Stock vs Pistol Brace: What's the real difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    So you buy all the reports that the leftists media say? Those that want to defeat the NRA. So you are willing to cut off your nose to spite your face. Got it.
    Nope, I watch alot of videos produced by Armed Scholar, American Firearms Association, Guns and Gadgets, IraqVeteran8888 and others, and then there is the NRA's past record of not standing up for all things 2A and the obvious fleecing of their members by the elected officials. I was a member for several years until I got tired of it and decided to put my money where I felt it would serve my interests better.
    I trust the main stream media about as far as I can throw any government official. I don't care if it's CNN or Fox News, Democrat or Republican. They all have an agenda they are pushing and they don't seem to care how it affects the common folks who will eventually have to pay for that agenda.
    You're entitled to your opinion and how you form it, just the same as I am entitled to mine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope, I watch alot of videos produced by Armed Scholar, American Firearms Association, Guns and Gadgets, IraqVeteran8888 and others, and then there is the NRA's past record of not standing up for all things 2A and the obvious fleecing of their members by the elected officials. I was a member for several years until I got tired of it and decided to put my money where I felt it would serve my interests better.
    I trust the main stream media about as far as I can throw any government official. I don't care if it's CNN or Fox News, Democrat or Republican. They all have an agenda they are pushing and they don't seem to care how it affects the common folks who will eventually have to pay for that agenda.
    You're entitled to your opinion and how you form it, just the same as I am entitled to mine.
    I agree with this but I also believe that the catalyst for all this against the NRA was started by the NY AG who wants to take down the NRA, through leaks to media, that divide those supporters of 2A rights…

As evidenced by our disagreement and those sources you cited. That was their plan to weaken us. Like it or not the NRA is our swamp monster and we must have a swamp monster to navigate the swamp...

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Oh I agree with you there. The NY AG and the Left are for sure using the NRA's misdeeds against them to try to take them down. I am sure that GOA and FPC have their own skeletons too. I still support 2A organizations, I just chose to go another route. GOA seems to be more effective right now at combatting the attacks from the Left, but I do hope the NRA can get clear of this and get some new leadership and become the great organization they used to be.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    I agree with this but I also believe that the catalyst for all this against the NRA was started by the NY AG who wants to take down the NRA, through leaks to media, that divide those supporters of 2A rights…

As evidenced by our disagreement and those sources you cited. That was their plan to weaken us. Like it or not the NRA is our swamp monster and we must have a swamp monster to navigate the swamp...
    While I generally agree with you about the need for a swamp monster, the fact that the NRA leadership and BOD are structured in a way to keep out people who actually want to reform the organization and make it more responsive to its membership, it doesn't give me a lot of hope for them as an organization. GOA, FPC, and others are proving to be as effective in their lobbying, and are more than willing to take on the court cases the NRA won't touch.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    and others are proving to be as effective in their lobbying, and are more than willing to take on the court cases the NRA won't touch
    It is just not true they are as effective in their lobbying. Got any proof? You think Mitch McConnell will even take their call like he will the NRA? As for the lawsuits each has their lane and they do not double up and often the NRA helps with the cases.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    It is just not true they are as effective in their lobbying. Got any proof? You think Mitch McConnell will even take their call like he will the NRA? As for the lawsuits each has their lane and they do not double up and often the NRA helps with the cases.
    I'd point to all the recent shenanigans with pistol braces, redefinition of receivers, form 1 denials/requests for additional information, diversified machine, etc. The NRA has been (as far as I can see) is "leading from behind" on these issues, while ASA, FPC, GOA, and more have been leading the charge. Each of those organizations has made it simpler than ever to deliver pointed communications directly to our representatives, making lobbying a more solidly grass roots affair. This is evidenced by the fact that these other organizations have already established email/phone call campaigns before the NRAILA has even made a blog post about it (ASA had form 1 "contact your rep" on it's site on 3/4, with tens of thousands of emails having already been sent before the NRAILA even broached the subject on 3/7). GOA managed to secure internal technical bulletins, have them published, and have at least one US senator on board demanding answers, posted to their press releases on 3/11; while the NRA didn't touch it until after 200+ representatives had signed on, putting out their press release thanking those representatives on 3/28.

Frankly, the NRA has been more concerned with their membership funds growing than actually working to combat the creep of of Gun Control for at least as long as I've been able to vote. At this point they're trading on their name and history instead of their current work. in that regard, they remind me a lot of remington; a standard bearer for my father's generation that fell into disrepair because of mismanagement. I think all of us want to see the NRA and Remington make a comeback, but quite a few of us are waiting to see proof of some change before we jump back on board with either of them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'd point to all the recent shenanigans with pistol braces, redefinition of receivers, form 1 denials/requests for additional information, diversified machine, etc. The NRA has been (as far as I can see) is "leading from behind" on these issues, while ASA, FPC, GOA, and more have been leading the charge. Each of those organizations has made it simpler than ever to deliver pointed communications directly to our representatives, making lobbying a more solidly grass roots affair. This is evidenced by the fact that these other organizations have already established email/phone call campaigns before the NRAILA has even made a blog post about it (ASA had form 1 "contact your rep" on it's site on 3/4, with tens of thousands of emails having already been sent before the NRAILA even broached the subject on 3/7). GOA managed to secure internal technical bulletins, have them published, and have at least one US senator on board demanding answers, posted to their press releases on 3/11; while the NRA didn't touch it until after 200+ representatives had signed on, putting out their press release thanking those representatives on 3/28.

Frankly, the NRA has been more concerned with their membership funds growing than actually working to combat the creep of of Gun Control for at least as long as I've been able to vote. At this point they're trading on their name and history instead of their current work. in that regard, they remind me a lot of remington; a standard bearer for my father's generation that fell into disrepair because of mismanagement. I think all of us want to see the NRA and Remington make a comeback, but quite a few of us are waiting to see proof of some change before we jump back on board with either of them.
    One question, who did you vote for in the NRA board elections?

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    One question, who did you vote for in the NRA board elections?
    I'm not allowed to vote for the BOD; I maintained my annual membership for 3 years, then let it lapse in part because of all the ****ery going on with the board. I'm personally not a fan of WLP, and after seeing the board move to table all discussion of any possible misconduct I said they will not see another penny from me until there is wholesale change. I no longer participate in the round-up program, I won't renew my membership, and I will actively shop elsewhere if any company says they're sending proceeds to the NRA. I do maintain annual memberships with GOA, FPC, and the ASA, and plan to do so for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom