• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't understand this habit people have of owning dozens of Glocks. I mean, once you own one, haven't you owned them all?

Glocks are the gun equivalent to a Toyota Camry. They are nothing special, but are reliable and of you take care of it, they will run forever. Both are pretty boring and give an uninspired experience. But, they'll get the intended job done.

:)

Glocks hate the churchmouse. Hate him. I have proof.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Some might argue that reliable, accurate (for the job), and easily maintained would add up to an inspired experience.

I don't understand this habit people have of owning dozens of Glocks. I mean, once you own one, haven't you owned them all?

Glocks are the gun equivalent to a Toyota Camry. They are nothing special, but are reliable and of you take care of it, they will run forever. Both are pretty boring and give an uninspired experience. But, they'll get the intended job done.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Glocks are good and they work BUT they are not issue proof. Run an agency line with nothing but Glocks and at some point you will witness some type of malfunction. Some shooter induced some not.

I've also shot a lot of IPSC over the last 25 years and when a Glock has issues there it's either reloads or some type of aftermarket accessories.

I have had a few and even been to Glock Armorers course. They are good but not my favorite. M&P's are my favorite Striker fired and SIG P series my favorite overall auto (after S&W revolvers of course)

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I am very pleased with my Glocks. I have fondled numerous striker fired pistols and I still prefer Glock. I keep mine factory but I have a 17 that will be getting some work done to it soon for fun. Each their own but for me Glock is my Carry choice.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a 2nd Gen G-19 like that, never failed me, but my daughter limp wristed it at the range once causing the pistol to jam before I corrected her, so it can happen. Anything CAN happen.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had a Glock once. It functioned perfectly. Felt kind of like holding a 2x4 in my hand. I sold it after a week or 2.

MrsSilverlight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    Hamilton County

Personally, I was not a semiA fan whatsoever until I fired a Glock. I grew up on bolt action and lever action rifles and revolvers.

I use to say I'd choose a revolver over anything but after owning several Glocks over the past few years, I've changed my mind. They're basic, yea, but why get a BMW if you're used to a Toyota? Depends on who you're hanging out with in your Toyota on whether or not you're getting an inspired experience.

I think the same goes for Glocks.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    [video=youtube;uuL6cJPz3Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk[/video]

The only appropriate response to the statement "Glocks are Perfection"

This is not only the appropriate response, it is the PERFECT response.

btw - Didn't the OP get the memo that CZ just released a pistol that is "Improving on Perfection"?

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County

LOL! Never owned a Camry either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is not only the appropriate response, it is the PERFECT response.

btw - Didn't the OP get the memo that CZ just released a pistol that is "Improving on Perfection"?

I have shot 2 of CZ's new Glockish offerings. They have some quirks but I would take one over the Austrian offerings.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Nothing is perfect. As evidenced by the ridiculous amount of mods a lots Glock owners will do.

Modifications are done to Glocks, just like to the Ruger 10-22, not because they`re needed, but because that individual wanted to tweak something more to his/her liking. I`ve not had a Glock that had any issues or needed anything to be fixed. Other than night sights, all my Glocks are stock.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I grew up on and was issued a DA revolver as a first duty gun. Used Sig's and M9's and went on to an agency hat used Ruger and Beretta DAO so when someone that knows nothing but Glocks complain about the trigger I sort of laugh to myself A LOT.

The biggest thing with modifications to any gun is if people think they need it, (plenty of media telling them what they have to have) then they are gonna have to have it. They don't know any better.

Just an observation (and I have a couple Glocks) a lot of those same people complain about the cost of a Sig (800 ish base model) but buy a $500 Glock, get after market trigger (100) sights 85-120 which is the only thing I touched on my Glocks) after market barrel, and you have to alter the grip by removing the finger grooves or whatever.

That is why IMHO other companies are trying to three up Glock and offer their striker versions with those improvements.

Then your past what a SIG cost but whatever. I get it sometimes a de cocker is to many levers.

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Owner of LGS in Lafayette has a glock that has over 500k rounds maybe 750k. Last I heard he was going for 1 million but was planning to start string firing it. Said Glock was sending him free ammo as long as he documented everything. Pretty cool if you ask me.

However, it's still ugly and now it's road hard and put away wet. No thanks lol

Top Bottom