• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Some people say a crash is coming. I dont see it happening.
    I'm not selling anything. I've been watching everything climb that I own and it's been amazing.
    I'm not selling anything only investing more.
    I think once trump is reelected we will see a huge spike again.

I do this for some entertainment. For my real investing I have a guy in Texas right now. But that's going to change here soon.

This is exactly how I feel. Everything I have is up, some way up - (except for some Ford which I have had for years).
    I'm not a very "active" trader compared to many, I don't want to watch stocks all the time anymore. I used to day trade and that takes more effort than I am willing to do now. I just try to buy low and sit on them. I bought a bunch when everything was low and I hope to be buying more at election time.

I sure like your guys optimistic spirit! I have really been down on the market here of late, so many political games it has been messing up my mojo. I too think Trump wins the elections......I just need to chill out and enjoy the show. You both just cheered me up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So any of you have any thoughts about where we are headed? I had a very tough good week. A couple of weeks ago I bought 5000 shares of PRPO around $1.25 sold most of it when it spiked to $1.60's....only to have it go to $8 a few days after I sold it. I also had KODK I bought in the $3's.....scalped it for $1-2 profit to watch it go to $70+ when Trump mentioned it! Those 2 trades almost made me walk away from trading. Really made me mad seeing that kind of money just slip out of my hands. It is like throwing a big winning lottery ticket in the trash! That would have been life changing for me. PRPO alone was $35,000 missed.....and KODK was $135,000! Granted, I would have never held KODK to the high, but still makes me sick thinking about what could have been! I have to learn to scale out.....I just have a hard time selling part and holding part. Can't make my head do the right thing.

Right now I am still in NRZ. I have gotten into a very large position on it. I am getting very nervous holding it with this stimulus halt(I expected a deal to exit).....starting to wonder if people may lose homes in this mess. I have started adding option calls on NRZ and may look to step out of shares soon (depending on stimulus) and just hold options on it until closer to next dividend announcement.

I also am very deep in ADXS, I have tens of thousands of shares of this.....very risky but I honestly think it can pay me 100-1000%+ quickly.....worth the risk to me. Enter a sell order when you buy it so you can lock profits when it pops. They have news that should get released in next couple of weeks but make sure you sell when it pops....because it could fall just as quick. DO NOT BUY AFTER IT POPS. This one has insider games happening. Warrants waiting at $1.25....and no way them fat cats are gonna let that $25 million walk away. This is a cancer company working with Merck and others....I have played it expecting partner/buyout but it has not materialized. Probably my most risky play right now. Trials have helped keep people alive 5+ years that should have died within 16 months. Trials ongoing but not very many patients in study...hard to find late stage cancer patients that have not already tried other treatments, which interferes with current study. Management kind of crooked.

My newest addition is CHEK. CHEK is a company that has a way of doing colonoscopy without you having to clean out before hand. It can do a colonoscopy thru poop. You eat the "scanner" like a pill and wear a little scanner on your back....then the "pill" moves thru your system as the scanner does a sonar of your colon. Then Dr. reads the scan. They should be getting FDA approval soon, I hope. This is a very high risk, very high reward play, it is a gamble not an investment...so take profits when you can. So don't go buy this unless you can 1. Afford to lose your money 2. Are prepared to lose your money.

My only other stock right now is ARPO. I am playing it simply off charts. I have no idea what they even do (drug company) or how much cash they have, I purely bought it because the chart looks to be at support and curling happening and they should have some fluff news soon. I didn't put much into this and will sell on first pop.

I am only up about 20-25% this year (been so scared) .....I am hoping and praying for a good fall to at least get me to 40-50% for year. My goal was 100%.......but I am losing faith on that. I'll be honest, after being down 30% in March....I feel blessed about being up 25%. China destroyed me.

How about you guys. Thoughts on where we have been and where we are headed?

Randy, that is downright scary (but I think I now know what's propping up the market)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Buying ORAN and TKC premarket.

You still in these? I have been following them since you posted. I still can't find out what ORAN even is......but TKC is a nice trader. Not huge movement, but consistent. Seems every morning it drops than rises thru the day, .15-.25. Not much dollar wise, but % wise, you do 3% a day, 5 days a week for a month......and you got 50-60% gain in a month! What is TKC ?

