• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Although the point made is related to a religion, I believe the lady was pointing out the stupidity of the original rule. After all, if anyone wearing a religious head covering can get in without identifying themselves, then the security feature is 100% moot. Anyone planning on causing harm can just throw on a religious head covering and no one can stop them, so remove the rule since its only function is security. It's like having an entry badge for everyone except for the people named "bob". If I want to get it without trouble, I'll just yell "my name's bob let me in!" and defeat the elaborate security.

The proper response isn't bashing Islam because "hur dur dey be blowin' stuff up" but rather removing the rule or applying it regardless of religious preference/requirements.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I long for the day when the social mores of "hats are not to be worn inside buildings" are no longer enforced on those who do not believe in such religiously based rules. If you need to see a person's face for security reasons, then they can be made to reveal their face, but that does not mean never wearing obscuring garments. If the surveillance society demands that no one ever wear garments that obscure their face, the surveillance society can sit and spin on its demands.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont mind a Hijab. Its the veil or a burkha I have a problem with... but thats a discussion for another thread. A backwards ball cap is no more a security/ID threat than a hijab or yarmulke as it doesnt obscure the face from above.

But to claim your personal fashion want is just as important as a religious need is epic douchebag.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    It is not a that different. The Koran doesn't say woman have to cover.their skin head to toe, but many do go that far. How you interpret it, how it is translated, etc..what is a woman's.beauty, what is a cover garment?

Hot drinks alcohol (exceptions) and tobacco are listed, but the overall message is to not drink or consume anything harmful or mind altering. Hot tea and.coffee have caffeine, so do ice tea and iced coffee. I suppose you could play games and drink it iced lol. Soda like coca cola has caffeine and other things in it the same as tea and coffee. It just matters how you interpret it. That is he comparison I was using. I was responding to bunny.when he said covering up is not a religious thing, because he knows many Muslims woman that don't cover up.

Just because some follow more colesly than others, doesn't.mean we.should fault the ones.that do.

I agree.with Cathy, and I don't think it is about security. I think whoever is in charge just doesn't like hats to be worn indoors because they think it is rude. Religious headgear has always been an exception though.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Also, 92ThoStro....it's my understanding that there is no official doctrine regarding the consumption of caffeine for LDS. I know coffee and tea (hot drinks) are a no go, but I had always thought caffeine (in moderation of course) was a personal choice.
    Your understanding is correct, RR. Not to hijack the thread. But you are correct.
    92 is also correct in "the spirit of the law vs. the letter of the law".

I personally don't like to see anyone persecuted for their beliefs - but I can understand reasonable accommodation, too. As anyone who's driven an Amish country back road at night can tell you, those triangles have saved some lives. To the degree it is "reasonable accommodation" I'm for it. To the degree that it's picking on people because of their choice of religion, I'm against it. And what's tough is telling how much of each is going on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom