• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Terrance woke up just after sunrise as is his usual Sunday routine he stripped his bed as soon as he was out of it and started some laundry. Bed linens he loved to dry on the line outside. After checking the weather forecast from his phone he decided it would be great to leave the linens on the line and go to brunch. He could take them down when he came back.

After the laundry was going he figured he should probably get after the floors. The only rooms which had carpet were the two bedrooms and the gun room. The gun room carpet was simple indoor outdoor stuff and generally was changed every couple of years due to stains and or just wear. The bedroom on the other hand was a lighter color deep weave that felt great barefoot. Problem was, Terrance wore mostly dark socks and the fuzzy lint from them left little crumbs all over the light shaded carpet and always bothered him. Alia’s room hadn't even had the door open since she left for school and out of habit she always cleaned everything just before leaving so it was only his bedroom and the hardwood floors that needed attention. The bathroom got mopped as well. Kitchen, living room and hallway all get Swiffer mopped.

After putting everything away and marveling at his clean house he decided he better get a move on and get himself cleaned up for the brunch apology from the rather attractive Ms. Grisom.

Walking out of the bedroom Terrance asked himself if this meeting warranted getting out Ms. Kitty. Of course it did. He made sure Knotty was ok and grabbed the keys and walked out the door setting the alarm on the way out.

Once on the road with the Hellcat pushing him into his seat Terrance felt like things weren’t going so bad. He pulled into the diner a few minutes early. He took the time to text Alia and tell her good morning and to apologize for going dark. He was sure she was still asleep. Terrance looked over the gauges and shut the engine off watching their needles fall.

Terrance got out of the car about the time Ms. Grisom pulled up, he was out away from the building and she parked right near the front. He watched her walk into the diner, her pretty pocket jeans accentuated her curvy behind. He muttered to himself, trouble, big trouble and he walked to the door.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Terrance joined Ms. Grisom in the corner booth right of the door. After the pleasantries and calling her Ms. Grisom they sat and made small talk while the waitress took their order, Ms. Grisom would have the country skillet, a big bowl of all of the essential breakfast foods, eggs, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy over hash browns and a biscuit topped with cheese. Just about 1,500 calories and tons of fat.. Terrance giggled as she finished her order with white toast lightly buttered and strawberry jam. Coffee and OJ too. As usual Terrance had two eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage links and a side of bacon with white toast also lightly buttered with strawberry jam but he asked for OJ and chocolate milk.

Once the waitress walked away Terrance didn’t waste any time getting to the point. So, Ms. Grisom, she interrupted to insist that he call her Diana, ok, Diana, what is it your group wants with me? Her answer was direct and to the point. “We want you to build us a hangar.” To which he responded “ok, I do that all the time, why all the cloak and dagger?” Diana replied, “We are a very well funded, well balanced group with intense planning and secrecy.”Terrance thought for a second, the waitress brought their drinks pausing the conversation.

“Secrecy isn’t cheap” was the first thing he thought and was his reply. Diana countered with a nod and a simple, “we understand that.” Terrance continued, “I don’t like being checked up on like you seem to have done. ”Diana explained that it was just how their group did things. They were very serious about security. So much so that nothing is agreed upon by the group and put in motion unless all parties are unanimous.

Part of what makes the group so good is that all the people in the group were vetted, back grounded and thoroughly checked out in every aspect. Financials, health, phycology, “Psychology?” Terrance interrupt.“Yes” Diana replied,“Everyone has to be of sound mind and body and possess at least one viable set of skills vital to the groups success.”“No majority votes?” Terrance asked.“No, it has to be unanimous.” Diana replied.“For everything?” Terrance asked. “ Yes” Diana replied.

Terrance then asked, “So does every one of my people have to be vetted to work on this project?”“No”Diana answered, “only the ones who will be on site, those individuals will becompletely vetted.”Terrance then asked “and my office and shop people?” Diana replied “Not if you have confidentiality agreements with them.”

Terrance informed her that all key people involved with the proprietary items had them but not everyone.
    Diana replied with a simple shoulder shrug then spoke “We have an investigator who will run a report on each and every one of the on site folks.”“Wow” Terrance said then sat back with a look of shock on his face. Terrance paused for effect and stroked his chin for a few seconds.

Terrance had memories of some of his government work thinking to himself that this was like some of the black site, next level crap he dealt with in the past. One reason he ran the quotes way high for government bids to keep himself out of the running for any of them. He had known that in the past while doing government work his guys would have checks made on them but this sounds like much more.

