• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for addressing the issue I'm interested in. Did it happen more than once, and did you figure out what about those reloads caused it?

No. It was during a training class so I cleared the jam and kept going. I have many hundreds of rounds through this gun and that was the only ftf I have ever had and none since.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve owned several P10s and have put thousands of rounds through them. I’ve never seen that on a P10. I have seen it though but I cannot remember what gun it was on.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've seen it and done it. Limp wristing when I saw it, dirty mags when it happened to me.

When it's time to clean guns, remember to run a dry patch through the mags as well. It takes shockingly little buildup to affect the follower's movement.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Stove piped a round with my 1911.
    It had been a long night of shooting. I was a bit fatigued. Limp wrist shooting caused it. I took a little break. And got back on it with out any issues.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This is INGO an things can get off topic in a heart beat here. :dunno:
    LIVE round stovepiped would suggest some sort of magazine malfunction OR possibly ammo issues to me. Possibly the mag feed lips are too far apart or the case a bit smaller than it's supposed to be.. It never hurts to field strip and clean and if it were me and it's something you are comfortable with I would disassemble the mag and clean and inspect it also.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is INGO an things can get off topic in a heart beat here. :dunno:
    LIVE round stovepiped would suggest some sort of magazine malfunction OR possibly ammo issues to me. Possibly the mag feed lips are too far apart or the case a bit smaller than it's supposed to be.. It never hurts to field strip and clean and if it were me and it's something you are comfortable with I would disassemble the mag and clean and inspect it also.
    If he has multiple magazines he can test a different magazine and see if that is the problem. I doubt two magazines would be faulty.

If he has under 400rds ran through the pistol it could be as simple as breaking it in.

Check the feed ramp see if it has any burs or needs polishing. It can cause feed problems.

A bent extractor can cause feed problems.

The recoil spring might need replaced. It can cause feed problems as well.
    I know of a guy that had a new pistol and he was having similar problems as the OP. Except his stove pipe with the round facing down not up. It was a brand new pistol.
    He sent it back to be fixed because it happened with several new magazines as well.
    The gun manufacturer fixed it and said it was a faulty recoil spring.

Top Bottom