil on the steak, salt and pepper. That's it. Let it get to room temp before cooking and you're good to go. If you feel you need sauce, it's either not properly cooked or a really bad cut of meat.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    A well prepared steak needs no sauce.

This...

However I'm gonna share a treat that was shared with me once.. it sounds disgusting but I SWEAR its better than bacon wrapped bacon.

Get yourself a nice 2" thick cut of ribeye... you know.. grass finished stuff with no hormones or whatever.. real beef...

Take it home and get some miracle whip.. not mayo... miracle whip... put on your food prep gloves and slather miracle whip all over it.. basically batter it with miracle whip.. Then, get some lowry's seasoned salt, garlic powder and peppercorn and cover it... completely..

heat your grill up to at least 500* or more... for at least 5 minutes.. throw this slice of cow but-tocks on the fire and cook it.. medium rare.. slightly charred on the outside.. pink in the middle...

Enjoy w/ your favorite alcoholic "garnish" :)

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Im not a huge fan of sauce on steaks. That being said, I do love some country bob's though. Give it a shot, you wont be dissappointed.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    ^I'll try it.

(BTW, a rib-eye is no where near a cow's butt...That's round steak)

Report back on the results. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I am not at all familiar w/ the anatomy of a cow up to and including where rib eye steaks come from.. I do know that a properly prepared rib eye is a treat and a ruined one = jail time :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Report back on the results. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I am not at all familiar w/ the anatomy of a cow up to and including where rib eye steaks come from.. I do know that a properly prepared rib eye is a treat and a ruined one = jail time :D

A ribeye is cut off of the ribs...Go figure.:):

I don't "do" gas grills, so I'll just make sure my Weber charcoal grill has flames when I toss it on.

Ribeye is my favorite cut of a cow as well. There are few things in life better than a ridiculously thick ribeye marinated, seasoned and cooked med-rare...Add a loaded baked potato and let the happiness begin.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    A little off topic but the wife and I recently went to a steakhouse in louisville, I'm talking $50 for a steak type of steakhouse, supposedly the best in the city. Now my wife isn't a huge steak fan, so after getting our meal, she asked for some A1. The look on the waiters face was as if she had insulted the mans mother. Pissed me right the hell off. If I'm paying over a hundred bucks for dinner, bring me what I ask for. I won't be back. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, doing this from my phone and I suck at it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A little off topic but the wife and I recently went to a steakhouse in louisville, I'm talking $50 for a steak type of steakhouse, supposedly the best in the city. Now my wife isn't a huge steak fan, so after getting our meal, she asked for some A1. The look on the waiters face was as if she had insulted the mans mother. Pissed me right the hell off. If I'm paying over a hundred bucks for dinner, bring me what I ask for. I won't be back. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, doing this from my phone and I suck at it.

While I agree that if you are paying over a bill for 2 dinners, you should get what you ask for, but I'd look at someone funny if they requested sauce for a $50 prime cut of steak as well.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Was this Ruth's Chris or Mortons? Either one, I would not ask for, or need steak sauce there.:D If it was Mortons, take her to Ruth's Chris next time, you can cut the filets with a fork!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You might also try adding a little smoke to the equation. I usually toss a handful of mesquite on the coals and it flavours up a piece of beef like nothing else.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

If ANYONE would ask for steak sauce at Jeff Rubys' they should kick them out!

Top Bottom