• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SameOl'Sh!z

Plinker
    Dec 1, 2013
    indianapolis
    So i had a gun transfered to BGF. It arrived at 2:01pm Tuesday according to the tracking info. I called Wednesday to see if I could pick it up. I was told that if I hadn't received a call then it wasn't ready and pretty much got hung up on. Lady was kind of rude but no biggie. I'm sure they were busy. Well here it is Friday and still haven't received a call.. I had another gun transfered there a while back. The shipping ffl did not put my phone number in the packaging. I finally called after about a weeks wait and was told the situation. I've contacted the shipping ffl of the current gun and he assured that all info was in place.

What's the hold up BGF??

croy

Master
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    This is one of the reasons I don't like transfers. I've only had 2 guns transferred and that was because no store could get the item I was looking for.

BGFirearms

Plinker
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    Please call the store as I handle all our transfers and as of today I have notified all persons by phone or voicemail. I don't know your name but all transfers are ready for pick up. Due to large inventory shipments I was unable to get things out as fast as I like to. Thank you Greg.

BGFirearms

Plinker
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    I just checked all my transfer boxes and all have notes on them reference contact made by phone or voicemail left. I have one that the phone number provided says it has been disconnected. Again please call the store and tell us your name and that your transfer shows delivered and we will let you know but all are ready for pick up. Thank you Greg.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    I have a good feeling about this one :) looks like another win for open lines of communication and INGO being the conduit blah blah blah. Drop a dime and verify your gun is ready to pick up then maybe use their outstanding range to check it out. Looks like a win for everyone involved and we are share a common interest/bond. Group hug.

vet14tango

Plinker
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have done a lot of transfers through BGF in the old store and new. Greg has always called shortly after mine have arrived except for one instance. On a day I was off work I got a email notice that a handgun I was having transfered had been delivered. So I thought well I will go pick it up this afternoon. Went to the shop and the lady at the counter confirms the gun is there and asks if they called me. I said no. She sent me packing. I drove home to shelbyville area. As soon as I walked in the door the lady calls and says my gun is ready for pickup so I drive back to BGF to get it. This was at the new store. Greg must have been out that day. I still do most of my transfers there and they have always been good to me other than the 1 mishap.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I overheard some folks using the range speaking of this event, as they saw the final bit unfold, and it sound like there was tons of FAIL involved but im not sure how BGF is the bad guy. This was the brief 3rd hand synopsis I heard while buying up all the 300blk ammo, please correct me if i'm wrong:

You wanted a glock handgun FFL transferred from somewhere to BGF.

The FFL didn't include your phone number so BGF couldn't contact you to tell you it was in.

The number you left for BGF to contact you with was disconnected

When you arrived to pick up your gun (and this is the part that I got to hear from the guys using the range) you accused the staff of swapping out a hi cap mag with a low cap one stating that the gun you ordered was supposed to have 2 high cap mags.

So in summation the person you bought the gun from should have included your info or BGF should be clairvoyant, Obama should have re-upped your pre paid minutes or again BGF should have resorted to some sort of wizardry to contact you, and finally BGF is laughing all the way to the bank swapping out 1 of your $15.00 magazines with a $10.00 magazine netting them a whole $5.00...or 3 crunchy taco bell tacos.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know sometimes experiences don't go as smoothly as we'd like, but honestly I've never had issues like that at BGF. Granted I mostly go to use the range, but I've bought accessories in there and have always been helped and have had no issues. Today I had the occasion to spend a few minutes browsing the gun prices after spending an hour at the range and I was impressed. A few of the guns I looked at were about what I would have paid by using the cheapest online source and adding the FFL. Only the SA RO I looked at wasn't as good a deal as I could have gotten online, but it was in line or better than a few other sources I've checked. Sorry your experience didn't go the way you wanted, but I'll keep going there.

croy

Master
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've actually heard of this happening before. (I will not name the shop because it's not my gun and none of my business) but someone I know had a sbr waiting on a stamp and the bcg was swapped out during the rush last year.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've actually heard of this happening before. (I will not name the shop because it's not my gun and none of my business) but someone I know had a sbr waiting on a stamp and the bcg was swapped out during the rush last year.
    If I KNEW something like that happened, I wouldn't hesitate to name the shop!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My concern is that none of this is BGFs fault except possibly the magazine. My question would be why would a place take 1 of 2 mags and replace 1 with a low cap? Id be willing to bet the guy that shipped it didn't include 2 hi caps. Now if it were an expensive one off piece I could maybe see that, but they have bucket loads of hi cap mags. Why would anyone swap a mag for a gain of $5.00 and ruin future visits from a potential customer?

Top Bottom