“Good thing I don’t hire criminals or trash” he blurted out. They both giggled as the waitress sat their food in front of them. The conversation while they ate was much more personable. Family, school, college, career type stuff.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As they concluded the meal, Terrance mentioned that he was interested in the situation, that he had a specific crew who all held clearances to work on government facilities and that he would have to get a list of the employees to whomever needed them.

Diana informed him that he would receive more info at the late lunch.
    That more details and information as to whom he would interface with to qualify the employees as well as the technical, logistics and other key players would be.

“Will you be at the luncheon?” Terrance asked Diana. “No, I am afraid I will not be able to attend” she replied. “It is one reason I wanted to have brunch, and to clear the air.” She smiled as she finished speaking. “Well I am glad you did Ms. Grisom” Terrance stated, “Please, call me Diana” she insisted. “Alright Diana, but you have to call me Terrance” he also insisted. They both smiled and knew the other was thinking the same thing, they were attracted to each other and it was obvious.

Terrance picked up the check, pulled his wallet out of his pocket, rifled though some bills and left the cash under the ticket, “Hey!” Diana objected, “this was my treat, I asked you.” Terrance smirked and shook his head, “no, sorry mam, I am old school, the man always pays.” And pushed the ticket with the cash to the side.

As they walked out you could tell both were itching to touch the other.
    Some sort of physical interaction to see if there was a spark. Diana saw the opportunity when Terrance reached for her car door, she reached at the same time, her hand landing on his. Boom.. Yeap it was there, Terrance thought to himself.

“Why thank you Mr. Johns” Diana said with a smile, “my pleasure Ms. Grisom” Terrance replied. As she sat down in the late model BMW and swung her legs in he could tell she was a woman who was used to wearing skirts or dresses. He was so intrigued by her. He stopped, lowered his head closer to her and asked when he would see her again. Her reply was as coy as he expected, “you will hear from me soon Terrance” “Good bye Diana” he answered and he shut the door. Paused for her to look at him and then smiled and walked away. Over to Ms. Kitty.

Diana backed out of the spot and pulled over along side Terrance as he was almost to his car. With her window rolled down he could easily hear her say, “Nice car.” He smiled first, then turned his head towards her and remarked “thank you.”

“Fast?” she asked. “Fast enough to be dangerous” was his standard reply. She laughed, a bicycle was fast enough to be dangerous. Her interest in his car was refreshing in that most of the time women just asked if it was expensive, not if it was fast. Diana continued, “Hellcat?” She asked.“Yes, mam” was the reply as Terrance chirped the fob to unlock the door.“Stock?” Diana continued. “Now Ms. Grisom, if your investigator has run a file on me you already know the answer to that. If he is any good"

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Looking at his watch Terrance contemplated the drive time to the lunch spot and home to figure out how much time he had to kill. Should I go home? He asked himself, Nah, Knotty would be fine, so he thought what to do for the next couple of hours.

He scrolled through his texted list of things he needed or wanted to check out and decided he would stop by his friend Danny’s gun shop. He sent Danny a text while he let Ms. Kitty warm up. As he punched in his choice of music and feeling the rumble of the powerful machine he smiled and tore out of the parking lot headed towards DJ’s Guns.

Thomas text him shortly after he left the diner asking if he was going to be at the meeting. Terrance would reply when he stopped. As he rolled up to a stop light that had just turned red he picked up his phone to reply to Thomas and Danny replied he was at the west side store. Which was where Terrance was headed. Terrance replied see ya there to both.

Pulling into the parking lot of the gun shop Terrance noticed that Danny’s range rover was parked alongside the building. Danny and Terrance had made friends years’ prior during a training session they both attended at a facility in Tennessee. Terrance went to see if the instructor was as good as his YouTube videos. He was not impressed; his class was mostly accurate but the drills and tactics taught did not match up as a professional would expect. Many of the attendees were boastful and tried to argue and contradict the curriculum. One was given a cash refund and asked to leave immediately in front of the entire group. Completely unprofessional in both he and Danny’s opinion and thus started their conversation which lead to the strong friendship and other “trainingcations”, Terrance called them where the two would travel all over the country for 2 or 3 day training sessions all over the country.

Terrance walking in DJ’s West was like Norm walking in Cheers. All of the regular employees knew him, or were told about him. He was one of the few people who could walk behind the counter without issue and back to Danny’s office and into the vault. At one point most of Terrance’s collection was in Danny’s private vault, while the gun room at the farm was being built.

