• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Picked up some Eley Subsonic .22LR at the new Grey Wolf Firearms in Avon. A little more than I wanted to pay at 20 cents a round but I didn't have any and my new cans were begging for some. It looked like they had over 50 boxes on the shelf.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    IMHO the guns are overpriced. Lots of standard stock. Nothing special caught my eye. Didn't price any of the ammo except the subsonics I bought. It's close to the house and the staff was a lot nicer then Ft. Liberty. More stock too. If they can get the gun prices closer to MAP than MSRP I think they'll do well. One of the clerks said they are looking to move in a year and open a range with the store.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    All we have at Parabellum is subsonic @ 8.00 a box. CCI standard velocity IS subsonic and works great, at least in my M&P 22 compact and 22/45 lite Ruger.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    IMHO the guns are overpriced. Lots of standard stock. Nothing special caught my eye. Didn't price any of the ammo except the subsonics I bought. It's close to the house and the staff was a lot nicer then Ft. Liberty. More stock too. If they can get the gun prices closer to MAP than MSRP I think they'll do well. One of the clerks said they are looking to move in a year and open a range with the store.

Ahh. That'd a bummer really. It's close for me also. Sounds like the guy in Clermont with the overpriced guns. I guess I'll continue with bradis and pss.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    All we have at Parabellum is subsonic @ 8.00 a box. CCI standard velocity IS subsonic and works great, at least in my M&P 22 compact and 22/45 lite Ruger.
    I didn't know you guys even had 22 in stock. I go there a couple of times a month to to shoot but always brought my own ammo. Next time I'll have to get some ammo from you.

If you are using a pistol, you don't need subsonic. Most .22 will stay subsonic out of a pistol.
    I have a some rifles and 1 pistol that I shoot suppressed 22 out of. I agree the pistol is much quieter with 1250+ fps 40 grain rounds.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I didn't know you guys even had 22 in stock. I go there a couple of times a month to to shoot but always brought my own ammo. Next time I'll have to get some ammo from you.

I have a some rifles and 1 pistol that I shoot suppressed 22 out of. I agree the pistol is much quieter with 1250+ fps 40 grain rounds.
    You'll want something subsonic for the rifles. Just stay away from CCI Quiet rds. They will not cycle most semi-autos. In a bolt though they are almost as quiet without a suppressor as Subsonics with a suppressor.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I love the quiet. Bought 1k rounds on accident so being the money waster I am ... I bought a ruger bolt rifle with a threaded barrel and suppressed you could shoot it in the same room and they wouldn't hear it. Well they will hear the lead hit whatever but that's about it. Very cool round

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    One of the rifles is a Ruger American Rimfire. I'm building a suppressor just for it. That's one of the main guns I'm wanting subsonic for. I grew up shooting CB Caps. Those things were super quiet without a suppressor. Used to hunt rabbits and squirrels with them. I haven't seen any in a long time.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been using Remington 36gr hollow points from Dunhams. They cycle my Tac Sol upper with my Gemtech can just fine. I bought a boatload when they had a sale a couple years back and can't remember the price.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have the American rifle bolt and the Warlock2 suppressor. Will CCI standard it will not even be as loud as a pellet gun. With CCI Quiet it will make you laugh.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I am using CCI SV in my Hunter integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel and the action makes more noise than the round does...very quiet.

How do you like that integrally suppresser? I saw one at Copper Custom and I do have a 10/22 in the same that never gets out because it is not treaded. I think it was around $450 or something. I watched a video about it and the guy said you could remove some screws and slow down even regular high velocity down to sub sonic?

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    RAR rimfire with Huntington Arms, Quiet are just that!! Cabelas had plenty of QUIET and SV for 4.99 a box. 500 limit total per day though. Everything else uses CCI Standard Velocity. Also have a SBR 15-22, which the can lives on. I simply put the pistol upper on a rifle lower. The hardest part was waiting 107 days for the stamp!! Now I have a rifle upper and a pistol lower, just sitting in the safe. It was easy to do and works great, but not very cost efficient. It would be easier to simply build an AR SBR and get a dedicated 22 upper.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I stopped by Cabela's after work today. They had a very large amount of the CCI Quiet and a massive amount of the CCI SV. I picked up 10 boxes and went to the firearms register. I joked with the guy about the limit being 10 and he said there wasn't a limit and if I wanted more I could get it. Grabbed another 10 boxes. He said they post it but don't enforce it. And if they did you could just buy 10 from him then go get more and go up front with it and check out. He said they have even more in the back and management said they will be stocking it all the time. Very nice to know!

Top Bottom