• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The weirdest thing I've ever experienced was not something I saw but happened. Some friends and I left my house at 10PM and went for a ride to a remote area about 20 miles away to visit some friends that didn't end up being home in a very rural area. So we drove around awhile and tried back their house and still no one home. So we left and headed back to my house. Mind you round trip 40+ miles on back roads. When we got back to my hours it 10PM. This was not during any time zone changes or daylight savings. We arrived back were we started at the exact time we left....very...weird

Man, you must have been haulin' ass!! :rockwoot:

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I saw a dog tree a ground hog once and like you I was surprised at the fact they could climb.

I was deer hunting, early bow, down at Morgan Monroe SF. I climbed my usual tree. It was a smaller tree, bordering corn, with limbs I could comfortably settle into for a few hours. I was in it for over an hour, when I looked beside me about 10 feet, and a groundhog was asleep on a limb. It looked at me a couple times for the next few hours, but never moved away. When I was done hunting, I climbed down and left and the GH kept on sleeping. Next day, like a d***a**, I drove back (3hrs round-trip) to see if it had gotten out of the tree. It had.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I'd like to hear details of this, and I mean this most respectfully.

AHH that yeah... It was incredibly trippy the other day i was going to lunch and turned out of the work parking lot and a guy waved at me from a vehicle he was driving I looked and there was my cousin andy and I smiled waved and then thought about it turned around and the car was gone. He died a week after his 29th birthday and left behind a 6 month old son. Also swore I saw him in the store grocery shopping the other day and once again did the double take and no one was there.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    On a somewhat similar note to that, I've had a couple of funny things happen to me in the woods since my cousin died several years ago.

About a year after he died I was sitting in my treestand (early bow) and had dozed off one afternoon. Out of nowhere I heard someone say my name plain as day, "ERIC". I snapped to and immediately started looking around, nobody around, off to my left stood 2 does about 40 yds out.... Weird, I think it was him.

Couple of years ago I was walking into my stand in the dark. (Also bow season) I was goin down the lane like I have for the 20 yrs I've been hunting and bam....I completely froze in my tracks like someone was standing with their arm out stopping me. I got shook. Never had a problem in my life, why now? Got my composure and crept around a corner and hit my flashlight, 3 deer standing there. I don't know why but I think it was him stopping me....It is after all the farm he grew up on I hunt....

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    So many over the years. Naked girls on horse back, OK maybe I knew it before hand...LOL

Rusted gun by a small pond. So many years ago, I am not sure of the make. It was a 22 I know.

Running from the Sheriffs Department because I might have been trespassing on land I was not suppose to be on. He passed me twice going the wrong way on the next road over. Old oil field in West Texas.

Really nice deer hanging from a tree. Gone bad, meat spoiled. Seems maybe a hunter shot it and then lost it. Told a old coyote hunter about it and he put traps around it for coyotes.

Hunting for coyotes, seen eyes with the red light, turned on the bright spot light and the thing was not there. Where could he have gone?

Was in a small mountain and found a nice cave or more a overhang to hang around in, lots of animal stuff around but after cleaned out was a nice place to hang out in. I used it for a couple of years to just hang around in during storms or just wanting to hang alone.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    The weirdest thing I've ever experienced was not something I saw but happened. Some friends and I left my house at 10PM and went for a ride to a remote area about 20 miles away to visit some friends that didn't end up being home in a very rural area. So we drove around awhile and tried back their house and still no one home. So we left and headed back to my house. Mind you round trip 40+ miles on back roads. When we got back to my hours it 10PM. This was not during any time zone changes or daylight savings. We arrived back were we started at the exact time we left....very...weird

"No dude those mushrooms are eatable.....my buddy Jerry Garcia told me he ate them all the time!" :n00b:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In the woods down along Henderson Ford Road...we were walking around down there and came across three dead dogs. One Rottie, and two big old hounds....all had been shot in the head one time and they were laying in a pile of dry dog food. I suspect someone was tired of them....dumped out some dog food and shot them while they were eating. Quick and painless.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We need some more "epic" threads on this stuff. Finished the ifish one today. I'm not much could pass the throwing sticks at dead midgets but then again, not much in life would be a greater site than seeing that.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    I grew up in southern Jackson Co Michigan, and there were miles and miles of big fields and woods with an occaisional barbed wire fence. Once you got so far in, you'd never see a house or anything man made, but there were dumps out there from long before the 70's when I was out there walking around. I'd find old glass bottles from God knows what, and collected them....ANYWAY-
    I walked up on a grove of big trees that had an opening in it. HUGE uprooted trees, maybe from a tornado or something. Holes 10-15 feet deep, 30 feet around. Root balls 20 feet in the air. Far Out! Wow! It was just a surreal place.
    There were two dead cows out there. Possums LIVED in their carcasses! As temporary of a home as they were, the possums had a front door and a back door!:n00b: I'll never forget that!

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    A buddy of mine found a naked guy he thought was dead. Turns out the guy was just passed out. He comes to enough to sit up and talk. My buddy asked him if he was ok. The guy was like, "I don't know. I can't remember what happened. All I remember was drinking a bunch of everclear with some buddies. My friend says, "Well does your butt hurt?"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    My cousin and my brother and I were exploring when we were young. We decided to go in the direction of a gully that we were explicitly told not to visit by our older relatives. Well we decided to go check it out, and what did we find? An old stream leading to a lake with lots and lots of coke memorabilia. There was even a coka-cola truck deep in the woods in the stream that still had coke machines in the back. All of a sudden we heard a voice yell "Get out of here!" and we heard gunshots. I could hear what I assumed was buckshot in the trees above me. Needless to say we ran our asses off.

Top Bottom