Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The advisory is over a year old. If it's an actual issue, somewhat surprised it hasn't made a bigger splash...
    Yes the advisory is a year old, but still current on their website with no other info. I have heard nothing about it, probably because if something starts with Wolf ammo, I ignore it and move on. Just posted to poke the bear anyway. And Wolf does say ANY M&P rifle.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yes the advisory is a year old, but still current on their website with no other info. I have heard nothing about it, probably because if something starts with Wolf ammo, I ignore it and move on. Just posted to poke the bear anyway. And Wolf does say ANY M&P rifle.

I had several boxes of wolf ammo. Got rid of it by shooting it through my M&P Sport. I'm lucky to be alive.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I ended up jumping the gun and buying the PSA rifle. I'll let you know if it's total trash or not. Was going to cancel and pick up the S&W for about 510 but they already shipped the PSA.

I was doing some research on barrel twist ratios and the general consensus is that 1:7 likes heavier ammo and 1:9 likes lighter ammo, but real world tests don't really confirm this.

I guess I'll buy a mix and see what it likes the best.

Anyone have the PSA "Freedom Rifle?"

Have you found an ammo that it likes (accuracy)

Thanks

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I ended up jumping the gun and buying the PSA rifle. I'll let you know if it's total trash or not. Was going to cancel and pick up the S&W for about 510 but they already shipped the PSA.

I was doing some research on barrel twist ratios and the general consensus is that 1:7 likes heavier ammo and 1:9 likes lighter ammo, but real world tests don't really confirm this.

I guess I'll buy a mix and see what it likes the best.

Anyone have the PSA "Freedom Rifle?"

Have you found an ammo that it likes (accuracy)

Thanks

If it’s this one, should be a fine rifle: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-freedom-rifle.html

PSA has so many different configurations, it’s hard to comment without knowing specifically which one you have.

As far as ammo it likes, any 5.56 load should be fine. Please keep in mind you got a budget rifle, they are built to a price point. I would be very surprised if you get a 1moa shooter. Not saying they are bad rifles by any means, just go in with realistic expectations.

Let us us know how it turns out! Congrats on your purchase!

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    I know its not popular opinion given their handgun record but the DB15 by diamondback is pretty solid I got it for under 500$ new with a heavy barrel and free float rail just had to add sights. I think its hard to beat runs great.

Top Bottom