• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Looks like it's going to be nasty for Indiana tonight.I know down here in Jennings,Jackson county we are under a tornado watch already..

Everyone be careful tonight and hope Indiana doesn't get hit like other states have in the past few days.News is saying 60-80 mph wind gust expected.

Stay safe :ingo:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Radar is about as bad as can be with bow and hook echos up and down the storm. Lots of large hail as well.

Good luck INGO community riding this one out!

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I know they like to put out warnings like crazy nowaday's but with the recent outbreaks please take the warnings seriously tonight and maybe INGO members can post what is coming down in there area so others that may live a few towns away or what not get word of what to expect in there general area.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    We are under a warning already. Storms are just now hitting the state line. The sky is all lit up with rippling flashes of lightning up in the clouds but there is no thunder.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Tornado sirens just went off here @ 10:20PM.... NW Indy, near Eagle Creek Range. -Lee :popcorn:

Doppler radar shows heavy red arch in the squall line headed right for the "Circle City"....

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Round two.... Had some marble sized hail for about 30 seconds...(of course not enough to get a new car out of...wish the damn tree would just fall already...)

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    We had tornado siren activation with the Tornado Warning. Within about 5 minutes the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and the wind and rain came quickly. I would say 30-50mph gusts for about 5 minutes with heavy rain. Now it’s just raining with thunder and lightening.

Reports of light structural damage around the city (siding, roofing, etc) with multiple reports of trees and power lines down across the county.

Never lost power and no hail that I know of.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Batten down the hatches!

It was very calm 10 minutes ago near Southport. At 10:45 wind is beginning to pick up. Ugly looking radar! We might get some rain!

Edit: At 11:00 it's raining fairly hard but not a lot wind!

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    right in the dead center of the red on the radar in bloomington. a little bit of hail a bit smaller than a pea and a lot of rain moderate lighting and low rumbles. I still have satellite it can't be that bad. back to sports

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm praying for hail. Big hail. Daddy needs a new roof and undeniable hail damage would certainly be welcome.

Have to admit this was one of my first thoughts too.

Things are calming down in Evansville. The heavy stuff went through the northern part of the county. Bad news for northern Posey, Gibson and Pike.

Top Bottom