• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    vote the issues. Hostetler is as pro 2A as it gets he is the real deal no ? The others may be fine and are ofcourse better that any of the libs but cant we please vote for a real deal not a "well he is electable" And as a part time farmer (who takes no subsidy) I will tell you what I tell everyone farmer or not. farm subsidies are welfare they have changed us from the bread basket of the world to a land of corporate "farmers" paid not to farm at all, or paid to manipulate markets by producing what the gov wants in the quantities bureaucrats want. Dont get me wrong farmers who take subsidies are not bad people they often do it just to survive and I dont begrudge them getting all they get. I just think it is sad that the dependancy created by government programs crush small farmers and often benefit those who work the system not the land.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I know a lot of farmers (imagine that eh?) and a lot of carpenters
    Most are democrats
    Which seems so odd to me as most of these people are true salt of the earth people, Hunters, Fishermen, outdoors types, Church goin & believing people
    All I know own guns and know how to use them But they seem to choose the left. I just can not figure that part out

Farmritch (who is a conservitave)

tzgunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have to say for the 2A reason alone, Hostetler is looking like the only choice. I don't really understand how we are constantly surprised/outraged that a politician will say anything to get elected.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The only place that Behney is dead last is in your mind. Vote for the establishment again Slave!

OK Jay, if you say so.

But the national polling data proves you to be a liar.

Have a nice day. But I choose to fight Coats by trying to unite people behind someone who can beat Coats, not behind someone who will split up the votes and push Coats into the lead via a plurality win.

FOX NEWS said:
    IN Senate Race: Coats Claims Poll Position
    April 29, 2010 - 11:14 AM | by: Steve Brown
    IN Senate Race: Coats Claims Poll Position Liveshots

Dan Coats appears to have broken through in Indiana's GOP primary for that state's US Senate race. A poll out this morning from the Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics has Coats in front outside the margin of error. Here's the breakdown:

Dan Coats 36%

John Hostettler 24%

Marlin Stutzman 18%

Undecided 13%

Don Bates, Jr. 6%

Richard Behney 4%

The poll was conducted by SurveyUSA via recorded message delivered by random telephone calls (refered to as a 'robo-poll'). There were 407 Hoosiers questioned who said they were likely to vote in the Republican primary. Calls were conducted from April 22nd-27th. The margin of error in the poll is plus/minus 5%.

The primary is Tuesday, May 4th.

Even the Tea Party groups have abandoned Behney.
    FOX NEWS said:
    UPDATE: The most surprising single piece of data in the poll was Coats strong standing among likely voters who "identify with the Tea Party movement". In that group...Coats got 30%...Stutzman 23%...Hostettler 21%...Undecided 11%...Bates 9% and Behney 4%.

Why is that surprising? Coats did not win a single straw poll at any of the debates sponsored by Tea Party groups. Organizers have repeatedly told me that of the five Republican candidates...the Tea Party favorites are Stutzman, Behney and Bates.

In fact, Behney is a Tea Party organizer himself. Stutzman has courted the Tea Party vote and has won four Tea Party debate straw polls. The one candidate who has seemed to struggle for support among Tea Party activists is Coats.

Yet, this polls suggests Coats may have mended fences with Tea Partiers on issues such as Coats' voting for a semi-automatic weapons ban while a Senator in the 1990's...and Coats work as a DC lobbyist.

Tea Partiers may have grown pragmatic here in the waning days of the primary campaign...getting behind Coats because of his base of support among the regulars of the Indiana Republican Party. But if that's true...it's the first time this reporter has heard it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It doesn't matter who's last an has no chance to win....people should
    vote their conscience. Not just vote for who they think may win. I was
    leaning towards Stutzman because of his pro-life an NRA ranking...how is
    Hostettler on these issues...?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It doesn't matter who's last an has no chance to win....people should
    vote their conscience. Not just vote for who they think may win. I was
    leaning towards Stutzman because of his pro-life an NRA ranking...how is
    Hostettler on these issues...?

Hostettler and Stutzman are near clones of each other on about 95% of their positions, pro-life included.

Jay Martin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Liar. Okay, I did call you a slave. It is funny, we can watch the video, hear the issues, and still go with what some poll tells us to think. Do not call for a return to our Constitution and then fold out of ignorance or fear. Yes, Slave vote for the lesser of two evils and then do it again and again and pretend in your own mind that you are restoring the Republic.
    Well I don't want to send that sell out. I will send this sell out instead.
    I guess we are all doomed. I hope we some how get enough people who are truly awake, to vote in enough Patriots to change course.
    God help us all. Especially you Slave.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Hostettler is not a sell out, he's one of the few folks who is pretty darn close to a Libertarian who actually has a chance of winning in the US.

As for you, why don't you go post some gun posts. You just made your third post here on this GUN OWNERS forum and so far none are even gun related. Are you now going to claim that Behney is more pro-gun that Hostettler? Or Stutzman?

As for calling me a slave to the establishment, again you are wrong. Hostettler has been shunned by the GOP despite the fact that he runs inside the party.

Facts are facts, you have been proven wrong. . . again.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm pulling for Hostettler so far, he comes from southern IN where I have a lot of friends and family and they have been very pleased with him and has represented them well.

xd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Stay focused folks.. The battle ends tomorrow but we then unite together as one and win the war in November.