But today, being Sunday the shop was actually closed and Terrance had to hit the buzzer to get through the doors. Even though it was legal to sell firearms on Sunday in Indiana, Danny did well enough and didn’t like to bother his employees on Sunday. It left him a day for high profile clients like Terrance who spent what most of Danny’s customers had invested in their entire collection in one single purchase.

Danny and Terrance embraced each other as men confident in their skin do, with a hand shake and a hug. Brothers in arms even though they served in two different branches. “So what’s up?” Danny asked. “Not much, just killing time, figured I would stop by” Terrance replied. “Killing time?” Danny asked. Something that Terrance rarely had time to do. “ Yeah, I have a meeting in a couple hours.” Terrance replied. It was then that Terrance realized he should probably not go into any real detail, even though he completely trusted Danny, the others may not.

“Meeting? On aSunday?” Danny asked. “Yeah, a high profile client is being called out of town, out of the country actually and our meeting for tomorrow was bumped to this afternoon.” Terrance re-directed the focus off of the group. Danny asked what he was looking for, and Terrance amusingly asked if he had sold the Barrett to Thomas. Danny smirked, “Thomas has a Barrett?” confirming the hunch that he did not buy it from Danny. “Nope, I didn’t sell it to him but I bet I know who did, if he bought it new that is.” “Really?” Terrace was curious. He had set Thomas up with the friend of a friend discount when he introduced him to Danny.

Danny pulled out his cell phone and scrolled for a number then hit call, he sat the phone down and hit the speaker button, hearing the phone ring and a voice come on, “Oh Danny boy, what’s shakin?” the deep voiced man asked. “Hey Brian, I am here with my boy Terrance and he wanted to know if you sold our buddy Thomas a Barrett.” Brian said “No, I have one in stock and it has been here for months.” Danny said “Alrighty, thanks” and remarked that he was only curious. Brian said he probably got it from that doctor fellow who had ordered a couple last year. Brian finished by saying that he thought there were only a couple dozen in the entire state. Danny said “Ok, thanks bro” and Terrance said “Thanks Brian” Brian replied “ok, I’m out”and hung up. His normal sign off.

Danny and Terrance looked at each other, dumbfounded and curious Terrance said "I will just ask him."
    Danny asked “Why you want to one up him?” Something that had happened in the past, Terrance replied, “No, I wouldn’t want a semi 50 cal.” Danny asked “What about a bolt gun?” Terrance intrigued by the question asked simply “What ya got?” Danny said “Come right this way sir, let me show you.”

After disarming the alarm circuit and rotating the dial accordingly and turning the large key and spinning the handle the large vault door opened. Terrance was always curious to see what was new in the vault. Over in the corner Danny found what he wanted to show Terrance, he pulled out a box, and put it on the table in the middle of the vault. Danny opened it and took out something Terrance had mentioned always wanting.

An Armalite AR-50A1. Terrance watched Danny open the bolt and look into the chamber to see that it was clear, Terrance asked, “Match barrel?” “Uh huh” Danny replies as he handed it to Terrance, the look on his face told Danny he would probably buy it.

Danny mentioned he had a perfect piece of glass for it too. Terrance asked simply “How much?”Danny said, “rifle, glass, mounts, pelican case with cut foam and over a thousand rounds will set you back ten five. Terrance just smirked, with a grimace finish. “Salty” Terrance replied, “I can build a custom 700 in 338 for way less.” Danny’s famous reply “Good stuff ain’t cheap!” and they both laughed. “Besides” Danny continued, “A 338 will stop a man, but not a machine.” He paused for affect, “This here is a vehicle killer.”

Danny continued to say “We can do the paper work today, I will mount the glass and bore sight it and you can stop and pick her up on your way home from work tomorrow.” Terrance was not much of an impulse buyer and replied “Let me think about it.” Danny giggled as he said “Tick tock my friend, I do have other buyers in mind for this one.” Terrance knew he could probably talk him down a little but he also knew that if this group was already talking to him then they were set to offer him the job and it was pretty much name your price for the kind of secrecy he could image they wanted.

With a slight grin on his face Terrance muttered “Give me a 4473” as he stuck out his hand. Danny already had one sitting on his desk. He walked out of the vault and brought it back to Terrance. Once it was complete Danny sat at his computer filling in the E-Check information and processed the NICS check as required by law. Within a few minutes the approval came back with the expected “proceed” notation allowing Danny to sell the rifle to Terrance. Danny didn’texpect it to come back anything but.

“One more thing bro” Danny mentioned, “Yes?” Terrance replied. “Suppressor? he asked. Terrance laughed, and replied with a “Really?” And Danny laughed as he said “Hey, these bastards are loud.” "Yes, I know” Terrance replied. “I have shot the round with a few different systems.” “Yeah, but I have a nice suppressor that fits it and I can put the quick detach muzzle break on it while I am setting it up and you can file the papers to add it to your trust.” Terrance smiled asking “How much more?” “Only twenty one hundred” he said. “Damn Danny, your going to break me.” Terrance exclaimed.

Danny just smiled knowing it wasn’t going to break Terrance. “You want a complete weapons system don’t ya?” he asked. “Well yeah!” Terrance replied “but what I would really like to have is a couple cans of MK211 rounds for it.” Danny knew exactly what he was talking about and replied with “That may be difficult.” Terrance’s come back was to be expected, “do what you can” and the comment was met with a nod and a wink. Terrance filled out the suppressor paperwork as well and commented that he would get the other papers and prints dropped off when he picked up the rifle.

Terrance looked at the time and decided he would be early and scope out the location that he was meeting the group members at. Saying goodbye to Danny he headed to the restaurant still curious about Diana.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    This meeting, a late Sunday lunch at a Mexican restaurant with a secret group sounded so cliché. Like it was a drug cartel rub out meeting he thought. He arrived at the restaurant about 20 minutes early and saw the same heavy duty SUV that was at the gun range. He realized he didn’t know if it was the Doctor's or the other guy's who had been at the range but one of them was already there. He never asked who drove the ridiculously priced rolling armor.

Terrance drove by, just to scout the place. Something he did as second nature a lot of the time, not realizing it was semi paranoid for normal civilian situations. Same for doing "heat runs" when he was out and about, not taking the same route to anywhere at any certain time. He had 6 different ways to the office, 3 or 4 to the grocery store, etc. All in the interest of being unpredictable. A sort of paranoia if you will to ensure no one can predict him. The same went for his work. His schedule at work was never the same.

Other than the SUV there were two other vehicles in the lot at the restaurant. An older late model short bed 4x4 pickup and a beat up caprice that could have been an old cop car. Terrance pulled in and backed in one spot away from the SUV, leaving little room for a car on the other side of Ms. Kitty.

Walking in the door to the restaurant Terrance noticed the black lit sign with the specials on it had a clock that read 1:58, perfect timing. A host remarked for him to come this way and Terrance followed the small Latino man to the back of the restaurant to what could be called a party room or a back dining room. Away from the normal part of the restaurant down a small hallway, just past the restrooms and the back entrance into the kitchen.

Latino music blaring from the kitchen entertained the mostly Asian looking cooks. Something that struck him to be funny. You would have thought they would have been Latino.

Walking into the room Terrance noticed Thomas, the Doctor, the other gentleman from the range sitting with Thomas and one other individual whom he did not know. Thomas got up and walked to meet Terrance, shaking his hand and greeting him then then walked over to the table and Thomas re-introduced the men and the new guy.

Terrance Johns, you remember Doctor Samuel Torres and Mr. Brent Studler and this is Mr. Gabe Hilfer. Terrance greeted each man, shaking their hand and expressing "nice to meet you." Mr. Hilfer remarked "pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Johns. Please call me Gabe." "Alright Gabe" Terrance replied and the men all sat down.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    The good Doctor gave a nod to Gabe who reached into a bag that was sitting on the floor which made Terrance a little nervous and when hesaw the item it was curious that someone would consider the need. Gabe took the device, a cylindrical shaped white piece a little larger than a soda can, flipped a switch on its base and it began to emit a slight tone. Terrance recognized it. It was a white noise generator. Alia had mentioned some ofthe psychologist offices she had visited when considering her field of study, they used them. It kept people in a waiting room from hearing the conversation of patients who were only a thin wall away in their session.

Terrance must have made a physical gesture as Gabe cocked his head and asked “Is there was a problem?” Terrance shook his head no and verbalized, “no nothing at all.” “Mr. Johns,” Gabe started, Terrance interrupted, “Terrance please.” “Ok, Terrance, I am the chief investigator for a private group of persons who wish to employ your firm to install a rather special hanger on a secluded site west of the city.” Terrance nodded in agreement signaling he understood that much. “They have aspecific design that they want built to exact standards and tight tolerancesand they are very specific.” The man continued. Terrance continued to slightly nod his head yes. “Is this something you wish to bid on?” Gabe asked.

Terrance smirked, cocked his head and looked at Thomas with an eyebrow raised. He then looked each of the others in the eye and when he returned his attention to Gabe he made a simple yet to the point statement. “Bid,no, I will look over your design and have my team decide first if it is a viable design and second if they want to take on the project.”T his response shocked most all of the men sitting at the table. Terrance asked “Did you expect me to blindly say yes without looking over the plans and particulars?” Thomas interrupted to express that Terrance’s firm was one of the best in the world with an impeccable reputation. Something all of the menalready knew.

Gabe replied shutting Thomas down, “We all know the reputation of Avion.” Terrance continued, “If you want me to look over the design and particulars I will need them sent over so my have my team look them over and make a recommendation to me. If they think it is something we want to undertake then they will develop a materials list, price and source the components and compile a working total for the actual hanger.T here will be no bidding.”

Gabe raised his hand to signal that there was an understanding and that the process Terrance was speaking of would do. He continued to say “I understand, we just want to stress the urgency and need for compartmentalization and secrecy.”

Terrance continued to explain, “I will put together a select group of trusted employees to complete assessment of the plans and particulars, develop the materials list, source all of the appropriate components and compile the documentation to send back over for you to decide if you want Avion to do it or not.”

Gabe started to speak when the Doctor cleared his throat to interrupt. “Mr. Johns, you come highly recommended" as he gestured towards Thomas, "and we would like to have you and your team look over the plans. We will gladly compensate you and your team for the time even if you choose not to or we decline to award you the contract.” Terrance smirked with a grin and responded, “I will tell you I am very busy and normally tell a new client that the process usually takes 12-18 months for planning before the first shipment of components and materials is made and usually 24 months before completion.”

The Doctor nodded in agreement and understanding as Gabe interrupted to explain that they wanted a expedited time table and would like to have the project completed in 9 months. Terrance outwardly laughed and asked “Do you know what that kind of time table would cost?” The doctor said they were less concerned about cost than they were secrecy and timing.

Gabe spoke up asking “We would like to understand the steps you would take once we provide the plans and particulars to your team, can you explain the process?”
    Terrance began to explain and elaborate, “I will assign my top two project engineers to the project, one who will be internal and one who will be remote and onsite during construction and commissioning. They will go over the plans with our team and develop a project plan, materials list, time table and requirement list for you to have completed, they will have mile stones.” Terrance stopped, “its really pretty all boring, just know that there will be no question of what we will be doing and when and it will all be lined out in the project plan.”

Then Gabe asked, “and secrecy and security?” Terrance explained that he has a team he used on government and top clearance site maintenance and installations. They were all cleared by the DOD and DHS to be in all government installations for the purpose intended with full files having been complied and kept by the different capitol letter agencies."

Terrance continued, “I understand, you want me to build a hanger for your group. In secret, with trusted employees and if things go right I get to build another one somewhere in Montana?” “Yes” Gabe replied, “Pretty much it is that simple.”

Terrance stood up and extended his hand...

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As the men shook hands Terrance explained that he would have his legal department draw up a contract. Terrance asked the men “To whom would you like me to send it to?” He continued, not letting them answer “I will have project startup forms put together to lay out the fee that needs to be paid up front, for the cost of compiling the quote.” “I am not wasting my teams time coming up with a “bid” as you stated, since we all know that I am the only game in town, hell the Midwest, that can pull off something like this.”

Without missing a beat Gabe replied with "I will need to vet everyone who will be on site." Terrance was shocked. He figured there would be a rebuttal about the no bid, pay up front for the quote situation. Terrance also added, “If my structural or other engineers have any issues with the design they will make recommendations as to the solution or make notes as to why they disagree with whatever and your people can digest it. We like to build things our way, it’s worked for years.” Gabe nodded.

Gabe handed Terrance a small packet. Terrance opened it and sort of laughed. It was a confidentiality agreement. He read it over and giggled as he signed it and returned it to Gabe.“Gabe,” Terrance spoke clearly and concisely, “I am a man of honor and integrity, I have government contracts, some above your pay grade and I must admit I find this situation unusual and comical that this (air quoted) group needs top secret type over tones to get things done. ”Gabe replied, “It is the way the group functions.” Terrance shook his head sideways smiling and said “ok.”

The doctor spoke up, “Our courier will deliver a packet that will have contain the design specifics, procedures and contact information forthe key players.” Thomas asked if anyone had any questions.
    Terrance spoke up, “I have one” he said. “Who drives the urban tank outside?” The men across from Terrance all giggled. The Doctor raised his hand. “It’s mine” he said. “Nice ride” Terrance commented. “Thanks” the Doctor remarked nodding his head.

“OK,” Gabe said, “If there isn’t anything else, I think we can adjourn.” Terrance nodded in agreement, shook all of their hands again and walked out.

Driving home Terrance’s mind was all over the place, Alia, the new rifle, Diana, how long would the suppressor approval would take, this hangar project, Thomas’s involvement, what kind of specialty design would they present. It wasn’t the first time a customer has tried to dictate the overall design of a hangar. Sometimes it is only aesthetic changes, sometimes it is completely unobtainable because of structural concerns.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Monday came as usual. Terrance was up and at the office before7:30 AM. He was there well before over half of his staff. Some didn’t come in until 9 AM, some even not until 1PM. With having clients all over the country and the world meant business wasn’t just 9-5 EST or M-F. There were customer service and tech line folks as well as the planners and shippers who worked odd hours to keep things moving. The shop guys worked whenever, however they needed to so that projects kept moving. If they had a family obligation they left with no repercussions. Terrance always said “Family First” and to him he thought of most all his employees as family.

Terrance was working away looking over a review when his assistance came in, “Good morning sir, can I get you anything?” she asked. “No thank you Ms. Jameson, how was your weekend?” he asked. Ms. Jameson replied “It was good, went to see my daughter at Purdue.” They both were proud of their daughters in college and shared much about them between each other. One of the only personal things they shared. “And how was that?” he asked. Ms. Jameson shook her head and remarked about how much different things are now versus when she was in college. They both giggled and she walked out stopping to ask if he wanted his door open or closed. “Open is fine” and Terrance went back to the papers he was looking over.

The thought that occupied Terrance’s mind was the fact that this weekend would be a nice 4 day weekend for everyone being that Labor Day was the following Monday. He had asked the bean counters to calculate what it would cost to give everyone Friday off. The review stated that it would only cost a little over $60,000 which he was sure he could roll into the new project for the group.

Terrance hit a button on his phone, Ms. Jameson came on, “Yes Mr. Johns” she asked.“Can you come in here please? When you get a moment, no hurry..” he asked. “Be right there” she replied. About two minutes later she walked in.“Yes Mr. Johns?” She asked. “Ms. Jameson, I think I want to reward the company for doing so good in the second quarter, well actually the whole year up to now.” “Ok” she said. He asked her to draft an email for him, letting everyone know that he was giving everyone Friday off, paid. She looked at him all wide eyed. He smiled and said everyone… Thinking out loud he said I also need you to have the head of Security find a contract company to cover the property so even they can have the weekend off. And we need to let shipping and receiving know to postpone any pickups or deliveries until next Tuesday.

“That’s very generous of you Mr. Johns, I will get right on this. I will have security and shipping call you.” She replied. “That will be fine Ms. Jameson. Thank you.” She smiled, turned and walked out of the office. Terrance hoped everyone would react the same. After all they had done a great job all year. It was Labor Day after all and paid time off is always a good surprise even if it is short notice. He hoped that without having time to plan for the extra time off folks would spend it with family.

By the end of the morning everyone knew they had an extra paid day off, all of the arrangements were made and paperwork for the private security was in process. Nearly all ofthe department heads had conveyed their groups appreciation by sending thank you emails to Terrance.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    you must be one of them fellers that read books from back to front:):
    This is what I meant: This may irritate some of those who follow my stories because I am starting a new one but have others which I have not updated. Sorry!!

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    This is what I meant: This may irritate some of those who follow my stories because I am starting a new one but have others which I have not updated. Sorry!!

FYI.. I hit writers block on a couple and others are teasers.. I am compiling them all into a book of short stories. I may even correlate them all to be happening at the same time or something crazy like that. Once the stories are in print then you can get the hard copy to find out the conclusion..

This story "Plan B" is the first of a three part book series I have been concentrating on. I have some continuations of the others but have been devoting what time I have to writing these. I may give you all the whole first book. In hopes that you buy it and the other two parts..

I appreciate all of the feedback, good or bad it is all taken as constructive criticism. All of you are a portion of my target audience and hope to hear everything you have to offer. Consider my posting on INGO as research.

Thanks all..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Terrance’s desk phone beeped, “Yes” he said, Ms. Jameson came on,“Mr. Johns you have a phone call from a Ms. Grisom.”“Put her through” Terrance said. The phone chirped, Terrance let it ring twice before picking it up, to not seem so eager.

“Terrance Johns can I help you?” he answered half giggling. “Yes Mr. Johns, this is Ms. Diana Grisom, I would like to know how your cellular provider is treating you.” Terrance paused with a puzzled look on his face, “Well Ms. Grisom, I believe that they are treating me just fine.” he responded. Diana continued, “Well Mr. Johns it seems that they have been experiencing some technical difficulties and would like for you to check your phone.” Terrance laughed and answered her, “Ah,Yes, I will thank you” and they both laughed. Diana asked how Terrance was, and the normal pleasantries then asked how the meeting went.

“It went well” Terrance replied. Then Terrance asked her when he would see her again. She replied "well that depends." Terrance interrupted her, “Depends on what?” he asked, he was showing her that he wanted to see her again.“Well” she says, “it depends on what you have planned.”

Terrance confessed that he really had no life, he worked, went home, sometimes fished, sometimes hunted, cared for his garden, went for a drive, went for a ride, basic stuff but most always alone. Sensing the challenge Diana said “Well Mr. Johns, if you will check your phone and your schedule you can let me know what you think would be an appropriate time to get together. I must run now, good day” and she hung up abruptly.

Terrance sat the handset in the cradle of his desk phone and sat there in shock, maybe his boring life was of no interest to her. “Oh well” he thought. Many times before he had tried to make friends with a woman only to have her pop off because he liked to spend a lot of time alone.

Feeling defeated Terrance pulled his cell phone out and looked at it. One missed call and two unread text messages. Terrance pulled up the call log. The number was listed as Unknown, not even the caller ID numbers. Huh, he thought to himself as he dismissed it and then opened the text messages.

One from Alia, he opened first, it read “Daddy can we have a cook out this weekend or have lunch?” He replied, “yes” to see what she came back with, he then thought he would add acomment, “If you are coming home let me know when and what you want to eat.”

The second message was from a number not stored in Terrance’s phone. He opened it and a big smile came across his face. It read, “Mr.Johns, this is Ms. Diana Grisom, please store this number as it is my personal cell phone. Only 56 other people have this number so consider yourself privileged, LOL. I would like to get together soon. Let me know a day, time and location and we can meet.”

Terrance thought he would let her stew a little and not reply quickly since she had played with him and jumped off the phone so abruptly. He started the message and stopped before hitting send.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Terrance felt good about things as he prepared to head to DJ’s to pick up his new rifle. At lunch he had ran out and had his finger print cards completed. He was kind of excited at the fact that he was finally getting a 50 BMG, something he could have afforded a long time ago but had talked himself out of. He just kept smiling as he drove. The realization of how far he had come, from a kid with mediocre grades in high school to now.

Pulling up in front of DJ’s his heart raced like it was Xmas morning as a kid. Walking in he was greeted by a couple of the normal staff. One new face caught his eye. A young lady was showing a customer how to tear down a pistol. Talented Terrance thought to himself as he walked around the counter meeting Danny in the doorway to the back room. You have no idea Danny replied, Terrance never knew how Danny could always figure out what he was thinking. Something very few people could do. Probably why he was such a good sales man.

Terrance simply smiled and stated he didn’t want to know. Terrance then laughed at Danny because like Thomas, he was always chasing women, in this case a very young woman. Danny stopped and turned around and walked through the back room to the vault. He whispered she is 23 as he opened the vault door. Terrance just shook his head and smiled.

Danny walked in and with his hands out like Vanna White said “Here she is” as he unsnapped the long Pelican case and opened it up to reveal the big black rifle with her healthy scope, bipod, three 10 round ammo boxes all custom fit into the foam interior of the case. Danny went through the list, “I put in a cleaning kit specific for this rifle and three 10 round ammo boxes, just for you buddy.” Terrance reached over the case and shook Danny’s hand, “Thanks brother.” Were the only words he said.

As they both stood there and marveled at the beauty of this weapon Danny spoke up, “So when you going to break her in?” Terrance shaking his head looked up at Danny and replied “Probably not for a while.” Danny exclaimed “That’s a shame, you will have to let me know how she spins’em..”Terrance always laughed at the quick little quips that Danny spit out from time to time. Terrance laughed and then handed over the paperwork and finger print cars he had in a folder. “Here is the paperwork for the husher” he stated, another of Danny’s quips meaning the suppressor. “Ah ok I will file this for ya today.” Danny replied. Terrance closed the case and snapped all the latches then looked around.

Danny noticing Terrance looking around asked, “What you lookin for bro?” Terrance looked as seriously as he could at Danny and asked, “My pallet of ammo?” Danny laughed, “It’s in the warehouse, if you pull around back sir I will get the boys to load it up for you.” “Ah”, said Terrance, “did you test fit the husher?” His response was as expected. “Yeap she fits nice, had them put the new muzzle break for it’s quick attach / detach threads on her.”“ Slides right over everything, no muss, no fuss and even comes with a mirage eliminator and molle pouch.” He continued. “Oh and there was enough room, in the case, under the barrel, for it. The foam is already cut, just pull the plug out.” “Excellent!" Terrance exclaimed.

As the men walked out of the vault Terrance asked Danny if he had any chance of finding a M249. Danny said well sure with the cash. But I am not going to order one of those without having a buyer. Just then the new sales associated came through the doorway almost barreling into Terrance who was holding the 45 pound case. “Oh, excuse me” she said, “Mr. Jones the man I am helping would like to talk to you.” She then held her hand up to block her mouth and whispered, “he thinks he knows you and can talk the price down.” Terrance looked at Danny and they both laughed. Danny then took the opportunity to introduce Terrance to Ms. Jennifer Barnes. “Hello Mr. Johns” she said as she extended her hand. Terrance had the case in his right hand, he nodded and then awkwardly changed hands almost dropping the case to shake her hand. They both looked at each other eye to eye and smiled.

What a beauty Terrance thought to himself, if only I was 15 years younger he joked to himself, ugh, he thought to himself how he sounded like Thomas for a second. Her deep brown eyes were seductive and as she turned to walk back to the counter he realized he was staring at her long dark hair and curvy body walking away. Snap out of it he said to himself as Danny put his hand on his shoulder and leaned in close to whisper, “You see what I am dealing with?” and they walked out of the back room and Terrance went around to the other side of the counter, to the customer side.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Just as Terrance sat the case on the floor at his feet parallel to the counter a hang around time waster (TW ) or TDUB, as Danny called them approached Terrance and blurted out, “What’s in the case?” Terrance instinctively had his right-hand thumb slid into his right front pocket, it was on his Kershaw and within inches of his Ruger. The guy was persistent, even without being acknowledged he came closer and tapped Terrance on the arm, “Hey bro, what’s in the case.”

Terrance turned slightly towards the man and looked him in the eye, he loved to fire back at people who called him bro that hadn’t earned that right, “Are we family?” He asked, the guy just kept after him ignoring the family question and asked “Get a new toy?” Terrance just kind of smirked and giggled to himself and replied “Yeah I bought me a new case for my guitar.” The guy laughed as he blurted out “ha your funny, that case ain’t big enough for no guitar.”

About then Danny finished with the joker that thought he knew him and was going to get a better price and noticed the guy asking Terrance questions. Danny walked over to him and asked him if there was something he could help him with. The guy diverted his attention to Danny and said "No I am just window shopping."

Terrance decided to take the opportunity to duck out, shook Danny’s hand, said his thanks and then picked up the case and headed for the door. Before he reached the door he heard "Goodbye Mr. Johns, come back and see us soon" from Ms. Barnes. He waved over his shoulder not wanting to give the TDUB time to reset.

Terrance pulled the Toyota around to the back and pushed the buzzer by the back door. The warehouse guy recognized him and moved the small battery powered walk behind pallet jack into position and picked up a small pallet with the 9 large ammo cans on it shrink wrapped together. Terrance looked and noticed the lead tagged wire was still on the factory sealed cans. Five were supposed to be black tipped M2 AP rounds, two were supposed to be silver tipped M8 API rounds and the last two either unpainted M33 or M2 ball rounds.

Once the pallet was loaded into the back of the pickup Terrance began to close the tailgate and the topper hatch when the warehouse guy spoke up, “Oh, wait one second.” He put the lift away and came back with one more can. “Here Mr. Johns, Mr. Jones said this one was yours too.” handing him one more ammo can and saying Compliments of the staff.” Terrance took the can said thank you and noticed him smile.

Terrance turned the can noticing it also still had a lead tagged wire on the latch and then he noticed the markings. It was printed 120 Rounds Cal .50 MK211 MOD0.. Terrance’s eyes widened, his eyebrows raised, he nodded, said “damn, thank you very much.” Shook the warehouse guys hand, sat the can in the back of the truck and shut the topper before getting in the truck with a large ear to ear smile and driving off.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom