• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/d...nkruptcy-filings-soar-financial-crisis-levels

commercial%20bank%20loan%20delinquency%20rate_3.jpg

weekly%20bankruptcies.jpg

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Markets have been tough this week. Sold some penny stock that ended up not doing much of anything. Took very small profits and increased my positions on the dips of larger corp stocks

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Today's drop triggered 52 orders for a net $4256 into the market, ALSN, BIIB, JAZZ were to biggest portion.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not sure how you ended up on INO, but I sold all but 100 shares. Waiting to see where the price settles out.

:yesway:

Looks like the scenario I cautioned about yesterday with the cruise stocks came true this morning! CCL down 20%, NCLH down 23%. You did well anyhow, doc!

Like others have said, you only lose when you sell, and I'm only down 10% right now on CCL vs. not much more than a break even yesterday, so, I'm still in it. But... This is a reaffirmation that I need to look at options trading more carefully in the future.

But... at least my INO stock is on a rip again. My average is stupidly poor since I sold at a nice profit and then foolishly got back in. $10... We'll see what happens.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    INO is on fire for some reason. I bought in at $7.50 and sold options for $23, only to see the stock rocket to over $30. So I'm losing $700 in opportunity for each contract sold at $23, even though I made a nice gain.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    With the explosion of cases in certain states, I decided to cut my losses and get out of the market. The only stock I had left was Six Flags (SIX). I was -$1,100 for the year, and after buying back a Dec 2020 option and selling the 100 shares I had, I'm now -$1,000 for the year. I figured it was better to have that $1,800 in cash because of the unknowns. When it benefits the corporation to go ahead and declare bankruptcy, they'll do so. In normal times, in a true "free" market country, I'd short the cruise stocks, hotels, malls, airlines, etc.. However, I just can't trust our government not to once again come in and interfere with the market.

I'm hoarding cash for now.

Firearms related, I believe Trump is done. So I'm focused on purchasing higher capacity magazines and trying to find any gun store that has a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 G19 mag version in stock. I figure if Trump's re-election looks pretty bleak, we'll see a huge run on semi-auto rifles and higher capacity magazines. I don't think an outright ban is coming. What is coming is another "assault" weapons ban, that will ban future sales of semi-auto, magazine fed rifles and likely magazine capacities over ten rounds. There will likely be parts that allow people to transfer whatever is owned now to certain relatives. Plus, liability laws will be changed to basically make it very risky to manufacture and sell any type of firearm, and possibly even ammo. Not sure how long the courts will back limited liability for firearm and ammo manufacturers.

For investing, I'd need the market to really take a huge hit and have to see something being done about the country's debt load, among governments and households. The country is drunk on debt and the amount is rapidly approaching insolvency even if we had a 110% tax rate. I'm now looking at just paying off my house, then banking a sizable amount, then depending on where I'm at in life, the only thing I see worth investing in now is low occupancy housing. This might be something like a loft or one bedroom vacation rental (think cabin in the mountains) or small one bedroom home, but only if the price makes sense and it is something near where I'm living at that time.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With the explosion of cases in certain states, I decided to cut my losses and get out of the market. The only stock I had left was Six Flags (SIX). I was -$1,100 for the year, and after buying back a Dec 2020 option and selling the 100 shares I had, I'm now -$1,000 for the year. I figured it was better to have that $1,800 in cash because of the unknowns. When it benefits the corporation to go ahead and declare bankruptcy, they'll do so. In normal times, in a true "free" market country, I'd short the cruise stocks, hotels, malls, airlines, etc.. However, I just can't trust our government not to once again come in and interfere with the market.

I'm hoarding cash for now.

Firearms related, I believe Trump is done. So I'm focused on purchasing higher capacity magazines and trying to find any gun store that has a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 G19 mag version in stock. I figure if Trump's re-election looks pretty bleak, we'll see a huge run on semi-auto rifles and higher capacity magazines. I don't think an outright ban is coming. What is coming is another "assault" weapons ban, that will ban future sales of semi-auto, magazine fed rifles and likely magazine capacities over ten rounds. There will likely be parts that allow people to transfer whatever is owned now to certain relatives. Plus, liability laws will be changed to basically make it very risky to manufacture and sell any type of firearm, and possibly even ammo. Not sure how long the courts will back limited liability for firearm and ammo manufacturers.

For investing, I'd need the market to really take a huge hit and have to see something being done about the country's debt load, among governments and households. The country is drunk on debt and the amount is rapidly approaching insolvency even if we had a 110% tax rate. I'm now looking at just paying off my house, then banking a sizable amount, then depending on where I'm at in life, the only thing I see worth investing in now is low occupancy housing. This might be something like a loft or one bedroom vacation rental (think cabin in the mountains) or small one bedroom home, but only if the price makes sense and it is something near where I'm living at that time.

I do not share your confidence that Democrats will acknowledge any limits on infringement of the 2A if they prevail, thus I'm paying more attention to sales with no paper and doing business in state and FTF

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Done that all my life :)

I am thinking it may be now or never on suppressors though.

I do not share your confidence that Democrats will acknowledge any limits on infringement of the 2A if they prevail, thus I'm paying more attention to sales with no paper and doing business in state and FTF

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just realized this morning Briggs and Stratton has filed for bankruptcy.

Last B&S powered mower only lasted us 2yrs before going out. I was religious about checking the oil and changing on schedule. Went to a Honda powered mower and going on 5yrs now.

So doesn't surprise me.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Last B&S powered mower only lasted us 2yrs before going out. I was religious about checking the oil and changing on schedule. Went to a Honda powered mower and going on 5yrs now.
    So doesn't surprise me.

Right, their lower end engines were chinese junk. They decided to sell their good name for profit by marketing that crap and it cost them. Very predictable outcome.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So any of you have any thoughts about where we are headed? I had a very tough good week. A couple of weeks ago I bought 5000 shares of PRPO around $1.25 sold most of it when it spiked to $1.60's....only to have it go to $8 a few days after I sold it. I also had KODK I bought in the $3's.....scalped it for $1-2 profit to watch it go to $70+ when Trump mentioned it! Those 2 trades almost made me walk away from trading. Really made me mad seeing that kind of money just slip out of my hands. It is like throwing a big winning lottery ticket in the trash! That would have been life changing for me. PRPO alone was $35,000 missed.....and KODK was $135,000! Granted, I would have never held KODK to the high, but still makes me sick thinking about what could have been! I have to learn to scale out.....I just have a hard time selling part and holding part. Can't make my head do the right thing.

Right now I am still in NRZ. I have gotten into a very large position on it. I am getting very nervous holding it with this stimulus halt(I expected a deal to exit).....starting to wonder if people may lose homes in this mess. I have started adding option calls on NRZ and may look to step out of shares soon (depending on stimulus) and just hold options on it until closer to next dividend announcement.

I also am very deep in ADXS, I have tens of thousands of shares of this.....very risky but I honestly think it can pay me 100-1000%+ quickly.....worth the risk to me. Enter a sell order when you buy it so you can lock profits when it pops. They have news that should get released in next couple of weeks but make sure you sell when it pops....because it could fall just as quick. DO NOT BUY AFTER IT POPS. This one has insider games happening. Warrants waiting at $1.25....and no way them fat cats are gonna let that $25 million walk away. This is a cancer company working with Merck and others....I have played it expecting partner/buyout but it has not materialized. Probably my most risky play right now. Trials have helped keep people alive 5+ years that should have died within 16 months. Trials ongoing but not very many patients in study...hard to find late stage cancer patients that have not already tried other treatments, which interferes with current study. Management kind of crooked.

My newest addition is CHEK. CHEK is a company that has a way of doing colonoscopy without you having to clean out before hand. It can do a colonoscopy thru poop. You eat the "scanner" like a pill and wear a little scanner on your back....then the "pill" moves thru your system as the scanner does a sonar of your colon. Then Dr. reads the scan. They should be getting FDA approval soon, I hope. This is a very high risk, very high reward play, it is a gamble not an investment...so take profits when you can. So don't go buy this unless you can 1. Afford to lose your money 2. Are prepared to lose your money.

My only other stock right now is ARPO. I am playing it simply off charts. I have no idea what they even do (drug company) or how much cash they have, I purely bought it because the chart looks to be at support and curling happening and they should have some fluff news soon. I didn't put much into this and will sell on first pop.

I am only up about 20-25% this year (been so scared) .....I am hoping and praying for a good fall to at least get me to 40-50% for year. My goal was 100%.......but I am losing faith on that. I'll be honest, after being down 30% in March....I feel blessed about being up 25%. China destroyed me.

How about you guys. Thoughts on where we have been and where we are headed?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just realized this morning Briggs and Stratton has filed for bankruptcy.

Seeing as lawn mowers are in short supply, it being a sellers market, it made me wonder that perhaps restructuring and going back into the manufacturing end of business.
    Beats me. I just know that the globaloney republithugs and dummycrats have proved we can't make a living not creating wealth and that we'd better go to work.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So any of you have any thoughts about where we are headed? I had a very tough good week. A couple of weeks ago I bought 5000 shares of PRPO around $1.25 sold most of it when it spiked to $1.60's....only to have it go to $8 a few days after I sold it. I also had KODK I bought in the $3's.....scalped it for $1-2 profit to watch it go to $70+ when Trump mentioned it! Those 2 trades almost made me walk away from trading. Really made me mad seeing that kind of money just slip out of my hands. It is like throwing a big winning lottery ticket in the trash! That would have been life changing for me. PRPO alone was $35,000 missed.....and KODK was $135,000! Granted, I would have never held KODK to the high, but still makes me sick thinking about what could have been! I have to learn to scale out.....I just have a hard time selling part and holding part. Can't make my head do the right thing.

Right now I am still in NRZ. I have gotten into a very large position on it. I am getting very nervous holding it with this stimulus halt(I expected a deal to exit).....starting to wonder if people may lose homes in this mess. I have started adding option calls on NRZ and may look to step out of shares soon (depending on stimulus) and just hold options on it until closer to next dividend announcement.

I also am very deep in ADXS, I have tens of thousands of shares of this.....very risky but I honestly think it can pay me 100-1000%+ quickly.....worth the risk to me. Enter a sell order when you buy it so you can lock profits when it pops. They have news that should get released in next couple of weeks but make sure you sell when it pops....because it could fall just as quick. DO NOT BUY AFTER IT POPS. This one has insider games happening. Warrants waiting at $1.25....and no way them fat cats are gonna let that $25 million walk away. This is a cancer company working with Merck and others....I have played it expecting partner/buyout but it has not materialized. Probably my most risky play right now. Trials have helped keep people alive 5+ years that should have died within 16 months. Trials ongoing but not very many patients in study...hard to find late stage cancer patients that have not already tried other treatments, which interferes with current study. Management kind of crooked.

My newest addition is CHEK. CHEK is a company that has a way of doing colonoscopy without you having to clean out before hand. It can do a colonoscopy thru poop. You eat the "scanner" like a pill and wear a little scanner on your back....then the "pill" moves thru your system as the scanner does a sonar of your colon. Then Dr. reads the scan. They should be getting FDA approval soon, I hope. This is a very high risk, very high reward play, it is a gamble not an investment...so take profits when you can. So don't go buy this unless you can 1. Afford to lose your money 2. Are prepared to lose your money.

My only other stock right now is ARPO. I am playing it simply off charts. I have no idea what they even do (drug company) or how much cash they have, I purely bought it because the chart looks to be at support and curling happening and they should have some fluff news soon. I didn't put much into this and will sell on first pop.

I am only up about 20-25% this year (been so scared) .....I am hoping and praying for a good fall to at least get me to 40-50% for year. My goal was 100%.......but I am losing faith on that. I'll be honest, after being down 30% in March....I feel blessed about being up 25%. China destroyed me.

How about you guys. Thoughts on where we have been and where we are headed?
    Some people say a crash is coming. I dont see it happening.
    I'm not selling anything. I've been watching everything climb that I own and it's been amazing.
    I'm not selling anything only investing more.
    I think once trump is reelected we will see a huge spike again.

I do this for some entertainment. For my real investing I have a guy in Texas right now. But that's going to change here soon.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Some people say a crash is coming. I dont see it happening.
    I'm not selling anything. I've been watching everything climb that I own and it's been amazing.
    I'm not selling anything only investing more.
    I think once trump is reelected we will see a huge spike again.

I do this for some entertainment. For my real investing I have a guy in Texas right now. But that's going to change here soon.

This is exactly how I feel. Everything I have is up, some way up - (except for some Ford which I have had for years).
    I'm not a very "active" trader compared to many, I don't want to watch stocks all the time anymore. I used to day trade and that takes more effort than I am willing to do now. I just try to buy low and sit on them. I bought a bunch when everything was low and I hope to be buying more at election time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom