• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The finish on my Busse HHFSH was wearing fast and I didn't much care for how it looked. Drbarnes and I talked about it a little at the INGO Chop-In, I was wondering if the Busse logo would be visible after stripping. It is, just not very much!:cool:

I'm going to keep scotch brighting it and see if I can get a good satin finish:dunno: I like it so far, and I think it will get better!:)
    7b3583db.jpg

34c720a9.jpg

7e4f27f1.jpg

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I asked Tyler about doing that to a Junglas. I forgot the stuff he said to use, but I think I'll start with my ESEE 3 and see how that works out. Great looking chopper you have there, Kinnards80.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I hate to burst your bubble but removing the finish has rendered the Busse VERY unsafe. As a caring INGO member though, I will come pick it up and properly "dispose" of it for you. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hate to burst your bubble but removing the finish has rendered the Busse VERY unsafe. As a caring INGO member though, I will come pick it up and properly "dispose" of it for you. :):

MB, you deserve a lot of rep for being suck a caring member. :D

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Bada$$ dave! Looks completely different. The saber grind is much more noticable, I like it, too bad the logo isnt more pronounced. I'll be stripping some of mine in the future, what did you use?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Bada$$ dave! Looks completely different. The saber grind is much more noticable, I like it, too bad the logo isnt more pronounced. I'll be stripping some of mine in the future, what did you use?

Easy strip, it did ok but it took three times longer than it said to leave it on for it to bubble the finish!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I've been thinking about stripping my dogfather and sending out to krein for a re grind to full flat, depending on his wait time I may just grind it myself.

Top Bottom