I had one of my best days ever today. Woke up and at 7:33 was being alerted to a TOPS dip on the reverse split.......bought a bunch at $1, sold it 15 minutes later for $1.50.....left some profit there though, seeing how it closed at 1.72, ouch! Sellers remorse. Quick 50% in 15 minutes though. Then NRZ decided it wanted to start moving....got took out on a GTC sell order at $8.45 for half my shares. I expected it to drop back and test $8-8.16 for a test of support, at which time I planned to buy it all back.....but it never retraced. Hoping for a dip tomorrow to add back what I sold. I did buy NRZ $9 August calls @ .08 just for insurance, this way if it runs before I can buy back them shares, I will cash in the calls. The one I keep waiting on and holding is ADXS...that turd may never go. Also been adding CHEK for a longer swing...they have a way to do non invasive colonoscopy that's about to get FDA approved I think.

I love this game. I can honestly say I am addicted to stocks....and I am serious, it's bad! The rush and excitement and fear when I enter a trade is amazing, but when it works out right, that feeling at exit is hard to beat. When it goes bad, it ruins me for days.

Hope you guys are recovering from that March hit. Market starting to scare me a little. Big ole bubble.....but I honestly think this bubble gets bigger before it pops, but who knows...could pop tomorrow and us be back down.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I got into NRZ at $3.46 - still holding.

Man, that is awesome. Did you own it before I mentioned it? What is your plan....you going to hold it long term for dividend or just kind of swinging it? Until today NRZ was my biggest position. I really think it is headed back to $10+ by EoY and into the mid teens by EoY 2021. You know, if a guy just had 10K shares of this, and it gets back to $2 a year divy, that's $20,000 a year in free money, or another 1000-1500 free shares a year if you drip them....now compound that divy. 5 years you could have 17-18K shares and be collecting $34,000 a year divy or 2000-2500 shares. That was my retirement plan before Covid and March hit. I got wiped out...but the good thing is, I made all my losses back and own 3-4 times as many shares as I did when it was $16. My goal is to have 20K shares when I turn 59 1/2 and retire on them. I have older friends who owned 10's of thousands of shares of this stock and depended on it as income. They didnt sell when it crashed in March. I feel terrible for them because they not only lost net worth in share price, but now they lost huge income from the divy cut. I hope it gets back to normal just so they recover. They are my mentors online, in their 70's and are very smart, but they got hit hard. I hope they live to see it rise again. Now you got me wishing I hadn't sold some of mine, think I will buy it back at 7am, lol. I just talked myself into it. I only sold because I got tired of seeing it pop every day and me be up thousands then by end of day back to even, so today I decided I would scalp it and dammit, it never fell.

Sorry to be so long winded.....I could talk stocks for hours!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Man, that is awesome. Did you own it before I mentioned it? What is your plan....you going to hold it long term for dividend or just kind of swinging it? Until today NRZ was my biggest position. I really think it is headed back to $10+ by EoY and into the mid teens by EoY 2021. You know, if a guy just had 10K shares of this, and it gets back to $2 a year divy, that's $20,000 a year in free money, or another 1000-1500 free shares a year if you drip them....now compound that divy. 5 years you could have 17-18K shares and be collecting $34,000 a year divy or 2000-2500 shares. That was my retirement plan before Covid and March hit. I got wiped out...but the good thing is, I made all my losses back and own 3-4 times as many shares as I did when it was $16. My goal is to have 20K shares when I turn 59 1/2 and retire on them. I have older friends who owned 10's of thousands of shares of this stock and depended on it as income. They didnt sell when it crashed in March. I feel terrible for them because they not only lost net worth in share price, but now they lost huge income from the divy cut. I hope it gets back to normal just so they recover. They are my mentors online, in their 70's and are very smart, but they got hit hard. I hope they live to see it rise again. Now you got me wishing I hadn't sold some of mine, think I will buy it back at 7am, lol. I just talked myself into it. I only sold because I got tired of seeing it pop every day and me be up thousands then by end of day back to even, so today I decided I would scalp it and dammit, it never fell.

Sorry to be so long winded.....I could talk stocks for hours!

I might have bought it because you mentioned it here or because I was looking for some dividend stocks. I really can't remember.
    Just checked - I bought it on April 6. I was buying a lot of stuff back then because I thought everything was cheap. I'm normally not a very active trader but I even opened a second account back then and went on a buying spree. I was a bad boy and didn't do my research either - I just had to believe everything was going to go up. It has worked out very well too - everything is up.

I did avoid cruise lines and airlines so I probably missed out on that.

I'm probably just going to hold NRZ long term along with almost everything else. One thing I might get rid of is a bunch of EIX because it is pretty blah. I got in at $46.80 so it is up a little but I think I will sell it this winter after the fire season liability is over.
    I'm 71 now, at least until later this month, and I don't depend on stocks. Any gains will just be more to leave to the son and grandson.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. I just bought them for the dividends at what I thought were attractive prices. They are both foreign telecoms. ORAN is Orange, a French company and TKC is a Turkish company.

My trading horizon is usually months to years focusing on trends. Right now, alternative energy especially solar and electric vehicle related stocks. SPWR, JKS, DQ, CSIQ, and PLUG have done really well for me. I sell a portion of my holdings on strong up moves and buy the pullbacks usually while also using trailing stop losses but keep maintaining a position.

You still in these? I have been following them since you posted. I still can't find out what ORAN even is......but TKC is a nice trader. Not huge movement, but consistent. Seems every morning it drops than rises thru the day, .15-.25. Not much dollar wise, but % wise, you do 3% a day, 5 days a week for a month......and you got 50-60% gain in a month! What is TKC ?

I had one of my best days ever today. Woke up and at 7:33 was being alerted to a TOPS dip on the reverse split.......bought a bunch at $1, sold it 15 minutes later for $1.50.....left some profit there though, seeing how it closed at 1.72, ouch! Sellers remorse. Quick 50% in 15 minutes though. Then NRZ decided it wanted to start moving....got took out on a GTC sell order at $8.45 for half my shares. I expected it to drop back and test $8-8.16 for a test of support, at which time I planned to buy it all back.....but it never retraced. Hoping for a dip tomorrow to add back what I sold. I did buy NRZ $9 August calls @ .08 just for insurance, this way if it runs before I can buy back them shares, I will cash in the calls. The one I keep waiting on and holding is ADXS...that turd may never go. Also been adding CHEK for a longer swing...they have a way to do non invasive colonoscopy that's about to get FDA approved I think.

I love this game. I can honestly say I am addicted to stocks....and I am serious, it's bad! The rush and excitement and fear when I enter a trade is amazing, but when it works out right, that feeling at exit is hard to beat. When it goes bad, it ruins me for days.

Hope you guys are recovering from that March hit. Market starting to scare me a little. Big ole bubble.....but I honestly think this bubble gets bigger before it pops, but who knows...could pop tomorrow and us be back down.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Buying WMT and HD before earnings looks like it may have been a good move.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I've got a spaq I've been watching for about 3 weeks and locked in a position this morning. It's SRAC. Stable Road Acquisition. They have a couple other funds being traded as well and have to look into the consolidation when they bring Momentus public. Momentus is a last mile delivery service for space. So they have customers like Nasa, SpaceX, Virgin Galactic, etc. and help with delivering payloads of materials to space. So the ISS or maybe the moon. I've been watching this small sector and see there is very few players and the long term prospect is very nice. Virgin(SPCE) is one of the only players thats trading. Aside from Boeing but they are more Airliner, not star ship. Blue Horizon hasnt gotten off the ground yet, Virgin either but closer than them. SpaceX had chatter about going public but doubt they will since the current mission is Mars and not tourism. As for Momentus, I see them having sales rev from all the above and some yet to be involved. And since all this is brand new still, there is a lot of room to run. At $10 a share it's not a bad entry point for a long term play.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think Trump is going to win. I looked at the options and couldn't really see way to make a big gain with a 5% move in the market in two weeks, to where it would cancel out my loss on the other side. I think people are expecting a lot of volatility. So I just put the money into VOO as a safer idea. I'll put a few hundred on an options bet for a win to have some fun.

I bought Nov 9 calls for 338, $3.90/contract. go trump! If it goes up 5% by then the contracts should be worth about $16.90. wish me luck. But with my history it'll probably be worth $0.05

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I was thinking there might be a buying opportunity right after the election when Trump wins but now I doubt if this election will have results like past elections.
    I think it will get real ugly with no immediate decision with late vote counting, dumocrap voting fraud, riots, court cases, etc. I wonder if it will even be decided this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom