mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Taxes on raw ground, especially wooded, are pretty reasonable here in Indiana. It's the improvements/buildings that make the taxes go up.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Great info, thanks. Any other good tips? I read that research is key, but I don't just wanna Google everything, I bet everyone does that, and I don't wanna pay for information, how do you all find what you like to buy?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Been through this twice now, the tech bubble in early 2000's, and the real estate fiasco (largely brought on by the govt IMO). In both cases I laid low having enough cash to carry me. If I was all in stocks, I'd have to sell some to live. I prefer the low risk of cash and not sell any stocks until they bounce back. The big question is always; how long will that take. I keep quite a bit in stocks.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Awesome info. Anything other good tips? I'm really into dividend stocks.

No, I'm quite the novice at investing. Psychology I'm OK at tbough. Found a way to hard core buy the dip without leveraging myself or doing options. I'll sell if market jumps 10% to rebound this week

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    If you have not already sold, you might as well hold now. SPY may touch 260-280 range if Bernie wins today and Tuesday. I think we are using the flu as a reason to sell off to be honest. Everything was stacked against us. We had stock market overbought and at records, huge P/E's on FANG stocks, Bernie and Cornoavirus.

I sold almost all my holdings on Feb. 10th. Have been mostly cash since then, other than some trades on virus plays this week. IBIO should have been my big winner. IBIO I bought 10,000 shares at under .30.....it ran to over $3, sadly I sold it way too soon and only made couple hundred percent on it, instead of 1000%! CODX went from $3 to $20+ last week although I never bought it.

Yesterday I started buying NRZ back after selling it on the 10th....both shares and option calls for April and May I am now adding by scaling in. NRZ pays you over 10% a year in divy's, and unless you think everyone is gonna stop paying their house payments, it is a solid long term investment and you can always buy puts as insurance. I have always did well on NRZ.

Just my opinion. Right now is probably better option trading than share trading. You can make way more money on options and spend a lot less of your money than buying shares. AAPL and TSLA and MSFT puts paid big money last week, as well as SPY puts.

I added shares yesterday on a company called Advaxis (ADXS). They are developing a drug to work in combination with Keytruda on cancers and released results this week. People with a 12 month max survival are living 42 months and still going and are progression free. I am not suggesting anyone buy this unless you are a trader. This is not an investment at this point...it is a huge gamble. I am thinking they get bought out by Merck or Roche...we shall see how this plays out. I started buying this at .30 and done sold it once in $1.40 range. So I am playing for free. DO NOT BUY THIS JUST BECAUSE I DID, DO YOUR OWN DD.

If you are a long term investor, this correction was needed and if Trump wins again, this will be nothing but a small bump in the road. Look back at charts during SARS and housing crisis, dot com bubble......they always come back stronger. Get your money ready, cash is king for now......but soon that cash will double if you use it properly!

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    No, I'm quite the novice at investing. Psychology I'm OK at tbough. Found a way to hard core buy the dip without leveraging myself or doing options. I'll sell if market jumps 10% to rebound this week

You being a Dr....you should check out Advaxis and let me know what you think? I like reading data, but I'll be honest...Bio stocks are what I trade the most and understand the least, it is just way over my head.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I was talking to some people at work on Friday. They were all in a panic and talking about moving their money around in their 401Ks. I told them I was looking at putting more money in the market and buying more because you are supposed to buy low and sell high. Besides that I have another 20 - 25 years, so I will make up any losses that happen now over the next 25 years.

So I am not worried yet.

Though I am buying more silver lately, but that is because I think it will go up eventually.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    As the saying goes "buy when there is blood in the streets". I don't know if Friday was the blow off but maybe. There was buying at the end of the day and before the weekend at that looks like a good sign to me. I might get into an stock ETF on Monday with 20% of my MM cash.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As the saying goes "buy when there is blood in the streets". I don't know if Friday was the blow off but maybe. There was buying at the end of the day and before the weekend at that looks like a good sign to me. I might get into an stock ETF on Monday with 20% of my MM cash.

SPXL or DUSL :):

I plan to sell if msrket goes up 5-10%

I overnighted a check for my SEP IRA account. Hope to get it in Wednesday

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Some will say correction and some will say coronavirus fear and others may say panic sell off. One of the wildest ideas I've heard is this is a smear campaign against trump along with pushing an agenda for a unified currency.
    As for over-valued, yes there are quite a few that are way above their multiple. Do your homework and you can find them.
    As for the ETFs, they are good vehicles for parking money. But as you can see in this down-trend they are affected as well.
    Most people did as most do when the stocks fall, they went to gold. That was good at first but didn't last. No solid hikes on BTC either.

I have some GLD and I'm also in VOO. I got in on SPCE when it was in the 10s and got out 150% up. SPCE is the only play right now for space tourism. Wait till Musk takes SpaceX public.

For now I see the plays being in biopharm. GILD and Moderna. They are on the frontlines of a vaccine. You could play BIIB also for the vaccine. Remote operations companies will start to gain traction. Cisco, Ring Central, ATT, etc. People will be working more from home with the virus fears.

The way to go in all this would be options. You can rake it in from the calls on most of the sectors. If you've never traded options, just watch a couple "basics" videos on UTube. Stick to the fundamentals of strategy you have for stocks and apply it to options.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    SPXL or DUSL :):

I plan to sell if msrket goes up 5-10%

I overnighted a check for my SEP IRA account. Hope to get it in Wednesday

Check out the post from BugI02 regarding VYM. It's a good one. There are other Vanguard Total ETFs that are good. Do your homework on what suits your needs.
    What brokerage do you have your SEP IRA at? Maybe move over to TD Ameritrade if you're not there already. They have terrific trading tools on their TOS platform.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    GET OUT!! Seriously.

If you still can.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-concerns.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus
    The New York Stock Exchange is considering shutting its trading floor amid panic the spread of coronavirus could lead to a global economic disaster.
    'NYSE preparing for possibility floor can't open amid panic,' Fox News reporter Charles Gasparino tweeted just before the markets closed on Friday.
    Wall Street firms are also restricting travel and telling employees they may have to work from home, Gaparino said.

Do not think for a second it will not happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom