• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Hell one Person who was willing to Fight could have stopped this...
    Whether that person was armed with a Pistol, a knife, theirs hands, crap even a large bucket of popcorn. The Problem is that most of Our Society has given up the belief that One must fight for themselves, and would rather wait for the LEOs, or the Toothfairy to ride in and save their asses...

We have become a Nation of ****ing Politically Correct Nancy's... :xmad:

Wait, you just said that you don't like Grossman, but yet this is the exact thing that he stresses. I don't get what you mean.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Not sure on Florida law in 1990 but I don't think they have signs with for of law there. James Edward Pough mostly killed in a GMAC office. Are finance companies a restricted location like a school?

Are boat ramps in Alaska gun free zones? Michael Silka killed 7 there.

What about malls in Nebraska? Robert Hawkins killed 8 in one.

Carl Brown killed 8 in Florida. But since it wasn't a gun free zone two people chased him down as he tried to escape and killed him.

Point being I barely scratched the list of mass murders that used firearms to commit their crimes and gun free zones were not a factor in many of them.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Yes, another issue here is that even many of the 'sheepdog' types tend to resemble the proverbial guy with only a hammer.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wait, you just said that you don't like Grossman, but yet this is the exact thing that he stresses. I don't get what you mean.
    What is so hard to understand that we as a Society have taken the drive out of defending oneself, from almost birth. People will Fight, contrary to what Grossman has written. Seen it to many times, with my own eyes. Push someone into a corner hard enough and they will come out fighting. Especially if they know they are not going to get in trouble for fighting...

If your kid is being picked on by a bully what do you do?!
    You tell the School Administration to have Child X quit making fun or picking on you child.
    What do you do when someone is threatening you?!
    You call the Cops, so they can confront the person and make him leave you alone.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not sure on Florida law in 1990 but I don't think they have signs with for of law there. James Edward Pough mostly killed in a GMAC office. Are finance companies a restricted location like a school?

Are boat ramps in Alaska gun free zones? Michael Silka killed 7 there.

What about malls in Nebraska? Robert Hawkins killed 8 in one.

Carl Brown killed 8 in Florida. But since it wasn't a gun free zone two people chased him down as he tried to escape and killed him.

Point being I barely scratched the list of mass murders that used firearms to commit their crimes and gun free zones were not a factor in many of them.
    If I remember correctly, I think you will find that the Nebraska one was actually a Gun Free Zone...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I remember correctly, I think you will find that the Nebraska one was actually a Gun Free Zone...

So was most of Florida when Carl Brown went nuts. Carl Brown was 5 years from CCW reform in Florida.

Oddly Brown was run over and then shot while bicycling away from the metal shop.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So was most of Florida when Carl Brown went nuts. Carl Brown was 5 years from CCW reform in Florida.

Oddly Brown was run over and then shot while bicycling away from the metal shop.
    Most of my time in Florida I am still attempting to forget, I still have an aversion to swamps to this day because of it...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys know Tom Emmert? Kevin's brother? Drummer for Fist of Metal?

I probably know more about woof shirts than anyone I know.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You guys know Tom Emmert? Kevin's brother? Drummer for Fist of Metal?

I probably know more about woof shirts than anyone I know.

Never seen them while I was down there. I remember being Hungry, wanting to sleep but not being allowed to, and some prick in a black hat screaming and threatening to kill us all if we did not get our collective worthlessness under control. He was a very angry and profane person by the way...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Never seen them while I was down there. I remember being Hungry, wanting to sleep but not being allowed to, and some prick in a black hat screaming and threatening to kill us all if we did not get our collective worthlessness under control. He was a very angry and profane person by the way...

He just needed a hug.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Sounds like needed a time out card.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

So what was your major malfunction? :D

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Questions:

1. How many innocent bystanders did Mr. Saurez shoot as a police officer?

2. Can Mr. Saurez name an incident in which a legal permitee/licensee, non-LEO, shot an innocent bystander in a mass shooting?

3. Why does he assume legal permitees/licensees who are better trained than police officers will perform less than the law enforcement standard?

One person with a gun could have stopped this. If you want to stop mass shootings, eliminate gun free zones, i.e. governmentally approved slaughter pens.

You must have read a different article than I did Kirk.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I remember being Hungry, wanting to sleep but not being allowed to, and some prick in a black hat screaming and threatening to kill us all if we did not get our collective worthlessness under control.

When you were lost did you shake the nearest tree?

Top Bottom