Jay Martin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Slave
    No one in the Senate race is more Pro Gun then Richard Behney. Have you even been to a Tea Party? Coats has Tea Party support where??? On a poll, not at an actual Tea Party. What Tea Party have you been to that Coats had support. "Well the poll says he does so it must be true said Slave."
    I call you a slave, because you have been trained like all of us, for a long time, to do what Big Brother wants you to and you will do as you are told.
    The polls told you who is most likely to win and you want to be with the herd, so like a snow ball rolling down hill, all the Slaves jump on board out of fear and vote for what the Master says.

I was hoping for people who think for themselves. I guess that is why we are in this mess, people are easily fooled. I pray I am wrong.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Jay face it at best behney has no chance. At worst he is a modern day perot secretly funded by the establishment to split the conservative vote and assure washington insider Dan a win. See how much of a party slave I am. I think you are a shill here just to pimp for Behney. This is a gun group we talk politics in the context of the 2a and I for one value melensdad's opinions on many issues. Most of his 4,718 posts are gun related and are all valuable well thought out posts. what are your 3 posts about? If you want to call good people liars you might rather go back to your liberal troll cave.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love the Kool-aid drinkers on here who throw up a poll that shows Coats at the top ... and then says that Behney has no Tea Party support based on that same poll.

Where'd that Tea Party support go?

According to the poll: Coats

Wake up and smell the poison you're pushing. Does anyone in their right mind believe that the TEA Party folk support Coats? If not, then why believe the other numbers.

Oh, yeah... I forgot. Hostettler fans have to use fear of Coats or they can win.

Jay Martin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Jay face it at best behney has no chance. At worst he is a modern day perot secretly funded by the establishment to split the conservative vote and assure washington insider Dan a win. See how much of a party slave I am. I think you are a shill here just to pimp for Behney. This is a gun group we talk politics in the context of the 2a and I for one value melensdad's opinions on many issues. Most of his 4,718 posts are gun related and are all valuable well thought out posts. what are your 3 posts about? If you want to call good people liars you might rather go back to your liberal troll cave.

I did not call him a Liar. That is what he called me. Look Hostettler is a very smart man and would be great in someones cabinet. He stated in Walbash IN that he WOULD NOT read the bills, because he would be a bill reader not a bill signer. I do not think Hostettler is a sell out. I think he just does not get it. He has been there before. We simply can not continue to send the same politicians and expect different results. I am telling you all that Hostettler will not win. The establishment is pushing product A (Lobbyist Coats) and product B (Politician who can't wait to sell out Marlin Stutzman)
    I signed on because of the video on Marlin (link was posted on craiglist) and saw the replies. Then have gotten into a few exchanges.
    Most of the time you find there are a lot of Key Board Warriors and it ends there. They do not show up to the Tea Parties, they do not call, they just post. The fact that you think Behney has no chance tells me this site MAY BE one of those places. People who are keyboard Warriors. Its okay at least you are not playing Farmville (ARE YOU?)

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    hey I will make a kool-aid prediction. You like behney I like Hostetler others like Stutzman we all go split the conservative vote and give the win to coats. Call me a Liar or the kool-aid pitcher for all I care but boys we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Coats will win and he will screw us mark my words Hostetler is getting my vote tomorrow and you others cast yours as you want but dont blame anyone but yourselves when we end up with Coats. And make no mistake I am tea party as they come I just know history. 3rd party splinter candidates not only dont win they help the liberals win. If you want to talk polling data this country polls right of center constantlly. we get liberals in power because the republican party has gone left of its base so then the base bleeds off by not voting or voting third party,liberterian etc We will win by taking back the Republican party running true conservative candidates not splintering and giving the win to our opponents. We have a solid conservative country we as conservatives can not be beaten for the simple reason we out number the libs. The only way libs win is by us letting them win by splitting our majority. See they can not beat us but we keep beating ourselves.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Liar. Okay, I did call you a slave. It is funny, we can watch the video, hear the issues, and still go with what some poll tells us to think. Do not call for a return to our Constitution and then fold out of ignorance or fear. Yes, Slave vote for the lesser of two evils and then do it again and again and pretend in your own mind that you are restoring the Republic.
    Well I don't want to send that sell out. I will send this sell out instead.
    I guess we are all doomed. I hope we some how get enough people who are truly awake, to vote in enough Patriots to change course.
    God help us all. Especially you Slave.

man you 2 are lucky. everytime i call someone a name i get a penalty from the mods.

anyways ...... i saw on the news "jim shella" (who thinks hes gods gift to politics) was saying that the only real choices were stuzman and coats. then he basicly said that coats would win. hmmmm so the mainstream media is for coats, that right there tells you to RUN AWAY from him!!!!! im VERY disapointed in the lack of hostetlers campaigning ability. i have been pretty outspoken about voting for him, but his lack of knowing how to campaign or hire people who do is seriously making me reconsider sending him to run in the general election. running your campaign office with the lights off so to speak, does no good if you dont spend the money you saved on getting your name out. i think im voting for stutzman now. i wont be sure until i vote

Top Bottom