• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    when you apply for a job your background is checked more thoroughly than a NICS check.

i won't say what info is used or what data we're looking for, but the info you use on forums, facebook, twitter, etc, tells me a hell of a lot more than a 4473 could.
    public internet tools, a few bucks, and 20 minutes can reveal a LOT of info. since our employees drive for us, we'll also pull your MVR (motor vehicle report) listing all your accidents and infractions.
    i don't do it, but SOME companies will even go so far as to check your credit.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Look up "infringed" then preface with "shall not be"

Hmmm infringed.......

Several hours ago I opened all my books about the Constitution and the writings of Jefferson, Madison and other Founding Fathers to research what they had to say about Federal Government 2nd Admendment Gun Control Back Ground checks and the creation of massive databases of private information on American Citizens for the purposes of the Federal government to ok your Natural right to keep and bear arms.........

They didn't mention it, so I guess it is ok! NOT! :rockwoot:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Did you watch the movie "Red Dawn".....

I don't spend much time following movies, but it seems plausible that an invading force (foreign or domestic) could go to shops and round up files.

Still, the national rifle association seems to advocating for further advancement of the 4473, and politicians seem to be doing the same.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Hmmm infringed.......

Several hours ago I opened all my books about the Constitution and the writings of Jefferson, Madison and other Founding Fathers to research what they had to say about Federal Government 2nd Admendment Gun Control Back Ground checks and the creation of massive databases of private information on American Citizens for the purposes of the Federal government to ok your Natural right to keep and bear arms.........

They didn't mention it, so I guess it is ok! NOT! :rockwoot:

What is this?
    You have books containing the writings of rebels like Jefferson, Madison, and other such rabble rousers?
    You need to set your thermostat to 451 lest the fire department heroes do it for you.
    Books waste natural resources like trees and plants. Further, they can be read later. Books are very troublesome.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I don't spend much time following movies, but it seems plausible that an invading force (foreign or domestic) could go to shops and round up files.

Still, the national rifle association seems to advocating for further advancement of the 4473, and politicians seem to be doing the same.

compromising. after so many people have joined the NRA and so many have been saying "join the NRA", they even dropped their price and now they are selling out as if a stronger backround check would have stopped the newtown shooting.:noway:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    On the brink of total victory, the NRA grabs a strategic defeat. This moron goes on and says that they "generally accept stronger background checks." This will now be used as a ramrod to force broad invasive background checks.
    Agree.

That's not the way it will be used. It will be used as a "but you said you supported stronger checks" as a way to give political cover to politicians.
    Agree.

Keep in mind, Scalia said that type of weapon, size of mag, and other restrictions were still on the table....
    Like others, I was more than disappointed in that part of it. When someone like Scalia can screw that up, that's another reason why I don't trust any court to stick up for my Right to keep and bear arms. Not the right to apply for permission after a background check or any other prerequisite.
    A Right.

The feds and the States have ZERO constitutional authority to [STRIKE]control private sales between private parties[/STRIKE] infringe in any manner the Right of the people to keep and bear arms.
    Added a bit to reflect my belief. Hope you don't mind.

(Acknowledging that some states were admitted to the Union with infringements or omissions in their respective constitutions, this should not be. However, if the people (of such a state) do not agree and choose to leave it as is, that is their choice, and they have to live with it. More importantly, even if it were changed to something like "shall not be infringed" or, for example in the case of Pennsylvania, "shall not be questioned", it still will not make any difference if the people, and the legislature, and/or the courts act as if it doesn't mean what it clearly states.)

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Stripping Americans of their rights based on their medical records is a much more serious infringement on gun ownership than any gun ban or magazine regulation. Remember that 10% of the country is currently on anti-depressants, and that everyone's medical records are being federalized in the Obamacare law. All the Feds have to do is to keep expanding the definition of "unfit" to exercise 2A rights. They can disarm a vast amount of people this way, and make it easy to disarm the rest.

And the NRA says it is "good" if the President takes that power. So much for shall not be infringed. With "friends" like these, who needs enemies!! :xmad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giApNBl4bwM

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The NRA serves the same purpose as does FOX News; providing a conduit to control the opposition. These organizations corral conservative TV junkies, and mainstream gun owners, respectively, around Establishment politicians and Establishment solutions.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I just do not trust those lying, gun-grabbing politicians as far as I can throw any of them. One liar says that only those adjudicated in a court of law as being mentally unfit will have their gun ownerships rights removed. The next one says those on psychotrophic drugs will lose this right. If I remember right, mild anti-depressants are psychotrophic drugs. You could lose your right to gun ownership as the result of your family doctor prescribing a mild anti-depressant to help you sleep if some of these PEOPLE get their way.

The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    The NRA serves the same purpose as does FOX News; providing a conduit to control the opposition. These organizations corral conservative TV junkies, and mainstream gun owners, respectively, around Establishment politicians and Establishment solutions.

This is my view as well.

We really need a new 2A support organization that is outside the establishment. One that does what the left did in the 60s to get us where we are today: raise hell, break things, disrupt events and generally give the finger to any organization that wanted to be "civilized".

That's the real big difference now I think. When the antis where younger, they didnt care what people thought or who they pissed off. That's essentially what they're doing again but from inside the legal system now. The NRA is also inside and still trying to win this fight like an anacronystic old english gentleman while our opponents are still figuratively throwing bombs and burning bras.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This is my view as well.

We really need a new 2A support organization that is outside the establishment. One that does what the left did in the 60s to get us where we are today: raise hell, break things, disrupt events and generally give the finger to any organization that wanted to be "civilized".

That's the real big difference now I think. When the antis where younger, they didnt care what people thought or who they pissed off. That's essentially what they're doing again but from inside the legal system now. The NRA is also inside and still trying to win this fight like an anacronystic old english gentleman while our opponents are still figuratively throwing bombs and burning bras.

My limited funds went to GOA, Gun Owners of America, and SAF, Second Amendment Foundation Online, because until the NRA proves they deserve my money...they're not getting any.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We really need a new 2A support organization that is outside the establishment.
    I'm good with this so far.

One that does what the left did in the 60s to get us where we are today: raise hell, break things, disrupt events and generally give the finger to any organization that wanted to be "civilized".
    This is not a good idea at all. Our position is precarious as it is. Doing the things you suggest would just make gun owners easier to demonize. Violence is their game.

The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm good with this so far.

This is not a good idea at all. Our position is precarious as it is. Doing the things you suggest would just make gun owners easier to demonize. Violence is their game.

They already demonize us. Checkout the anonymousconservative blog, he's got a pretty good thesis about the way leftists think. They DON'T respect being nice.

I don't mean we should use guns. But do things like shout down opponents in meetings, march in the streets naked and just be all-around *******s.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Added a bit to reflect my belief. Hope you don't mind.

Not at all and I agree.

The 'justification' and 'authority' (falsely) claimed for FFL's and their checks is via the commerce clause and obviously even using that stretch, personal property doesn't even remotely fall under that purview.

Top Bottom